Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I dunno, it could be as little as some complacency because they sure came out a different team in the second half.
    Like, night and day.

honestly- im trying to recall how many goals came from the flow of play.

aside from laryea's to bernie and oso's.

All goals basically were italian's wonderstrikes and some really nice passing by bernie.

is this chemistry between the italians or is BOB implementing these approaches?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the problem with our sportscasting is the media staff are not sports knowledgeable or even curious/inquisitive about other sports. They only know about hockey and maybe North American football. Athletics is another area criminally underreported in our mainstream sports.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    honestly- im trying to recall how many goals came from the flow of play.

aside from laryea's to bernie and oso's.

All goals basically were italian's wonderstrikes and some really nice passing by bernie.

is this chemistry between the italians or is BOB implementing these approaches?
    Agreed, it feels a tad clunky at times.

Every time Bernardeschi gets the ball on the right side I keep thinking to myself “well this looks awkward”. The guy is twisting himself into pretzels trying to get to the areas where he’s the most effective. We should be making his life easier rather than being lined up in a 1v2 situation close to the touch line. You’d think we’d move him him towards the inside channel on occasion just to get closer to a shooting position and leave more room for Laryea to overlap.

Of course he’s been effective but I would call that primary a function of his own industry rather than our tactics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Every time Bernardeschi gets the ball on the right side I keep thinking to myself “well this looks awkward”. The guy is twisting himself into pretzels trying to get to the areas where he’s the most effective. We should be making his life easier rather than being lined up in a 1v2 situation close to the touch line. You’d think we’d move him him towards the inside channel on occasion just to get closer to a shooting position and leave more room for Laryea to overlap.

Of course he’s been effective but I would call that primary a function of his own industry rather than our tactics.
    Having somebody effective going forward from midfield would help but we haven't had that consistently since LI & FB arrrived.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

On the upside, he adapted this time. He moved Insigne inside as a mid. I imagine he leaves Bernie wide because he wants at least one side where the defenders have to move out of the low block to cover an attacker.

I suspect any time we’re not getting love in the m idle from the midfielders and strikers, he’ll pull LI off the wing now and have him run the ship in terms of distribution. Certainly any time Oso isn’t there.