Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex Bono is a triple threat out there.

Poor hands
    Bad eyesight
    Awful distribution

I missed the game but saw the replays. Did our media even ask Bob about that first goal? Bono has always been free of criticism from the press for some reason.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yes but the coach has masterfully changed the culture of the team , do you not see all the benefits?
    You obviously haven't been watching his interviews but decided to get in a cheap shot anyway. He never claimed that the team is good or anywhere near complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post

Yup, that talking non stop talking point about "culture" as we continue to lose points. We have the highest payroll in the league and now in 2 must win games got a single measely point. And that's the playoffs done now.
    Your grinning face icon shows that you want Toronto to lose just so you can attack BB. No true supporter of the team would want that. I guess you get a kick out of that.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-21-2022 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You obviously haven't been watching his interviews but decided to get in a cheap shot anyway. He never claimed that the team is good or anywhere near complete.
    Exactly right. This week he actually said we're on our way to being a good team. He knows we're not there yet and that it's a process. BB is a smart guy and he is doing things the right way and in stages. The only complaint I have now is the use of Bono but I don't get to see what Ranjitsingh does in training.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Alex Bono is a triple threat out there.

Poor hands
    Bad eyesight
    Awful distribution

I missed the game but saw the replays. Did our media even ask Bob about that first goal? Bono has always been free of criticism from the press for some reason.
    He likely told them before starting that he wouldn't entertain questions on Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He likely told them before starting that he wouldn't entertain questions on Bono.
    Really? Then what's the point of even having a post game press conference if difficult questions are not allowed. Isn't that the media's job? If this were the EPL and a keeper let in that type of goal that's all the press would be talking about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Really? Then what's the point of even having a post game press conference if difficult questions are not allowed. Isn't that the media's job? If this were the EPL and a keeper let in that type of goal that's all the press would be talking about
    Yeah... the sports media in this country has been terrified of losing access for a long time.
    Often they're also aware that In dispute, modern media owners might side with the club over their own staff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Around the 75th minute or so you could see that a large majority of our team looked so gassed like they were at the end of an extra time 120 min game. Not much hope coming back when the last 15 was going to be coasting for the most part. I would be shocked at this point if we get even a sniff of playoffs. Not with dropped points like the last two games where we could have had something. Too bad we are not seeing MAK as much as we wanted but best he gets fully fit with no risks of being injured long term for TFC or for Canada. Not sure if Ayo has no idea how to play in the formation we have, kinda like JJ, or what. We get more dangerous chances coming from our midfield, even from MB4, than we do from our strikers. Just doesn't seem right with the supporting cast we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Around the 75th minute or so you could see that a large majority of our team looked so gassed like they were at the end of an extra time 120 min game. Not much hope coming back when the last 15 was going to be coasting for the most part. I would be shocked at this point if we get even a sniff of playoffs. Not with dropped points like the last two games where we could have had something. Too bad we are not seeing MAK as much as we wanted but best he gets fully fit with no risks of being injured long term for TFC or for Canada. Not sure if Ayo has no idea how to play in the formation we have, kinda like JJ, or what. We get more dangerous chances coming from our midfield, even from MB4, than we do from our strikers. Just doesn't seem right with the supporting cast we have.
    Which kind of brings it full circle to say is our formation the right one? I might suppose with LI and Berna on each side it is. But… something about our management style is going to have to change in the next year.

Feels like we are too idealistic. Playing the kids and avoiding cheap MLS vets. Sticking to the same formation all the time. Full twelve months of this team as currently configured feels like an invitation to an early playoff exit.

Not what we’d be happy with, I’d say

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Which kind of brings it full circle to say is our formation the right one? I might suppose with LI and Berna on each side it is. But… something about our management style is going to have to change in the next year.

Feels like we are too idealistic. Playing the kids and avoiding cheap MLS vets. Sticking to the same formation all the time. Full twelve months of this team as currently configured feels like an invitation to an early playoff exit.

