BB should be fired tonight
    Yes, and Manning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Interesting. And I guess it's a complete coincidence that Michael Bradley also started with the team in 2014?!?!

This guy's little bit as Covid started comes to mind...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Story yesterday.

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/socce...f-c68bf3d87e7d

For his part, Bradley suggested that he was disappointed with the development of some of the club’s hyped-up youngsters, who will almost certainly not get the same chances to start next season. TFC will no doubt strengthen certain positions in the off-season with older, more proven players. For some of the youngsters, the bus has come and left.
    Article content

“I’m not going to go through each guy,” said Bradley, a coach who has shown a knack in the past for developing young players. “Sometimes you need more time, (but) have all of them developed as quickly as I would have hoped this year? No, not necessarily.”
    Bradley talked about how Kaye joined his 2018 LAFC team from the USL in 2018, barely out of his teens, and how the Toronto native felt MLS was “all too much for him” at first.
    “It was going too fast. He felt like, ‘I can’t do it,’” said Bradley. “But he was really open to being coached and football ideas that he picked up he could process and apply them. And you saw him at a certain point starting to gain confidence and you started to see consistency. You could see after 5-6-7 games how it was going up and up and up and up. I don’t think that’s been the case for enough of the young guys (with TFC) this year. So that’s the challenge for all of them.
    Article content

“I can’t give you the final rundown on where they’re all going to be (next season),” added the coach.
    “Anywhere you go in the world, young players are trying to earn respect, or trying to gain opportunities. (But) then when (opportunity) comes, it’s not a given. And it’s not always just a nice, smooth path. I’ve told a lot of them that this year – that the work to become a top pro it’s not like you just had a game or two and it goes up, that now it’s guaranteed that it’s going to keep skyrocketing. How you deal with it, how you go through a rough stretch, how you continue to believe in the work that’s being done, how committed you are. There’s been a lot of in-house discussions (about that).”
    The bottom line: For most of TFC’s young guns, starts are going to be few and far between going forward. When asked if he expects the club to upgrade the roster in certain positions next year, Bradley replied: “1,000 per cent.”
    What a stunning lack of self awareness this old prick of a coach has.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-17-2022 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This all falls on Manning.

All down hill since 2018- 2020 was a fluke poz carrying tfc.

Bringing three Italians and increasing tickets by 40%.

No way what he envisioned justifies 40% increase .

Same issue can't score in the build up of play

Take away the corners ( clearly the Italians aren't being coached whatsoever)

Take away the penalties

Take away the individual brilliant bangers

How many goals does tfc have from build up ?

How many times does Bono need to bounce the ball off the opponent to get scored on.. lol.

This isn't even hindsight.

Are yall comfortable to let Manning and BB continue into 2023.

They gutted the wing backs , gutted the midfield.

The 7 games Perez had oso and Marky playing I can't remember the last time the midfield was fluid like that maybe 2017 and champions league 2018 run.

Got dang and those fugly grey kits.

Thought tfc were the reds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daner90 View Post
    Not a chance we are. This team looks lost most games under BB.

Its so frustrating to watch these matches and there is no clear purpose or strategy in place. Just throw them out there in a 4-3-3 and hope the italians show some magic.

Id take vanney back in an instant.
    I would like to bring back Bez and give him Manning's job. The club has regressed since he left to the point we are now again the laughing stock of MLS.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the interview in question quoting BB - as always, watch the video not just read the quotes

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/train...tember-15-2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The usual postgame meltdown lol

Take deep breaths relax and enjoy the rebuild for 2023

Nothing is easy in this league specially not making playoffs

The great Bruce Arena and New England who won the Supporters Shield last year with the most points in MLS history have just missed playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Story yesterday.

