Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    What I am seeing tonight is a lack of trust by the DP'S in some of their teammates. Both are trying to do everything on their own.
    A certain Pozuelo would have had their trust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was only one thing wrong with the game tonight and that's Bono. Everything else - on a few days rest in that heat - was fine. We could have had a draw, which would have been decent.

BONO OUT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    A certain Pozuelo would have had their trust.
    Pozuelo wanted to leave. Why are some people having so much trouble getting that through their heads? And we probably needed to get rid of him to bring in Fede. We could not have kept him until the end of this season.

Drop this pointless narrative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think a “leader” would definitely add something back there. I’m not sure either Macnaughton or Mavinga need to be replaced but they’d both be helped by having a stabilizing presence as a partner.

But wouldn’t change the fact Bono has to go. Every game we play the opposing keeper seems to be better and more well rounded.
    The right guy on the right money yes, absolutely. I think our current four players are workable and between them offer different positive qualities. Not sure if Mavinga or Henry will be back. Maybe Mavinga but on what money is the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's too coincidental that JJ gets benched and then goes missing. I don't believe for one second that he's too tired, especially when his last game was subbed on late.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Pozuelo wanted to leave. Why are some people having so much trouble getting that through their heads? And we probably needed to get rid of him to bring in Fede. We could not have kept him until the end of this season.

Drop this pointless narrative.
    I don't believe that narrative. You can if you want. Next year will be better for sure this one was a waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a popular view here but I agree that letting Poz go was a mistake.... as was gutting almost the entire roster in the off season and relying on academy players who clearly were not ready, if they ever will.
    Sure Jozy, Soteldo, Omar, Dwyer, Mullins, Gallardo had to go. But the others could have stayed and the team would probably be in a playoff spot now.

Insigne will be 32 next season and we just wasted half a season of his contract.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 08-20-2022 at 10:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets not forget that MAK was supposed to also be part of this run to the playoffs. His presence sure would have helped with all the fixture congestion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a popular view here but I agree that letting Poz go was a mistake.... as was gutting almost the entire roster in the off season and relying on academy players who clearly were not ready, if they ever will.
    Sure Jozy, Soteldo, Omar, Dwyer, Mullins, Gallardo had to go. But the others could have stayed and the team would probably be in a playoff spot now.

Insigne will be 32 next season and we just wasted half a season of his contract.
    You think Zavs, OG, Dunn, Singh, Endoh and DeLeon would have kept TFC in a playoff spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Auro, Lawrence, and Delgado would have. I would have even kept Endoh. Certainly better than Kerr. I don't know what Bob sees in him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Auro, Lawrence, and Delgado would have. I would have even kept Endoh. Certainly better than Kerr. I don't know what Bob sees in him.
    Lawrence was apparently missing practices for outside reasons. Delgado wanted to move back to closer to home and we got decent GAM for him. Auro I agree with.
    There’s a reason why Endoh is currently a free agent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You keep these guys around for this season as a stop gap measure to keep the team in playoff contention until the summer signings come on board. You can then off load them after the season. As for Endoh are you telling me you wouldn't have preferred to have him come on the field tonight as a sub rather than Kerr? At least Endoh had an MLS career.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 08-20-2022 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looked up Lawrence's stats. He has played 1796 minutes this year for Minnesota, consisting of 21 games, of which 20 were starts. So his outside activities were not so egregious to preclude him from starting in Minnesota.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll leave the Kemar/Auro/Delgado stuff aside because I feel that has been debated enough on this forum. Endoh is not good enough to be in the regular matchday lineup for an MLS team and I prefer Kerr on the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That officiating was disgraceful. Somebody take that idiot and walk him off the end of the pier after the game.

Goals are still hard to come by in any league. When you give them away as cheaply as Bono did tonight it’s very tough to win.