I think the formation is fine and it does work but our roster isn't complete yet.

To be realistic this rebuild needs to be seen as a process. Neither Bradley or Manning said it would be finished this season and BB especially has been hesitant to even say we're good as this point. Step one was obviously see where we were and what we could get youth wise to fill out the roster internally. Looks like Nelsen and maybe Petrasso are good enough there. Next phase was to access our forward options with the DPs added. Everyone pretty much thought JJ would have a hey day with LI, FB, DC, & RL working out wide and that hasn't panned out yet. Ayo is getting his shake and also coming up with nothing. No idea why no Peruzza but it's not like he is the answer either.

Overall I think this latter half of the season is still like BB doing trials for 2023. I think JJ, Ayo, & Kerr seem to be the ones getting the looks but at this point I'm not sure any of them are worth keeping around in 2023.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

The formation thing genuinely bothers me.

He’s had all year to move pieces around, and at no time during the “make Poz work” period did they seem to consider switching to the same basic 4-2-3-1 narrow, pressing formation that half the teams in Europe seem to use now. Or a 3-4-1-2 in the same vein.

Both would only change how we build up, as LI and Bernie are inverted wingers and would wind up at the top corner of the penalty box in any case.

But we have no true anchor. I sort of feel like using a three-man central midfield has less to do with pragmatism and more to do with giving Michael defensive support. We could’ve easily played with a central two, ala our long winning run in 2020, and a hole player, or a central four with wingback and a hole player behind two strikers.

Instead, we got one system, which tactically just seems to be “advance into space with short passing and support triangles.”

There doesn’t seem to be, once we’re jammed up in the attacking end, any real ability to breakdown a defense. It’s like he’s trying to get them to all learn each other’s tendencies rather than teaching any actual prescribed, disciplined tactical movement.

Our players’ tactical responsibilities seem nebulous, down to “cover whatever zone you’re in at the sam time.” They’ve obviously been coached to handle certain scenarios, as bottling us up on the left side now leads to switches of field occasionally. And they’ve been taught to always build from passing in the back if possible …. even though it seems to backfire on every team that ALWAYS does it at some point during a year.

I guess my overall feeling is that his resume and accomplishments are based on motivation and personnel choices more than on building a tactically nuanced or flexible team. I think I see why he struggled so badly in England, where sticking to a system — based on pace of play and quality of read — is absolutely essential..

Jesse Marsch, who is one of Bob’s protégés from his Chicago team, plays a straight gegenpress low block at Leeds. Anyone who watched Aaronson lead them over Chelsea on the weekend can see why it’s working: ruthlessly high pressing, with even the strikers just steps from their cover man at all times. Then, capitalize on mistakes.

But if one guy doesn’t follow his responsibilities it falls apart.

Watch our buildup and it becomes clear Bob is trying to get us to play in much the same way. Hold possession offensively, regain it ruthlessly when you lose it. But we’re NOWHERE NEAR where we need to be to make that successful. The only teams doing it really well in MLS are New York and Philly.

So I am not convinced.

You can be the most confident man in the world and that alone will lead to a lot of success because it allows for perseverance, the self-belief in eventual success. But eventually, the end product has to match the expectations.

I didn’t see that this year, even in the last month. I saw a couple of guys with more technical ability using it to score some great solo goals. And I saw Richie and Oso hooking up on field because they know each other’s tendencies.

But outside of Charlotte, a game in which the visiting team bunkered and got slaughtered as a result, we haven’t looked super fluid, or on the same page, in any of these games.

We have a lot more talent on the field. We shouldn’t be losing to Miami, even in heat. We shouldn’t be drawing New England twice, a team Montreal thumped 4-0 the other night, when most of New England’s skill players are out and they’re in mid-season rebuild.

