RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other Midweek MLS games – Aug 31

Well another weekend of games fly by and with the exception of the late goal in the Orlando game, I think most of the games went our way. I won’t give up hope on the playoffs until we are statistically eliminated so..here are the games to watch out for on Wednesday:

Wednesday, August 31:
    Atlanta @ Philadelphia – 7pm – Hopefully Philly can get it done here, they are hot on the tail for the supporter’s shield race and this win would tie them with LAFC

Miami @ Columbus
    – 7:30pm – No Poz after his black belt martial art skills took over on the weekend. Do they still have the football skills to move the ball up to Higuaín to get it done? A tie might do us best here?

Red Bulls @ Montreal
    – 7:30pm – Montreal went down a man before halftime and still didn’t concede on the weekend while away from home. Are they trying to make a case for themselves?

Chicago @ New England
    – 7:30pm – Neither team have won their last 3 games. I didn’t catch the Revs last game but heard they had control and by the stats they had 19 shots, 63% possession and 86% pass accuracy. See if that translates to this game or if Chicago can beat them down a bit more.

Seattle @ Orlando
    – 7:30pm – Are Seattle just going to gracefully bow out or will they show some fight left in them. Orlando has won the last 3 and two of them with 89’ and 90+6’ winners. Capitalizing on teams snoozing before the last whistle

D.C. @ NYCFC
    – 8pm – NY haven’t been as consistent since they lost Tatty. They really should win this game but who knows what to expect. My guess is they make it into playoffs and bow out in the first round though.

LAFC @ Houston
    – 8:30pm – LAFC got it handed to them on Friday by Austin and prior to that it was San Jose that beat them. Austin and Philly are hot on their tails for this supporter’s shield. It is theirs to lose with the signings they made in the last window.

Colorado @ Nashville
    – 8:30pm – Nashville have scored 11 goals in their last 4 games, prior to that it took 8 games to get 11 goals. Mukhtar wants that golden boot and was pulled off early in the Vancouver game to probably rest him for this one.

Portland @ Austin
    – 9pm – Austin should probably win this as they are in very good form. I’m sure Portland will give them a good go as they are on the cusp of getting into playoffs.

Minnesota @ RSL
    – 9:30pm – Don’t really care about this game but I feel Minnesota have been quietly going about their business and sitting in 3rd.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just something to keep an eye on tonight, Montreal have two players on yellow card accumulation. One more and they will be suspended.

• Ismaël Koné (MTL)
    • Djordje Mihailovic (MTL)

Correction they only have one player now, since Koné got a red card in the last game and is suspended for tonight's game.

p.s. Oso is still on yellow card accumulation for us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYRB's press has a real potential tonight to play havoc with the Impact's out of the back approach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dorsey has been having a great game against LAFC and he just got a goal
    And he drew the hand ball for their pk in the first half
    Last edited by 613reppingTFC; 08-31-2022 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaff scores his second for Nashville.