I would bench him next game no matter who comes in. Those sorts of lapses in concentration can’t be tolerated
    Just watched the game: This is the correct summary and takeaway for tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bottom line is that tonight illustrated we're going nowhere without a change between the sticks. Bono is just too mistake prone and has been for a number of years. the first goal was an absolute howler. he was nowhere for the second. I'm sure on the training field he looks good, but it happens too often on match day for the club to seriously consider him as part of our long terms plans. there's clearly a mental problem there that we're not going to fix at this stage. a change of scenery is probably best for all concerned. Westberg simply has to start the remainder of the season.

the last 2 games have been incredibly costly. had we won both, we'd be right in the mix, but with 1 point from those games, the reality now is that we're 8th in a 9 team race for the last 3 playoff spots, having played more games than anyone else and conceded more than anyone who isn't DC Utd in the conference. there are 7 games left. I would say we will need a minimum of 17 points from those to get in, but there's a chance even that won't be enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono with another bonehead mistake. Looking like karius out there.
    How do we trot out Achara who's played only a few more minutes this season that I have, at 60 min when we are desperate for a goal. He's athletic but looks to have zero soccer sense out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have said it long ago in these boards - BONORELO simply HAS TO GO!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
    Bono with another bonehead mistake. Looking like karius out there.
    How do we trot out Achara who's played only a few more minutes this season that I have, at 60 min when we are desperate for a goal. He's athletic but looks to have zero soccer sense out there.
    Yes but the coach has masterfully changed the culture of the team , do you not see all the benefits?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the Bono shitshow this year I wouldn’t mind going one better than a league average American keeper. Use some TAM on a guy who will come in from Europe and be a top 5 guy in MLS. There has to be backups in the Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1 etc. that would come here in a heartbeat for 1 mil a year. Don’t need to use the last DP spot but get someone that is a proper addition to the spine of the team with some pedigree. We have some world class players on our team, can’t be having a shmuck in goal anymore

Also, Richie was far and away MOTM in this one. Has to be said he will be impossible to replace and I wouldn’t mind if they offered him big money to stick around. He looks to be the best RB in the league and him and Berna just wreak havoc on that right side game in and game out.
    Last edited by AdamAM; 08-21-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just looked up Lawrence's stats. He has played 1796 minutes this year for Minnesota, consisting of 21 games, of which 20 were starts. So his outside activities were not so egregious to preclude him from starting in Minnesota.
    Definitely. And Manning, Armas and I forgot the other clueless guy were all red bulls rejects and they knew the always professional Lawrence from there and brough him to Toronto. Lawrence was never an issue here, it was as suspected the bradlys didn't like him and out he went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yes but the coach has masterfully changed the culture of the team , do you not see all the benefits?

Yup, that talking non stop talking point about "culture" as we continue to lose points. We have the highest payroll in the league and now in 2 must win games got a single measely point. And that's the playoffs done now.

PS for Bob and using Bradley speak, how about he instill learning how to defend set pieces in "a good way" ffs. School boy defending again, a comedy of errors and we let in another crap goal where half the team includng Mike (again) didn't bother to jump and let a guy get a free header. Then Oso and everyone else stood there as the guy (and someone else also) were wide open and game over. Bono standing there while this all happens also is par for the course, but the entire team watched Pozuelo get it...float in a cross, and game over.

PS don't get me started on the first goal. It was defending in "a bad way". First Mavinga under half assed token pressure from higuain puts in needlessly out of bounds. Then Mike stands there and allows Higuain to get a throw in with zero pressure. Allows him to turn. Then gets skinned alive by Higuain with ease. Then everyone stands there and allows Higuain to dish it off to a wide open Motta. Motta then says what the hell, its Bono, might as well shoot (no doubt scouting before game said shoot away, Bono is due for at least 1 or 2 blunders per game) ...and then shoots literally right at Bono who decides to duck and try and catch the shot..and bam, goal.

Also, sorry to say it, but Ingigne is again the worst of the 3 italians...if this is what 15 million a year gets you...then we shouldn't have got him. One moment of magic but tonnes of errant passes or dispossessions isn't value for money. (and I love the guy, don't get me wrong).