I know we’re undefeated in five before that. I think any team in this league that added Bernadeschi and Insigne mid-season would have a similar run. I’m not sure any of that is tactical cohesion or coaching.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m with you Jloome. And by no means am I going “knives out” for Bob. But I am struggling to see what the value add is so far.

Jayden Nelson is improving? I struggle to think of much else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah that's where I'm at. I still want to give BB plenty of time, simply down to his pedigree vs the pedigree of any possible replacement

But so far, the decision making to me has been off, and we're being bailed out by the fact that we're able to spend money that nobody else in MLS can.

Next season is the one to judge him on, though. For right or wrong, we pretty much wrote this season off, and next season we'll have another off season, rested Italians and a DP slot that will probably command a salary. If we're not one of the absolute top contenders for the cup and one of the best teams in the league then we can start looking at this experiment as a failure, so I'm holding judgement until then but so far have yet to be impressed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    But outside of Charlotte, a game in which the visiting team bunkered and got slaughtered as a result, we haven’t looked super fluid, or on the same page, in any of these games.

We have a lot more talent on the field. We shouldn’t be losing to Miami, even in heat. We shouldn’t be drawing New England twice, a team Montreal thumped 4-0 the other night, when most of New England’s skill players are out and they’re in mid-season rebuild.

I know we’re undefeated in five before that. I think any team in this league that added Bernadeschi and Insigne mid-season would have a similar run. I’m not sure any of that is tactical cohesion or coaching.
    I agree we haven't looked fluid but we did look more fluid with MAK in midfield. I'm not being harsh on Nelson as I think he is improving but he doesn't get the system like MAK does.

Also I am not sure BB won't switch things up tactically at some point when we have a more complete roster. I still see this all as like a glorified double pre-season so he could be just using this season to drill in his preferred set up. But again, I don't know.

For the loss to Miami and the dropped points to NER, especially the home match, I put a lot of that on Bono rather than the system or outfield players. I think if we had any other starting GK from any other MLS team we stop 3 of those 4 goals against. Maybe the header by Lassiter too as a better GK would have organized the back better and not got caught running sideways and over committing.

I agree with your midfield assessment though. Our current set up seems to be designed to help MB cover up defensive issues. We really do need an anchor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Yeah that's where I'm at. I still want to give BB plenty of time, simply down to his pedigree vs the pedigree of any possible replacement

But so far, the decision making to me has been off, and we're being bailed out by the fact that we're able to spend money that nobody else in MLS can.

Next season is the one to judge him on, though. For right or wrong, we pretty much wrote this season off, and next season we'll have another off season, rested Italians and a DP slot that will probably command a salary. If we're not one of the absolute top contenders for the cup and one of the best teams in the league then we can start looking at this experiment as a failure, so I'm holding judgement until then but so far have yet to be impressed
    I look at the last two months and I see marked improvements across the board. What scares me is how rigid he is tactically and with personnel.

We’ve been without Kaye for ages yet we’re still playing three in the middle and haven’t tried two ever. We chase a game and instead of putting two up top, we do straight swaps.

So many guys jettisoned without a thought because they don’t “fit” and then the guys who’ve come in are pretty obviously the only choice they ever threw up on the board (I.e. Kaye/Laryea/Criscito).

The thing I’ll especially echo is, do we trust them to get a better replacement? I don’t, so I’ll hope and trust that Bob does well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    We’ve been without Kaye for ages yet we’re still playing three in the middle and haven’t tried two ever. We chase a game and instead of putting two up top, we do straight swaps.
    He had Ayo & JJ on together a few times earlier this year and it was awful. They're in each others way and neither is really adding much, zero tracking back, and limited movement from either. If we had some better options I would say for sure we should try two up top when trailing/going for the win at home but not these two.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tend to agree with you Jloome, something looks off and even though we have got these great players I somehow haven't been as excited. Maybe the play isn't quite as fluid as it could be, we show great flashes occasionally. Somehow just can't break down the teams that are bunkering, almost like we are still toothless, is it that JJ and Ayo aren't working out up front? We have more attack power and get way more shots from outside the box which we were all complaining about not too long ago (leading the league with 10 goals from outside the box now).

