Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    he is a farse...i cant wait for the overpayments for blessing and johnson in the off season,like they did for kaye.
    And the worst part of it is, BB I think still has 4 years to go on his contract. No wonder he makes the bizzare decisions he does. Sticks to his stubborn ways as has no fear. He’ll either stay or get a nice payout if he goes.

I shudder at the thought Manning and BB making any more decisions here.

Westburgh-take a bow, some of those saves were amazing. The one late when the entire d stood there and let Almeyda? hit a shit to the corner and he made the save was sweet. I think the guy even high fived him after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hindsight is 20/20, but the decision to gut the majority of the squad in January and go into the season relying on 4 to 5 academy players to start each game was an abject failure. It ranks up there with some of the stupidest decisions in club history. And this for a club with a history of stupid decisions.

The irony here is I hope they keep Bob Bradley. Why? Because if he were replaced I have no confidence that someone capable would be hired. More likely it would be the next Chris Armas. So I would rather keep Bob and hope the next transfer window turns out better than the last two.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't turn around what Curtis did to this team in 2 windows. Expecting anyone else to do that is...why I mute people on social media.

On another note, I think something serious is going on with Insigne. For Westberg to flash the 24 after his PK save is unusual.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m really trying to trust the process here, but results like tonight make that tough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you are right Og, but that January window was badly executed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    armas was brutal,how much better is bradley.if not for the new dps we may only have 4 - 5 wins this season,armas won a round in the ccl with no dps,and may have won 4 or 5 games with this roster
    You know TFC have officially hit rock bottom once people start looking back at the Armas Era with fondness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You can't turn around what Curtis did to this team in 2 windows. Expecting anyone else to do that is...why I mute people on social media.

On another note, I think something serious is going on with Insigne. For Westberg to flash the 24 after his PK save is unusual.
    A repeat of the Defoe scenario?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted that.

Way to visceral.

Apologies

Tested Positive for Covid today.
    Brain not all here. Reactions unsteady.
    Not doing to bad all things considered. A slightly worse than normal cold.

TFC

I still think 2023 is the season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted that.

Way to visceral.

Apologies

TFC

Hope you get completely better. I've been suspecting Osorio is suffering from long covid, hopefully you won't and will be fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted that.

Way to visceral.

Apologies

TFC

Take care. Hope you are better soon. If I can help, please ask.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Except here's the thing, other than Vanney what other TFC coach has been better than Bob?

Let's face facts, TFC has been a dysfunctional club during most of its existence, other than during the Lieweke period. It looks like the dysfunction is back.
    I think Perez is better than BB as a coach. He did more with what he had to work with. BB, gutted the team and threw away the season for no reason ther then to run his system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A repeat of the Defoe scenario?
    No. There's a family emergency. The club hasn't said what it's about, but Westburg was just showing him support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted that.

Way to visceral.

Apologies

TFC

Get well soon, hope you have a very mild case.

A number of people have tested positive in my workplace recently, case duration has only been 5 days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deleted that.

Way to visceral.

Apologies

TFC

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hindsight is 20/20, but the decision to gut the majority of the squad in January and go into the season relying on 4 to 5 academy players to start each game was an abject failure. It ranks up there with some of the stupidest decisions in club history. And this for a club with a history of stupid decisions.

The irony here is I hope they keep Bob Bradley. Why? Because if he were replaced I have no confidence that someone capable would be hired. More likely it would be the next Chris Armas. So I would rather keep Bob and hope the next transfer window turns out better than the last two.
    I agree but I think if Bob goes Manning is going with him. Because this would be round 2 of “fixing it” for Bill and I doubt the board would give him any more rope. You might hold out hope for a decent manager after that.

Last night had a real Chris Armas / Aaron Winter “things are off the rails” feel to it. Two transfer windows in I expect a bit more stability. Maybe it amounts to no more points on the board but the team should be competitive most weekends. Right now two marquee signings are papering over massive cracks.

