Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    His best years came playing with guys like Atuesta and Blessing who have incredible engines. I wonder if they masked some of his defensive flaws.
    I mean, any midfield combo should have a different combination of things. Kaye (allegedly) is good at progressive passing from the midfield third to the final 3rd. That’s supposed to be his secret sauce.

But I find his overall game to be pretty mediocre. He’s so-so defensively and not really present in the attacking third. As someone else said, it’s probably substitute worthy but starter for a team that aspires to win the cup? Kind of doubt it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We have played the kids - they are not good enough. Play the DP's and get them reps with each other & the others sticking around.
    They're not all bad. They've shown flashes. This should be the final bloodletting – either perform in these last few games or you're gone.

I don't think Insigne, Berna and Criscito really need more 'reps' with each other. They're pretty smooth already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially acquisitions. TFC has been absolutely brutal in that area since Bez left, mainly due to Curtis, however BB hasn't fared much better as sporting director.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    They're not all bad. They've shown flashes. This should be the final bloodletting – either perform in these last few games or you're gone.

I don't think Insigne, Berna and Criscito really need more 'reps' with each other. They're pretty smooth already.
    The problem is, these kids need to be surrounded by vets to keep their heads above water. As a group collectively? We’d just be fishing dead bodies out of the bottom of the pool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atrocious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a goal by MacNaughton.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the offensive work can be great to watch but my GAWD the defence is just so bad & there is no midfield presence in front of our back line.

MB has to be replaced. He has had a good run, was doing decent earlier in the season. But he's been run over the last few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen enough. I don't think Bradley is a coach I'll ever have faith in. I'll have to see something miraculous to change that.

Here's why: it's not that he played the kids. It's not that he played Bono over and over. It's not that he plays michael 90 min every game at age 35.

It's that our movement is terrible. I mean, fucking awful.

It's only when Insigne, Bradley and Bernadeschi use close interplay that we even look competent.

A team with this many technically gifted players should be pinging the ball around, not waiting for movement, not waiting for players to give them something to pass to.

They should know where the supporting run is suppose to be. They should move with some degree of predictability -- hard lateral, hard diagonal, off the shoulder, etc -- so that they can develop possession fluidity, and move the ball fast enough to pull defenses out of shape.

We never switch field quickly enough. We never tilt our offense to create an undefended backside. We never send men to both posts. We never start corners with runners coming into the box from deeper, to give SOME possibility of space.

No, there's something really wrong here. Perhaps the field coaching is being handled by Stalteri et al and they're expecting too much of this stuff to be rote for guys in MLS, but this is a rapidly evolving league with huge talent disparities.

I mean, maybe in the offseason they'll hire five or six more ex-Italians or at least experienced first-team players and this will all be moot just by strength of roster.

But unless the tactical and coaching approach changes, I see this team always losing more games than it should.

I hope I am wrong. But we've seen this from older managers before, where they get hyper focussed on preferred areas of coaching and management as they stay in the game and the bigger picture is missed.

But this just isn't close to good enough, even with the relative strength of this roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    What a goal by MacNaughton.
    He's really struggled the past few games. Realistically he is at best a 4th centreback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Some of the offensive work can be great to watch but my GAWD the defence is just so bad & there is no midfield presence in front of our back line.

MB has to be replaced. He has had a good run, was doing decent earlier in the season. But he's been run over the last few weeks.
    It is almost like playing a 35 year old midfielder in every minute of every game is a bad idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I've seen enough. I don't think Bradley is a coach I'll ever have faith in. I'll have to see something miraculous to change that.

Here's why: it's not that he played the kids. It's not that he played Bono over and over. It's not that he plays michael 90 min every game at age 35.

It's that our movement is terrible. I mean, fucking awful.

It's only when Insigne, Bradley and Bernadeschi use close interplay that we even look competent.

A team with this many technically gifted players should be pinging the ball around, not waiting for movement, not waiting for players to give them something to pass to.

They should know where the supporting run is suppose to be. They should move with some degree of predictability -- hard lateral, hard diagonal, off the shoulder, etc -- so that they can develop possession fluidity, and move the ball fast enough to pull defenses out of shape.