Maybe it's Bono and playing him seems to just kinda take the wind out of our sails. I will say, he is fully to blame for that first goal, absolutely abysmal that anything like that should happen. It is for sure top 5 when they do the misplays of the month next time. However, as much as Nelson has been getting better and I am more pleased with how he is playing, he is still missing those simple passes and trying to do too much. He was the reason we turned over the ball that lead to the goal. He had a very simple 1-2 with Insigne and he decided to try and take on the opponent and lost the ball and they started a counter before Mavinga put it out for the throw.

Later in the game Bernie had a corner and went short to Nelson on the edge of the box and rather than pass back to him he tried to take on two defenders and split them and again lost it. Simple things like that where he can do the easy play rather than try to do it all himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I tend to agree with you Jloome, something looks off and even though we have got these great players I somehow haven't been as excited. Maybe the play isn't quite as fluid as it could be, we show great flashes occasionally. Somehow just can't break down the teams that are bunkering, almost like we are still toothless, is it that JJ and Ayo aren't working out up front? We have more attack power and get way more shots from outside the box which we were all complaining about not too long ago (leading the league with 10 goals from outside the box now).

Maybe it's Bono and playing him seems to just kinda take the wind out of our sails. I will say, he is fully to blame for that first goal, absolutely abysmal that anything like that should happen. It is for sure top 5 when they do the misplays of the month next time. However, as much as Nelson has been getting better and I am more pleased with how he is playing, he is still missing those simple passes and trying to do too much. He was the reason we turned over the ball that lead to the goal. He had a very simple 1-2 with Insigne and he decided to try and take on the opponent and lost the ball and they started a counter before Mavinga put it out for the throw.

Later in the game Bernie had a corner and went short to Nelson on the edge of the box and rather than pass back to him he tried to take on two defenders and split them and again lost it. Simple things like that where he can do the easy play rather than try to do it all himself.
    It’s early days, the new adds are many and without training camp (ours certainly or at least their prior club) and vital MAK has hardly had a game with the new players. Also, in the case of the Italians there is no MLS experience at all. That said I’m expecting more from the tactical play. It’s been a bit weirdly predicable/boring waiting for moments of individual brilliance to produce a goal. I’m expecting more clear complexity.

I do think we’d be strongly in the playoff race with Westberg as our keeper. Overall, next year will probably tell us more than what’s left of this one.

At least it’s gone from hell to pretty pleasurable being at the stadium again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that’s puzzled me is when, early on, Bradley spoke about how the half season was preparation to play the way we need to play with Insigne when he arrived. But we looked so consistently bad I couldn’t divine what that was. Okay, so bad I couldn’t watch eventually, so no wonder I couldn’t tell.

I didn’t see so very much adaptation to Poz and assumed he’d have to go. Only 2 to 3 guys are in the eleven now who were
    preparing to play Bob’s game with the new arrivals. So not totally sure that preparation was about given that kids playing out of position are unlikely to be able to play any game well. We clearly weren’t playing to win most games.

Next season will tell much, no doubt. This season nothing’s been clear. I do think Bradley has Manning and Co’s totally confidence and he knows he has time to do things completely his way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    It's because everything Hala (and you) post is incessantly negative. We all get that the club has not performed well this year, but it's exhausting to read takes which nearly always are negative towards the club.
    The more posts I read the more I am beginning to think that it is the same person with 2 accounts. They both joined the same time, they both have roughly the same amount of post and the both parrot the others thoughts. I could be wrong but if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    The more posts I read the more I am beginning to think that it is the same person with 2 accounts. They both joined the same time, they both have roughly the same amount of post and the both parrot the others thoughts. I could be wrong but if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck....
    They aren't, admin tools shows two completely independent accounts posting from different (non-VPN) locations. Doesn't preclude collusion though.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This comment is unfair to ducks. There are so many different kinds of ducks and mallards will mate with anything with wings so there are also half breed ducks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    This comment is unfair to ducks. There are so many different kinds of ducks and mallards will mate with anything with wings so there are also half breed ducks
    In light of recent evidence and after some deep personal reflection I would like to offer an official apology to any water fowl I may have offended

