Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time to focus on some other priorities.

Try out the TFC2 GK. Let's see what he has got.

More minutes for Okello.

A bunch of CMNT stuff: Oso and MAK mgmt/rehab handed over 100% to Herdman. Henry in for MacNaughton. (Time to do some business for Herdman, so that you have some chips to play next year when negotiating callups etc with CMNT).
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

More minutes for Okello.

A bunch of CMNT stuff: Oso and MAK mgmt/rehab handed over 100% to Herdman. Henry in for MacNaughton. (Time to do some business for Herdman, so that you have some chips to play next year when negotiating callups etc with CMNT).
    Take a miracle to make it now. Cincy has the inside lane, as they have two games in hand and such luminaries as Charlotte and Chicago ahead of them.

If they go 3-4 and we win out, we might pip them on goal difference.

We have Montreal and Philly in our last five, eek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    no he wasn’t. I’m exactly not sure what I think of
    him. But one thing is for sure he is definitely not
    il magnifico
    he should definitely not be called to as Il magnifico
    I thought he had a good second half. He brought some energy and possibility which we sorely needed. I think he’ll be better overall next season. And I look forward to him playing with better players… Kosi Thompson, Nelson, Okello and Achara… not that one or two of them don’t show promise but I think winning in MLS needs more these days and you shouldn’t spend 15 million per year on a player to play him in a too close to division 3 midfield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

More minutes for Okello.

Really seems Bradley doesn’t rate Henry. I think we could use him, O’Neil has been pretty underwhelming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Really seems Bradley doesn’t rate Henry. I think we could use him, O’Neil has been pretty underwhelming.
    He would feast on exceptional corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    He would feast on exceptional corners.
    I could also see him stepping up properly on that Puig goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doniel Henry is good for at least one big mistake every game. Has been his whole career. It’s basically putting a second Alex Bono on the field. We are not going to fix him or prepare him in the few games we have left.

I know everyone thinks Herman is a loyal guy and every one consistently called is going to be rewarded with a WC spot. But I would be shocked if he wasn’t a bit more pragmatic and considering club form when rounding out the roster.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 09-01-2022 at 07:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just watched highlights .. at the time I tipped my hat to a great free kick, but looking back at it Bono has to do better. Thats closer to the middle of the net than it is the corner ... how many points has he cost us ... infuriating really

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Doniel Henry is good for at least one big mistake every game. Has been his whole career. It’s basically putting a second Alex Bono on the field. We are not going to fix him or prepare him in the few games we have left.

I know everyone thinks Herman is a loyal guy and every one consistently called is going to be rewarded with a WC spot. But I would be shocked if he wasn’t a bit more pragmatic and considering club form when rounding out the roster.
    He is not perfect. I know he is a polarizing figure. I damn near had an aneurism during the Iceteca, until Doneil came out….

BUT

His resume is no small thing. He started and played in several important games in the qualifying run, and generally did really well. He went 90 for sure in the draw in Nashville and was really good in that game. He also went 90 in at least one of the El Salvador or Honduras away games.

To me, he is going to Qatar regardless, and I doubt Herdman is spending any time thinking about it. Other than the fact that Doneil is going to pick up yellows so he will need cover for him. But with 26 man rosters, this is OK, I could argue it's even strategic to include guys who are prone to cards.

If Bob is smart, he does the right thing, both for now and for 2023, and starts playing him now, at least 50% of available minutes anyway.

(Both he and Cavs suffer from a taint relating to being bruisers that I personally find weird. These types of players can be effective. I personally think Henry is going to start against Belgium, solely because of his physicality, and the Lukaku problem…)
    Last edited by ensco; 09-01-2022 at 07:50 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Take a miracle to make it now. Cincy has the inside lane, as they have two games in hand and such luminaries as Charlotte and Chicago ahead of them.

If they go 3-4 and we win out, we might pip them on goal difference.

We have Montreal and Philly in our last five, eek.
    It does look like it is there for Cindy to take but none of the teams in this race have so far seized their opening so there is always a chance. 2 points back with 5 to play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    I thought he had a good second half. He brought some energy and possibility which we sorely needed. I think he’ll be better overall next season. And I look forward to him playing with better players… Kosi Thompson, Nelson, Okello and Achara… not that one or two of them don’t show promise but I think winning in MLS needs more these days and you shouldn’t spend 15 million per year on a player to play him in a too close to division 3 midfield.
    I thought about that. Playing with Nelson, Kosi amd Ayo could have really effected his game last night

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Ayo needs to take a seat on the bench right behind Peruzza for a while. Let's have a little JJ and then a Peruzza run out for bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think Ayo needs to take a seat on the bench right behind Peruzza for a while. Let's have a little JJ and then a Peruzza run out for bit.
    Given how well he did with TFC II I’m surprised Peruzza hasn’t shown more or been given more time. He’s only had a handful of opportunities and he scored on one of them.

Meanwhile, Ayo’s mobility seemed improved in that game but his press was non-existent. Improved immensely once JJ and Achara came on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

He’s been very good for the Nats. Looks like a mature and motivated player these days.

As for one mistake per match I’m not sure we have anything else. Mavinga often makes up for his mistake with speed.