We never switch field quickly enough. We never tilt our offense to create an undefended backside. We never send men to both posts. We never start corners with runners coming into the box from deeper, to give SOME possibility of space.

No, there's something really wrong here. Perhaps the field coaching is being handled by Stalteri et al and they're expecting too much of this stuff to be rote for guys in MLS, but this is a rapidly evolving league with huge talent disparities.

I mean, maybe in the offseason they'll hire five or six more ex-Italians or at least experienced first-team players and this will all be moot just by strength of roster.

But unless the tactical and coaching approach changes, I see this team always losing more games than it should.

I hope I am wrong. But we've seen this from older managers before, where they get hyper focussed on preferred areas of coaching and management as they stay in the game and the bigger picture is missed.

But this just isn't close to good enough, even with the relative strength of this roster.
    This all without mentioning his terrible acquisition strategy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Laryea and Criscito have been increasingly tepid under BB
    This is so true. Both these guys are built to do the overlap. And with our two inverted wingers, overlapping backs are necessary to clear the space that lets them cut inside. I've been mystified by how stagnant Bob has our fullbacks playing. They can do dummy runs, they can take the ball deep and hit crosses, and they can dance in the box. I just don't understand the way they're being deployed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main red flag around MAK for me isn't his performances so far, they're excusable to an extent with injuries and a team that is frankly awful

It's the fans of the rapids who were pretty delighted with the trade. I read as much of what they were saying as possible and basically couldn't find one sad to see him go. At best he seemed to be someone who shows flashes but is inconsistent and gives the ball away alot. I haven't seen him play much but so far, so far, he's exactly as advertised and I'm not too optimistic about him turning it around next season. We got absolutely hosed on that transfer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westberg visibly asking for options, not seeing any, and resorting to hitting a long ball to insigne is a pretty accurate snapshot of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Westberg visibly asking for options, not seeing any, and resorting to hitting a long ball to insigne is a pretty accurate snapshot of the game
    Every player has been complaining about options.

This is a coaching issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our defenders are backing up quickly on a break. Orlando passes the ball back-lateral.

our defenders, instead of recognizing the overload danger and continuing to back up, stop dead and ball watch, then only resume running to mark their men... who are now thirty yards away from the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimenez from 25 yards being our first shot on target in 60 minutes is just disgusting with this talent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This all without mentioning his terrible acquisition strategy.
    Other than the Italians who were brought in by Manning, you can make an argument that BB did not bring in 1 starting quality player in both the January and July windows. The last 2 windows were wasted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are only 6 goals away from our goals against last season

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a team that has no self belief and nothing further to fight for. If it was Europe they'd be fighting relegation at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And why the fuck is Akinola still starting ?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not that I expect it, since he's probably due the chop too, but Manning would probably do himself a huge favor in the offseason by having a private chat with his DPs and asking what they think of their coaching. Given who they've worked with, it might be instructive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And why the fuck is Akinola still starting ?!?
    Probably because we’ve decided to move on from JJ. Which is really nothing more than an admission we can’t scout because he’s playing EXACTLY like his scouting report suggested he would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Probably because we’ve decided to move on from JJ. Which is really nothing more than an admission we can’t scout because he’s playing EXACTLY like his scouting report suggested he would.
    We should be playing a 1-2, with Insigne at the number 10, bernadeschi and jimenez as opposing outside forwards. We'd be way more effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kaye was absolute shit today. Very inconsistent player. Lots of reach and strength and some speed, but his touch is woeful (as is Thompson's, as is Akinola's. None of them consistently trap and make their first pass).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimenez has done more in ten minutes than Akinola did all game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are already so much better with Oso on the pitch. Sign the man for 10 years, I don't care.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should be playing a 1-2, with Insigne at the number 10, bernadeschi and jiminez as opposing outside forwards. We'd be way more effective.
    Oh there’s lots we could do. We’re just too caught up on one narrow system to do it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only good thing to come out of this game is Oso getting back on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think despite everything we make the playoffs if osorio stays healthy all year, maybe even just for the last 4 game stretch. We're so much better INSTANTLY when he plays its incredible