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for studying me and Section 223 I guess, am flattered. But no, we are not the same poster. Just two great footballing minds thinking alike so you jumped to the conclusion we are the same. We both call it like it is. The good, bad and the ugly. We don't sugarcoat. We are both pissed that we are about to miss the playoffs for the third year out of 5 despite the resources we have. And want to return to our winning ways. We both spend a tonne of money on tickets going to games and food/drink/parking etc, being the super fans that we are. And we demand excellence. I love reading Section 223's takes on the club no doubt. Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    They aren't, admin tools shows two completely independent accounts posting from different (non-VPN) locations. Doesn't preclude collusion though.
    Thanks for confirming to our followers we are not the same brother. Please check your PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Now why would you mute this contributor? I find him to be one of the more intelligent members in terms of his footy knowledge , he clearly understands this sport. There is no one on this site more then I that believes Insigne will have a very successful 5 years at TFC , but yes he is off to a slowish start, I blame our center forward and the midfielder playing beside Lorenzo usually Jayden Nelson for their clear lack of not understanding the runs and positional play required to keep up to Insignes advanced quick decision making. We will rid ourselves of Jayden when MAK is back and with another DP added in the 9 position things will quickly correct themselves.
    Thanks brother. I always love your posts. You cut through the bs and say it like it is. Your football knowledge is excellent, great minds do think alike. )

Insigne will be amazing here. Best player in the MLS by far. And yes, right now its because the striker and Nelson are beside him and can't play with him at his level. Kaye will help for sure. Now if we get another DP in the midfield or striker, Insigne will really take off. Right now he just gets swarmed as opponents have no fear whatsoever that Nelson/Kerr/JJ/Ako/Acharr will do anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T
    Insigne will be amazing here. Best player in the MLS by far. And yes, right now its because the striker and Nelson are beside him and can't play with him at his level. Kaye will help for sure. Now if we get another DP in the midfield or striker, Insigne will really take off. Right now he just gets swarmed as opponents have no fear whatsoever that Nelson/Kerr/JJ/Ako/Acharr will do anything.
    Great minds thinking that the success of one player is solely based on 1 or 2 players in the XI? Ridiculous and currently & historically without merit.

Take a look around MLS currently and see who is doing great. Cucho doing it alone in Columbus. Ebobisse truly surrounded by trash in SJ and managed by nobody yet he is right up there. Even guys like Mukhtar and Vasquez aren't surrounded by all league type starters yet they're performing great. That's how it is in MLS. The DPs work within the means of MLS budgets. You're not getting XI DP or TAM level players on the field...yet.

From our recent past remember Giovinco playing and often going insane on the likes of Osorio/Chapman/Endoh/Babouli who all played enough in that era but he was successful and didn't need people to point to one or two players underperforming as to why he was short hitting passes or hitting skyballs.

Furthermore historically mid season pick ups generally do not perform well in their first half season. Adjustments to travel, weather, new country, new system & style all point to that and being tired from a slog in their previous league is the main one.

I'm not saying Insigne is shit. Not saying he isn't worth the $$$ but I am saying that blaming his often poor play so far on Nelsen and the CF of the day is not the reason for why he is struggling in certain facets of his game. Saying otherwise is telling me you're a fanboy and not a great mind of the game as you proclaim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Great minds thinking that the success of one player is solely based on 1 or 2 players in the XI? Ridiculous and currently & historically without merit.