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/socce...f-c68bf3d87e7d

For his part, Bradley suggested that he was disappointed with the development of some of the club’s hyped-up youngsters, who will almost certainly not get the same chances to start next season. TFC will no doubt strengthen certain positions in the off-season with older, more proven players. For some of the youngsters, the bus has come and left.
    Article content

“I’m not going to go through each guy,” said Bradley, a coach who has shown a knack in the past for developing young players. “Sometimes you need more time, (but) have all of them developed as quickly as I would have hoped this year? No, not necessarily.”
    Bradley talked about how Kaye joined his 2018 LAFC team from the USL in 2018, barely out of his teens, and how the Toronto native felt MLS was “all too much for him” at first.
    “It was going too fast. He felt like, ‘I can’t do it,’” said Bradley. “But he was really open to being coached and football ideas that he picked up he could process and apply them. And you saw him at a certain point starting to gain confidence and you started to see consistency. You could see after 5-6-7 games how it was going up and up and up and up. I don’t think that’s been the case for enough of the young guys (with TFC) this year. So that’s the challenge for all of them.
    Article content

“I can’t give you the final rundown on where they’re all going to be (next season),” added the coach.
    “Anywhere you go in the world, young players are trying to earn respect, or trying to gain opportunities. (But) then when (opportunity) comes, it’s not a given. And it’s not always just a nice, smooth path. I’ve told a lot of them that this year – that the work to become a top pro it’s not like you just had a game or two and it goes up, that now it’s guaranteed that it’s going to keep skyrocketing. How you deal with it, how you go through a rough stretch, how you continue to believe in the work that’s being done, how committed you are. There’s been a lot of in-house discussions (about that).”
    The bottom line: For most of TFC’s young guns, starts are going to be few and far between going forward. When asked if he expects the club to upgrade the roster in certain positions next year, Bradley replied: “1,000 per cent.”
    Thanks, Jloome - much appreciated.

This is kind of stunning given how basically the kids were never put in a position to succeed. How do you not acknowledge that as a coach while openly going after them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is for bob and bill

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man this was a freaking depressing season. It's always worse after you get your hopes up a bit. You start off thinking: new coach (can't be worse), new chance, a bunch of changes. Then the first half of the season gets really bad. Followed by more naive hope: a couple of expensive internationals coming in, we'll make a run, team does pretty well for a while. Yet followed by: back to mostly bleak: "new" coach totally inflexible and lacking all self-awareness towards himself and his team. The new players get the excitement drilled out of them. Giving up many goals per game, but absolutely no change in tactics to avoid that.

Oh but 40% more for tickets next season, woohoo!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post

The great Bruce Arena and New England who won the Supporters Shield last year with the most points in MLS history have just missed playoffs
    LOL. How about you take some deep breaths and think about it a bit harder? We've been taking deep breaths and "enjoying" rebuilds most of the time since 2007. Are you new here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post

Competing for playoffs is a sign of being average in this league. Half the league gets into the playoffs.

We were barely ever in competition - this isn’t good enough.

Don’t condescend with this deep breaths nonsense

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Competing for playoffs is a sign of being average in this league. Half the league gets into the playoffs.

We were barely ever in competition - this isn’t good enough.

Don’t condescend with this deep breaths nonsense
    I agree, especially about the condescending part. I've had a TON of patience for this team, including during almost all this season. At some point you have to realize that a shit sandwich ain't turning into a filet mignon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has nothing to do with tonight's game, but one topic that never really was discussed much is why did Danny Dicchio leave TFC to coach Sacramento? Couldn't he have coached TFC II, or been made an assistant with TFC?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This is Armas level bad
    Do you guys want to hear something hilarious? About 2 1/2 years ago my brother was banned from this site for constantly making negative comments about the TFC front office , Now everyone on here is doing the same. Hahaha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Do you guys want to hear something hilarious? About 2 1/2 years ago my brother was banned from this site for constantly making negative comments about the TFC front office , Now everyone on here is doing the same. Hahaha
    I guess some people can be incredibly annoying even if they turn out to be right now and then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I been doing it since- the handling of Seba and Jozy.

This year I stepped back because it seemed like a lot of others who believed in this management took others subjective views personally and seemed to create a divide in this forum- first time I've seen this- wasn't as borderline toxic with Armas as its been with BB.