Majority of these kids couldn’t even stand out in MLS NP, what are they doing on the first team roster playing 60+ minutes a game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When your best player of the match is the keeper in a 4-2 loss that says something. Should have been a red card on the Atlanta player that hacked down Crisisto with his studs. Where was VAR on that play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bringing in the 3 Italians was a Manning move, not a BB move. In fact the only starting quality player brought into the club in the July window was MAK. The recent July window was a wasted opportunity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bringing in the 3 Italians was a Manning move, not a BB move. In fact the only starting quality player brought into the club in the July window was MAK. The recent July window was a wasted opportunity.
    I am really struggling to understand what Mak does that is so good that this was considered a big move getting him here...seems like he doesn't do anything out there. Brutal give away leading to the first goal off a corner as well.

I wonder also if we do any set piece defending in training. Constantly giving up goals off corners and free kicks with guys getting free headers left, right and centre. That has to be on BB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone recall a situation where any club anywhere in the world opted to start a season with 4 to 5 academy players as starters each game and have success? This was an inherently risky strategy.

The two take aways for me from this season are:
    1. Our academy is broken.
    2. Our scouting is useless
    TFC is not a proper football club.

And yet, I will continue to watch and support. They may be bums, but they our bums.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 09-11-2022 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can anyone recall a situation where any club anywhere in the world opted to start a season with 4 to 5 academy players as starters each game and have success? This was an inherently risky strategy.

And yet, I will continue to watch and support. They may be bums, but they our bums.

No, and to make matters worse, he got rid of experienced defenders in Morrow and Auro and in their place, didn't even put kids who were defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    I am really struggling to understand what Mak does that is so good that this was considered a big move getting him here...seems like he doesn't do anything out there. Brutal give away leading to the first goal off a corner as well.

I wonder also if we do any set piece defending in training. Constantly giving up goals off corners and free kicks with guys getting free headers left, right and centre. That has to be on BB.
    He was out a month so I am willing to cut him some slack. I don't blame BB for the set piece goals. It's on the players out there. You can't turn kraft dinner into a fine dining experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was out a month so I am willing to cut him some slack. I don't blame BB for the set piece goals. It's on the players out there. You can't turn kraft dinner into a fine dining experience.
    One of those players getting continually beat on headers is his own son. Twice last night.

But yeah, its one on one battles and you have to win them. We continualy lose them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t exactly take a genius to bring in those three guys either. The only talent was asking someone to open up their chequebook

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would add that Manning rules over an organization steeped in mediocrity, but imbibed with a false sense of exceptionalism. I get the feeling that MLSE already suffers from this but that Manning uses it as a shield for his own career, continually convincing those around him that his pile of shit is a mountain of gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This season was a right off when like a few have said they went into the season with no replacements for the players they let go. I’m all for giving the kids a chance but you don’t play all these kids at the same time . They they really think that the Italians would come here and make up enough points to turn the season around? All they did was bring in 3 players and expect to turn a broken team into a contender overnight. A losing mentality and culture was already set in this team when the Italians came and expecting a big turnaround overnight was crazy thinking. Moreover, this team a no center backs and a keeper that has been bad all season . This team is severely broken and whoever thought it was a good idea to go with a bunch of inexperienced kids for basically half the season should be fired on the spot ! I know this is the MLS where teams can go from a really bad season to a very successful season pretty quick , but this is not going to be that easy to turn around there are just so many pieces missing on this team right now on top of a culture of losing that has set in the past two seasons .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The July transfer window was a real head scratcher. This is the window when it's easiest to bring in players from Europe. Manning brought in Berna, a dp signing, however instead of bringing in other players from Europe BB trades within MLS for MAK. Wouldn't it have made more sense to focus on Europeans in July and MLS players in the next January window? Instead TFC does the opposite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shot stats from last night pretty much sum up the performance. Atlanta had 10 shots on target vs. 2 for TFC, including one on a penalty. This just underscores how much of their offense relies on Insigne, not just for goals but also for creating both opportunities and space for others. Some have argued that Berna has played better to date but he was essentially invisible last night without Insigne, who is more of a difference maker. Anyone wondering why Insigne doesn't seem to trust any of his teammates, other than Berna, just needs to watch last night's game.

