Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Achara is way too happy high fiving inter players for a guy that hasnst done anything since in 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel like that goal against just destroyed the team's morale. Even the goal by Insigne didn't revive it. Back of my mind was always does it matter what we do if we can't trust that a ball won't go in and destroy any progress we make.

Doesn't help that we have no depth and subs can't be trusted to come in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It needs to be said without any sugar coating. Bono is fucking trash.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That officiating was disgraceful. Somebody take that idiot and walk him off the end of the pier after the game.

Goals are still hard to come by in any league. When you give them away as cheaply as Bono did tonight it’s very tough to win.

I would bench him next game no matter who comes in. Those sorts of lapses in concentration can’t be tolerated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like we need to shoot the ball more here in order to get it back instead of these long contras, where the offensive box is congested for our designated players, I think the refs need to be able to get on our side sometimes but not that you can question sportsmanship as a whole. Thats why when, we still have time left in the season, you can argue how fresh or not fresh the season is, that if you questioned it alot you can say that the standings would say we still can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please give us a 45 year old of Buffon next year, I don't care, just make it happen.

We need a veteran keeper ASAP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could tell the players were tired tonight, however they still outplayed Miami. Once again hurt by lack of depth and poor goal keeping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Feel like that goal against just destroyed the team's morale. Even the goal by Insigne didn't revive it. Back of my mind was always does it matter what we do if we can't trust that a ball won't go in and destroy any progress we make
    That was the season, its over. Like they can sneak into 7th place but then you have to win all away games! A team that won 1 away game all season is going to win 4 in a row?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono’s gotta be throwing these games
    Nobody can be that bad

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    That was the season, its over. Like they can sneak into 7th place but then you have to win all away games! A team that won 1 away game all season is going to win 4 in a row?
    Not with Bono in goal.

Just enjoy it for what it is; a prelude to 2023.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Bono’s gotta be throwing these games
    Nobody can be that bad
    Conway maybe. His mentor.

Those two OUT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ref was pretty good ...until he lost the plot with the whole counting to 5 no more thing which he then went on to completely ignore.

BUT...we didn't lose that game because of the ref.

Bono killed all momentum. We got it back with a wonder goal. Then we gave it up because we couldn't handle a secondary ball training ground routine. On a warm humid night with 3 games in 7 days...we ran out of gas.

We need 2 starting CB's & a keeper. I like McNaughton & Mavinga but we need a defensive general CB. We will need to replace Richie in a year so there better be a plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought we played well, 3rd match in a week in the heat and humidity far from home. But we still haven’t seen our best 11, have zero depth and our keeper gives away one to two goals per match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Conway maybe. His mentor.

Those two OUT.
    You can’t prove he’s not throwing these games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That officiating was disgraceful. Somebody take that idiot and walk him off the end of the pier after the game.

Goals are still hard to come by in any league. When you give them away as cheaply as Bono did tonight it’s very tough to win.

I would bench him next game no matter who comes in. Those sorts of lapses in concentration can’t be tolerated
    I believe he's out of contract so why continue to prop him up? Has no trade value, if he can regain his confidence than congrats you have a mediocre MLS GK back! Inter Miami doesnt coddle their GKers, they played their 3rd because the other 2 didn't get it done. Can't wait to see the end of the Bono era. More bad moments than good. He hasn't made more blunders than hero moments in games that matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Ref was pretty good ...until he lost the plot with the whole counting to 5 no more thing which he then went on to completely ignore.

BUT...we didn't lose that game because of the ref.

Bono killed all momentum. We got it back with a wonder goal. Then we gave it up because we couldn't handle a secondary ball training ground routine. On a warm humid night with 3 games in 7 days...we ran out of gas.

We need 2 starting CB's & a keeper. I like McNaughton & Mavinga but we need a defensive general CB. We will need to replace Richie in a year so there better be a plan.
    Don’t think our CB’s are the problem. We need a good keeper who can offer good direction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the 2nd goal, how was Poz allowed to just wait all alone for the pass before he makes his cross
    ? A quality player just left alone outside the 18 yard box. Baffles me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish one of the reporters asks Bob in the post game conference if a new goalkeeper is the team's number one priority in the off season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    On the 2nd goal, how was Poz allowed to just wait all alone for the pass before he makes his cross
    ? A quality player just left alone outside the 18 yard box. Baffles me.
    A defensive general goes into every FK situation saying "hey, watch him, wherever he goes" - I actually see Oso do this more often then our CB's & Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Don’t think our CB’s are the problem. We need a good keeper who can offer good direction.
    I think a “leader” would definitely add something back there. I’m not sure either Macnaughton or Mavinga need to be replaced but they’d both be helped by having a stabilizing presence as a partner.

But wouldn’t change the fact Bono has to go. Every game we play the opposing keeper seems to be better and more well rounded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t get why JJ didn’t travel. I get he looks out of sorts but after the Revs result this was must win. even gassed he is a better option than Achaea and we have a week before the next game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I don’t get why JJ didn’t travel. I get he looks out of sorts but after the Revs result this was must win. even gassed he is a better option than Achaea and we have a week before the next game.

It was said on the broadcast BB gave JJ time off because he was tired & needed some days off. Make of that what you will but I'm not going to question a mental health break for one game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I wish one of the reporters asks Bob in the post game conference if a new goalkeeper is the team's number one priority in the off season.
    It 100% has to be and I think they know.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    It 100% has to be and I think they know.
    Journos don't ask questions like that of coaches as there isn't going to be an answer.

I'm not certain the TFC covering journos outside of Kilbane believed gk was an issue until tonight's repeat of Wednesday's mistakes.

I'm with you though, I think the braintrust knew gk was an issue that was going to affect this season. I HOPE they already have a plan in place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Guy probably legit needed a mental and physical break. He joined us while mid season from his Polish team. Hasn't had a break in over a year. CAn you imagine not getting 1 week let alone a weekend off from your job for over a year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Guy probably legit needed a mental and physical break. He joined us while mid season from his Polish team. Hasn't had a break in over a year. CAn you imagine not getting 1 week let alone a weekend off from your job for over a year?
    I know we are still in contention but at this point it might be a good idea to rest him for the remainder of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was said on the broadcast BB gave JJ time off because he was tired & needed some days off. Make of that what you will but I'm not going to question a mental health break for one game.
    Was it JJ asking for a break? Didn’t catch that mention in the broadcast

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this says it all, four contact plays in their box … one atrocious and not even one is reviewed. And yet all we are talking about is how our keeper stinks. Pro is pathetic but keeper was worse. We just threw away 5 points in 2 games.

other than that, last two games were entertaining. Richie will be very hard to replace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Never from those mlse shills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Journos don't ask questions like that of coaches as there isn't going to be an answer.

I'm not certain the TFC covering journos outside of Kilbane believed gk was an issue until tonight's repeat of Wednesday's mistakes.

I'm with you though, I think the braintrust knew gk was an issue that was going to affect this season. I HOPE they already have a plan in place.
    Since presumably Bono and Westberg will not be back couldn't they have signed a keeper from Europe in this last transfer window? I don't think it would be that hard to find someone better than Bono. Lots of decent keepers in Eastern Europe who are not on big contracts.