RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS games - Sept 9-10

Friday, September 9:
    Columbus @ Montreal – 7:30pm – TSN – Montreal has been quite good this year, Game in hand and they are 2nd in the East and looking to finish there as I don’t see them catching Philly. Columbus has dropped 8 points in their last 5 games.

Saturday, September 10:
    NYCFC @ Charlotte – 1pm – wow NYC is on 1 win in last 9 games. Conveniently enough that’s the time Castellanos left…coincidence? I think not. They should be able to beat a new expansion Charlotte side no?

LA Galaxy @ Nashville – 3:30pm – Vanney is going to have to fight hard to win this away game if they want a chance at the playoffs..two years in a row and they don’t make playoffs. Do they let him go?

New England @ Red Bulls
    – 6pm – Red Bulls need the win here if they want to keep home field advantage in the playoffs. Revs want the win just to get into the playoffs.

San Jose @ Cincinnati
    – 7:30pm – How they rise from the depths, Cincinnati who finished last place in the last 3 seasons has kicked it up a notch and they are in a playoff spot. Do they choke here and fall short of that or will they continue on?

Orlando @ Philadelphia
    – 7:30pm – Orlando going to have a tough time trying to get any goals on Philly. They have only given up 21 this season…just 21 that is insane. The next best is LAFC and they have given up 32. Just for reference (and I know there are 4 games left) The lowest GA I could find was Colorado giving up 32 in 2016. I only went as far back as 2014 though.

Miami @ Chicago
    – 8pm – Chicago is being given the edge in the probability to win here with 50% to Miami’s 25% chance. Maybe just because they are at home? Strange, but maybe they would like to play spoiler for Miami and keep them below playoff line.

Austin @ Seattle
    – 8pm – Austin proving they have a pretty solid team. Can they beat down Seattle further out of any playoff hopes.

LAFC @ Dallas
    – 8:30pm – LA have been struggling against bottom feeders and given up 9 points in 4 games. Dallas is in 3rd though, so if they want that supporters shield they are going to have to stop dropping points.

Kansas City @ Houston
    – 8:30pm – yikes, throw in San Jose here and we could have an OmegaBall game on the ESPN 8 the OCHO for the wooden spoon. (check it out, it’s actually a thing)

Vancouver @ Colorado
    – 9:30pm – TSN – Since Can champ final they have only won 2 games, one of those was against Colorado though. Cavalini isn’t helping their cause either, and looks like he is out for 4 games for stepping on Muyl’s face. What a donkey move that was…Muyl, donkey, jackahh..nevermind.

D.C. @ RSL
    – 9:30pm – Not much to say here, D.C are just terrible this year. It’s possible Benteke will help them out but not enough time in the season. RSL fighting to stay above that playoff line so they should be coming out strong.

Minnesota @ Portland
    – 10pm – Should be a decent game given right now they are both just above the playoff line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great post 613reppingTFC!

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post

Friday, September 9:
    Columbus @ Montreal – 7:30pm – TSN – Montreal has been quite good this year, Game in hand and they are 2nd in the East and looking to finish there as I don’t see them catching Philly. Columbus has dropped 8 points in their last 5 games.
    Agree.

Saturday, September 10:
    NYCFC @ Charlotte – 1pm – wow NYC is on 1 win in last 9 games. Conveniently enough that’s the time Castellanos left…coincidence? I think not. They should be able to beat a new expansion Charlotte side no?
    Yes. NYC need it.

LA Galaxy @ Nashville – 3:30pm – Vanney is going to have to fight hard to win this away game if they want a chance at the playoffs..two years in a row and they don’t make playoffs. Do they let him go?
    Maybe.

New England @ Red Bulls
    – 6pm – Red Bulls need the win here if they want to keep home field advantage in the playoffs. Revs want the win just to get into the playoffs.
    Gonna be the east coast 'clash' game.

San Jose @ Cincinnati
    – 7:30pm – How they rise from the depths, Cincinnati who finished last place in the last 3 seasons has kicked it up a notch and they are in a playoff spot. Do they choke here and fall short of that or will they continue on?
    TFC... I... we... need them to choke!

Orlando @ Philadelphia
    – 7:30pm – Orlando going to have a tough time trying to get any goals on Philly. They have only given up 21 this season…just 21 that is insane. The next best is LAFC and they have given up 32. Just for reference (and I know there are 4 games left) The lowest GA I could find was Colorado giving up 32 in 2016. I only went as far back as 2014 though.
    Philadelphia should dominate.

Miami @ Chicago
    – 8pm – Chicago is being given the edge in the probability to win here with 50% to Miami’s 25% chance. Maybe just because they are at home? Strange, but maybe they would like to play spoiler for Miami and keep them below playoff line.
    Prefer Chicago to win.

Austin @ Seattle
    – 8pm – Austin proving they have a pretty solid team. Can they beat down Seattle further out of any playoff hopes.
    A must win for Seattle. Yet Austin should win. Seattle for the win on experience and grit.

LAFC @ Dallas
    – 8:30pm – LA have been struggling against bottom feeders and given up 9 points in 4 games. Dallas is in 3rd though, so if they want that supporters shield they are going to have to stop dropping points.
    Gonna be the most interesting game.

Kansas City @ Houston
    – 8:30pm – yikes, throw in San Jose here and we could have an OmegaBall game on the ESPN 8 the OCHO for the wooden spoon. (check it out, it’s actually a thing)
    HaHa! First levity kudo... 'we could have an OmegaBall game on the ESPN 8 the OCHO for the wooden spoon'.
    Which way is the wind blowing? Kansas City it is.

Vancouver @ Colorado
    – 9:30pm – TSN – Since Can champ final they have only won 2 games, one of those was against Colorado though. Cavalini isn’t helping their cause either, and looks like he is out for 4 games for stepping on Muyl’s face. What a donkey move that was…Muyl, donkey, jackahh..nevermind.
    HeeHee! Second levity kudo... '...Muyl’s face. What a donkey move that was…Muyl, donkey, jackahh...'.
    Another toss up. Colorado cause their dumpster is not burning as fire hot.

D.C. @ RSL
    – 9:30pm – Not much to say here, D.C are just terrible this year. It’s possible Benteke will help them out but not enough time in the season. RSL fighting to stay above that playoff line so they should be coming out strong.
    RSL should dominate. The upset match. A DC win.

Minnesota @ Portland
    – 10pm – Should be a decent game given right now they are both just above the playoff line.
    Portland gonna battle hard for the win. The slugefest. Portland. Maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OmegaBall...
    The educational post of the day...

I would enjoy this being part of the MLS All-Star Game Events.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal with a crowd pleasing comeback

(Caldwell calling a kick out "not a red for me" is just damn embarrassing)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I was watching that too and I couldn't believe he said it wasn't a red. He kicked the inside of his knee and could have been a lot worse than it ended up

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beginning to think maybe our PK scoring problems started with Vanney....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to see Chiellini getting caught standing around with his pants around his ankles ?

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”