I think it will take longer than 3 transfer windows to fix this mess. Other than the 3 Italians, I don't think the team is any better than it was at the end of 2021.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 09-11-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The July transfer window was a real head scratcher. This is the window when it's easiest to bring in players from Europe. Manning brought in Berna, a dp signing, however instead of bringing in other players from Europe BB trades within MLS for MAK. Wouldn't it have made more sense to focus on Europeans in July and MLS players in the next January window? Instead TFC does the opposite.
    My cynical side says LAFC moved him against Bob's wishes, and that the GM there has a better handling of players than Bob, which is maybe where the rift came in.

Now Bob's decided to prove LAFC wrong by snagging back Kaye over all others. Manning probably asked him what domestic player he really wants, tell me and I'll go get him... and he wanted MAK.

Lots of managers have blind spots. Perhaps Bob's is personnel.

Tactically, the second half last night featured the exact formation I discussed last week, the one that could have accommodated Pozuelo: two outside forwards and a false nine, with JJ and Akinola just ahead of Bernie.

So he can tactically adapt, when he chooses.

Maybe he's just really stubborn and when players waiver, he doesn't see it, because doing so would make him insecure about his performance.

He seems in both Bono and MAK to value players who have high top ends but inconsistent performances, as if he believes he can turn them into the fuller player they were supposed to be.

But sometimes players just don't have consistently good judgment or the focus to always display playoff-level work ethic. I'm not sure how much one coach, rather than a team, improves that.

And if we do have a broadly focussed team in terms of improving movement, technique, fitness, mentality, etc I'm not sure they're the right people, as we don't seem to have gotten any better.

My bigger fear is that he and Michael both are driven but also can have unctuous, unyielding personalities, and we just have a sour locker room. MB has been captain too long and plays 90 mins too often. Even if he were performing optimally for a 34-year-old, he's never struck me as the type of leader players believe and trust, but rather one who they see as determined to win.

It's a different skill set, being a captain long term. If they have no dressing room leader because they think Michael just tells his father everything, and he isn't making up for that with motivation, support and leadership, it doesn't matter who we bring in.

Even if BB comes good, the dynamic of an all-powerful manager and the team captain being his 34-year-old son doesn't sound good for the dressing room. It didn't sound good two months ago, and the fact that we look less cohesive now than earlier in the season suggests this is a personality divide.

I think those shirtless celebration photos after the Italians arrived was BB's way of trying to promote togetherness, feed off the success. But it's not enough.

On top of whether the captain is actually a positive, you can bet the younger players have their own clique as well, as the roster is so divided by age.

It's a bad overall balance, possibly, and it's taking the joy out of it, making them focus on their mistakes and pressures.

(I will also note we are along with NYFC one of only two clubs with a single team captain. Most teams have at least two, several three or four.)
    Last edited by jloome; 09-11-2022 at 12:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the last run of form proves to me is that this season was never a write off and only was because - as I’ve said a million times - they do not know to find and sign talent.

The last 10 games make Manning and BB look worse than the first 10, in my opinion. Both on the hot seat from the start next season if no results. I would sack BB if we walk into pre-season without a legit backline and keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    All the last run of form proves to me is that this season was never a write off and only was because - as I’ve said a million times - they do not know to find and sign talent.

The last 10 games make Manning and BB look worse than the first 10, in my opinion. Both on the hot seat from the start next season if no results. I would sack BB if we walk into pre-season without a legit backline and keeper.
    Fully agreed. I had enough of the give them more "windows". We better have the team in place and come flying out of the gates winning.