Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The only good thing to come out of this game is Oso getting back on the field.
    I'm happy to see Petrasso get some minutes - he's a decent depth player at LB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we clone a half dozen Osorio’s?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio MOTM. Only player who looks like he gives a fuck tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio should have the fucking armband

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some wanted him gone, and got their wish. I'll give time to rebuild, but I don't think we're playing better technically now than under him.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I think despite everything we make the playoffs if osorio stays healthy all year, maybe even just for the last 4 game stretch. We're so much better INSTANTLY when he plays its incredible
    I think we make the playoffs if Westberg & Oso both don't get injured down the stretch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Some wanted him gone, and got their wish. I'll give time to rebuild, but I don't think we're playing better technically than under him.
    I don’t hate Greg but sometimes managers get stale and the players need a new voice. Than again, maybe we just needed new players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I notice Bob threw the kids under the bus in the media yesterday, too. If this was a building year, what was he expecting? 19 year old academy players to blossom into first teamers overnight?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Some wanted him gone, and got their wish. I'll give time to rebuild, but I don't think we're playing better technically now than under him.
    Not a chance we are. This team looks lost most games under BB.

Its so frustrating to watch these matches and there is no clear purpose or strategy in place. Just throw them out there in a 4-3-3 and hope the italians show some magic.

Id take vanney back in an instant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I notice Bob threw the kids under the bus in the media yesterday, too. If this was a building year, what was he expecting? 19 year old academy players to blossom into first teamers overnight?
    Where was this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob is having Shane O'Neill bomb forward from CB. That will definitely pay off.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Jimenez from 25 yards being our first shot on target in 60 minutes is just disgusting with this talent
    Are TFC seriously going to try to walk the ball into goal ALL game? Against Orlando which is perfectly comfortable playing in tight spaces like that, and is VERY skilled at blocks and interceptions?

Some of the new players were taking long shots when they started here, and having some success. At least it forces the defending team out of their shape and makes room for other players. Now they're hardly doing that anymore. Is the coach telling them not to take long shots, or the captain? As we had the same problems in previous years under other coaches, I wonder if it's the latter. Or is everyone just giving up? Maybe both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God I hope we sell Ruty and just take the cash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad Michael Bradley gets to play every minute in this 3-0 game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Are TFC seriously going to try to walk the ball into goal ALL game?

To be fair, this has been TFC's MO (apart from relying upon the counter) since 2014.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Especially playing them in completely new positions.
    Petrasso starts the year as a LM/LW (was a LB last year)
    Shaff starts as a LB (was a LW)
    Kosi plays as a RB (was a RW with TFC2)
    JMR plays as RB (was always a midfielder)
    Priso plays a bench cheerleader (was a CM)
    Perruzza would get used as a Winger (he's a striker)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Third game in a row that the Reds have given up four goals, how unfortunate.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just knew that was going to be saved, lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The main red flag around MAK for me isn't his performances so far, they're excusable to an extent with injuries and a team that is frankly awful

It's the fans of the rapids who were pretty delighted with the trade. I read as much of what they were saying as possible and basically couldn't find one sad to see him go. At best he seemed to be someone who shows flashes but is inconsistent and gives the ball away alot. I haven't seen him play much but so far, so far, he's exactly as advertised and I'm not too optimistic about him turning it around next season. We got absolutely hosed on that transfer
    He seems to often have a bad attitude, or at least he's not very stable mentally. When things go wrong he often throws up his hands and gives up. I've seen the same thing with TFC and CMNT. Maybe it's like someone else suggested: if he's in a stable midfield with others who are leaders, he can do a job. But he's not a leader and shouldn't be expected to play a leading role, or command a salary like he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anywhere else in the world we would be playing Guelph and Vaughan next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who puts 5 minutes up on a 4-0 game. Like blow the whistle you dip shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is Armas level bad

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To be fair, this has been TFC's MO (apart from relying upon the counter) since 2014.
    Interesting. And I guess it's a complete coincidence that Michael Bradley also started with the team in 2014?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    His best years came playing with guys like Atuesta and Blessing who have incredible engines. I wonder if they masked some of his defensive flaws.
    I think you're absolutely bang on. Kaye plays really loose for a midfielder but with LA they were so good on the re-press it didn't matter that much because they (including Kaye himself) could easily recover if he lost the ball, and then break. Even with Canada Eustaquio is elite at covering ground. TFC has nobody who can do* that at a high level and probably only Oso and Bernie who can do it at a passable level, and the former doesn't even look like he'll be back.

*currently anyway. We did have Priso and Shaff who inexplicably fell off a cliff and Shaff already looks like his old self in Nashville

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Where was this?
    Story yesterday.

https://edmontonsun.com/sports/socce...f-c68bf3d87e7d

For his part, Bradley suggested that he was disappointed with the development of some of the club’s hyped-up youngsters, who will almost certainly not get the same chances to start next season. TFC will no doubt strengthen certain positions in the off-season with older, more proven players. For some of the youngsters, the bus has come and left.
    Article content

“I’m not going to go through each guy,” said Bradley, a coach who has shown a knack in the past for developing young players. “Sometimes you need more time, (but) have all of them developed as quickly as I would have hoped this year? No, not necessarily.”
    Bradley talked about how Kaye joined his 2018 LAFC team from the USL in 2018, barely out of his teens, and how the Toronto native felt MLS was “all too much for him” at first.
    “It was going too fast. He felt like, ‘I can’t do it,’” said Bradley. “But he was really open to being coached and football ideas that he picked up he could process and apply them. And you saw him at a certain point starting to gain confidence and you started to see consistency. You could see after 5-6-7 games how it was going up and up and up and up. I don’t think that’s been the case for enough of the young guys (with TFC) this year. So that’s the challenge for all of them.
    Article content

“I can’t give you the final rundown on where they’re all going to be (next season),” added the coach.
    “Anywhere you go in the world, young players are trying to earn respect, or trying to gain opportunities. (But) then when (opportunity) comes, it’s not a given. And it’s not always just a nice, smooth path. I’ve told a lot of them that this year – that the work to become a top pro it’s not like you just had a game or two and it goes up, that now it’s guaranteed that it’s going to keep skyrocketing. How you deal with it, how you go through a rough stretch, how you continue to believe in the work that’s being done, how committed you are. There’s been a lot of in-house discussions (about that).”
    The bottom line: For most of TFC’s young guns, starts are going to be few and far between going forward. When asked if he expects the club to upgrade the roster in certain positions next year, Bradley replied: “1,000 per cent.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are so soft. If I was losing 4-0 and the opposing team kept running at my backline during injury time I’d level someone for their trouble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando entirely taking the piss with these stepovers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BB should be fired tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True or not, I see no reason for him to say that publicly except to deflect responsibility for putting them in that position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    We are so soft. If I was losing 4-0 and the opposing team kept running at my backline during injury time I’d level someone for their trouble
    Fourth team in league history to give up 4 goals for 4 games in a row.

I'm sorry, this is not just "the kids". This is a badly coached team, end of.