Almostef reminded me of raptors board and the TWO movement vs treadmill- toxic as fk

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK folks, no use getting ourselves all in a huff about a mix of highly-paid professionals and a bunch of journeymen. On a team owned by two members of Canada's suffocating media and telecom oligopoly. What a weird thing this ownership and this league actually is. It's surprising they at least let us have a good time now and then.

Peace out and good night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m okay with missing the playoffs. Chances of this being a rebuilding year were always high.

But we missed it in a Chris Armas, Mo Johnston, “everything looks dysfunctional and time won’t fix it” sort of way. This isn’t like the early days with Vanney when the team looked okay but Perquis is playing CB and nobody was in midfield to be a creative catalyst.

If the board has any sense they’ll call Manning and Bradley the second the final whistle blows and tell them to clean out their desks. Harsh deal for Bob but not sure what he’s offing that warrants him staying.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    If the board has any sense they’ll call Manning and Bradley the second the final whistle blows and tell them to clean out their desks.
    But but but... Bill Manning knows how to type www.transfermarkt.com into his browser. Talent like that is hard to find!

Oh wait, I was supposed to be gone already. Ok now I'm really gone. Good night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing that could happen to TFC is if they were bought by a very wealthy person who is passionate about football, and who would then build a new football only stadium that is fully enclosed on all 4 sides. Anything owned by MLSE is eventually run into the ground

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In that video, BB was asked if the slide was partly due to Oso being out. He didn't say "yes" but he came darn close to saying "we don't know how to adjust". Yeh...that bit there bugs me. A team should not be this bad simply because 1 player goes out.

If we lose either Insigne or Oso for a match, we are not good enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, neither Manning nor BB are going anywhere until next season's story is written.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    The best thing that could happen to TFC is if they were bought by a very wealthy person who is passionate about football, and who would then build a new football only stadium that is fully enclosed on all 4 sides. Anything owned by MLSE is eventually run into the ground
    To be fair MLSE have invested more in this team than any sane investor ever would. Any other owner would probably see us cut costs massively

The issue is who they've trusted with that money. We had one component person with the wallet and did great, everyone else calling the shots have had a pretty spectacularly poor return on that investment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least we had 2017..... which is more than what Leafs fans can say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume all players are still getting their paycheck this week in spite of the performance. There should be more merit-based remuneration in professional sports. I also agree with MLS bringing in relegation as someone else suggested above.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminder that Bez is why we had Zavs until last year & why we still have Bono - also Bez managed to torpedo a lot of good will in Columbus by attempting to change their logo..

If people want to fire the current president, Bez is not a good replacement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In that video, BB was asked if the slide was partly due to Oso being out. He didn't say "yes" but he came darn close to saying "we don't know how to adjust". Yeh...that bit there bugs me. A team should not be this bad simply because 1 player goes out.

If we lose either Insigne or Oso for a match, we are not good enough.

Or should have kept some mid field depth .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Reminder that Bez is why we had Zavs until last year & why we still have Bono - also Bez managed to torpedo a lot of good will in Columbus by attempting to change their logo..

If people want to fire the current president, Bez is not a good replacement
    People love to cherry pick certain outcomes for some reason but nobody can credibly explain to me results pre Bez - results with Bez - results after Bez with anything that isn't he's the only competent GM we've ever had. Perfect? No. But not batting 1000 on every decision with the benefit of hindsight is a criteria nobody could be judged under

If you have an argument that explains those three eras of results (specifically the EXTREME delta of those results) as anything that isn't the only competent GM we've ever had I'm all ears but "what about this one specific contract!" Or "what about the signings that didn't work while we were dominating the league!" Isn't it. And that isn't even getting into winning a cup with a team with like ten percent of the resources we have.

Results speak. Start middle and end of discussion
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 09-17-2022 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok we kinda knew we were not making the playoffs,but they added 5 so called starters,(i think kaye is average at best)and now they are getting embarrassed ,to me that shows they stopped playing for BB.he must go.