Take a look around MLS currently and see who is doing great. Cucho doing it alone in Columbus. Ebobisse truly surrounded by trash in SJ and managed by nobody yet he is right up there. Even guys like Mukhtar and Vasquez aren't surrounded by all league type starters yet they're performing great. That's how it is in MLS. The DPs work within the means of MLS budgets. You're not getting XI DP or TAM level players on the field...yet.

From our recent past remember Giovinco playing and often going insane on the likes of Osorio/Chapman/Endoh/Babouli who all played enough in that era but he was successful and didn't need people to point to one or two players underperforming as to why he was short hitting passes or hitting skyballs.

Furthermore historically mid season pick ups generally do not perform well in their first half season. Adjustments to travel, weather, new country, new system & style all point to that and being tired from a slog in their previous league is the main one.

I'm not saying Insigne is shit. Not saying he isn't worth the $$$ but I am saying that blaming his often poor play so far on Nelsen and the CF of the day is not the reason for why he is struggling in certain facets of his game. Saying otherwise is telling me you're a fanboy and not a great mind of the game as you proclaim.
    Hey Ultra, I'll ignore the little digs and respond respectfully. You have some good points.

A couple of points...I fully agree we should be better. I've been saying it over and over given our resources and highest payroll in the league, we have to be able to make it work. It has worked here before. Small budget teams (relative to us) do way more with less...like Columbus, Seattle, etc....but we are a huge market, and like in LA (for both teams), the fans want to see "star" names play. It is what it is. Seattle is run very well, they are a well oiled maching on and off the pitch.

I didn't sign the Italians...but its clear we have the resources to do so and they put "bums" in the seats so to speak, like Seba did. I am not interested in watching journeymen players, I want to see talent like them. Or guys like Bale, Hernandez, Vela, etc.

Mid season pick ups, yes I don't agree with it as it turned out, Insigne didn't even play for like a month after we came and the season now is done playoff wise. A huge outlay for them for a 1/2 season. It was a gamble and I thought we might make the playoffs but its over now.

Insigne is the best player in the league though. Berna number two. Watching the past few games, they have zero outlet. Sorry, if you don't agree, but Acharra and Ako can't work with them. Nelson is all over the place. We need a striker. And add another DP and we are cooking.

Insigne is never going to get the ball from 50 yards and take on 3 guys. His game is more around movement and one-twos in tight space where his skill shines. Did you see Ako and Nelson and Kerr last game? Literally were invisible so Insigne had to try and do it alone, same with Berna. And he did produce a moment of magic that very few if anyone else in the league can do, just like his wonder goal in Nashville. You pay the big bucks, and you get players and moments like this.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of points...I fully agree we should be better. I've been saying it over and over given our resources and highest payroll in the league, we have to be able to make it work. It has worked here before. Small budget teams (relative to us) do way more with less...like Columbus, Seattle, etc....but we are a huge market, and like in LA (for both teams), the fans want to see "star" names play. It is what it is. Seattle is run very well, they are a well oiled maching on and off the pitch.
    Highest payroll doesn't mean much when it's based on two player's salaries. We would be top 5 with just Insigne. So the whole highest payroll is a falacy as it's the ability to work the cap beyond the DPs & TAMs to have decent pieces & depth that can work within the cap max threshold. That's why Seattle is always good. They excel at this.

As for needing a CF, maybe. I would still like to see us go get a fast guy but I am not ready to write off JJ just yet. Ayo I have already written off. Nelsen has improved and from what is being said, Insigne likes him and is helping him so it's worth getting him in there to learn and grow. Unless MLS changes it's cap mechanisms then it's players like Nelsen that make the difference between being a flash in the pan team like TAMtlanta for a few years or a forever good team like Seattle. BB already referenced this exact thing when talking about our young players and mentioned Seattle's ability to add in quality homegrowns to essentially 'add' cap space for other roster parts.

Two months ago I would have helped Nelsen pack to get him out of here. Now I see he has hope so helping him come along is best for the team.