Oh well....was hoping for a miracle playoff run but its over. All I have to look forward now is Croatian Night for the Miami game. We'll be out in full force even if its a meaningless game then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On to 2023 I guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post

Also, sorry to say it, but Ingigne is again the worst of the 3 italians...if this is what 15 million a year gets you...then we shouldn't have got him. One moment of magic but tonnes of errant passes or dispossessions isn't value for money. (and I love the guy, don't get me wrong).
    Lol...You must've missed the TFC goal, and the fact that it was their 3rd game in 1 week. Everyone was gassed.

Your negativity is tiring on this board. You just got yourself muted by another reader.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Lol...You must've missed the TFC goal, and the fact that it was their 3rd game in 1 week. Everyone was gassed.

Your negativity is tiring on this board. You just got yourself muted by another reader.
    Now why would you mute this contributor? I find him to be one of the more intelligent members in terms of his footy knowledge , he clearly understands this sport. There is no one on this site more then I that believes Insigne will have a very successful 5 years at TFC , but yes he is off to a slowish start, I blame our center forward and the midfielder playing beside Lorenzo usually Jayden Nelson for their clear lack of not understanding the runs and positional play required to keep up to Insignes advanced quick decision making. We will rid ourselves of Jayden when MAK is back and with another DP added in the 9 position things will quickly correct themselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now why would you mute this contributor? I find him to be one of the more intelligent members in terms of his footy knowledge , he clearly understands this sport. There is no one on this site more then I that believes Insigne will have a very successful 5 years at TFC , but yes he is off to a slowish start, I blame our center forward and the midfielder playing beside Lorenzo usually Jayden Nelson for their clear lack of not understanding the runs and positional play required to keep up to Insignes advanced quick decision making. We will rid ourselves of Jayden when MAK is back and with another DP added in the 9 position things will quickly correct themselves.
    It's not the fault of others as to why Insigne has been poor to average. Spin it however it makes you happy but it's him making poor decisions, dribbling into trouble and losing the ball, and under hitting his passes. It's because he's gassed. Played too much over the past 2 years and needs a solid offseason.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It's not the fault of others as to why Insigne has been poor to average. Spin it however it makes you happy but it's him making poor decisions, dribbling into trouble and losing the ball, and under hitting his passes. It's because he's gassed. Played too much over the past 2 years and needs a solid offseason.
    Actually you are very wrong, I noticed for some reason you are very quick to disagree with everything I post, as I said Jayden and JJ/Ayo are holding Lorenzo back it’s clear as day to anyone who is even a casual soccer fan, but hey just my opinion, but it’s very interesting that football statistics website WHO SCORED has Lorenzo Insigne as our highest rated player in 2 of the last 3 games, but I’m sure you will come up with another one of your smart theories as to what’s wrong with LI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now why would you mute this contributor?
    It's because everything Hala (and you) post is incessantly negative. We all get that the club has not performed well this year, but it's exhausting to read takes which nearly always are negative towards the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. I’m getting tired of the constant ranting. It would be one thing if there was more constructive criticism and smart ideas. It’s just plain boring now.

We get it. You don’t like the Bradley’s and a bunch of other stuff. Lengthy rants when we lose or draw, and next to nothing when we win.

Onwards and upwards!
    Last edited by Thomas; 08-21-2022 at 06:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually you are very wrong, I noticed for some reason you are very quick to disagree with everything I post, as I said Jayden and JJ/Ayo are holding Lorenzo back it’s clear as day to anyone who is even a casual soccer fan, but hey just my opinion, but it’s very interesting that football statistics website WHO SCORED has Lorenzo Insigne as our highest rated player in 2 of the last 3 games, but I’m sure you will come up with another one of your smart theories as to what’s wrong with LI
    When Michael Bradley had our highest WHO SCORED ratings a few weeks back you dismissed it as usual and broke into the nepotism thing. So if that rating didn't matter for MB then it doesn't matter for LI.