Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 26 - NER @ TFC Wednesday August 17 7:38pm - Tell Me Now Now Now

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a massive log jam of teams at the bottom of the east, only 5 points separate teams from 5-13 positions.

We have games against almost every relevant team ahead of us, it is in our hands, keep winning and we will make playoffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know a good place to watch the game in Victoria?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    There is a massive log jam of teams at the bottom of the east, only 5 points separate teams from 5-13 positions.

We have games against almost every relevant team ahead of us, it is in our hands, keep winning and we will make playoffs.
    We have games against every relevant team ahead of us except Columbus. We have TWO against Miami.

Online bookies have us Even odds to beat revolution, somewhere around 13/5 (two-to-one-ish) for the Revs to win or a tie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more time!
    Hoping...

TORONTO FC, MLS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ne england havent conceded a goal in 4 games.

that being said, they aren't a great team, and if we play like we did on Saturday should be another multi goal win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

23JUL22 To 05NOV22...106 Days!
    Another TFC MLS CUP QUEST has begun!
    La Favola - Cento Giorni!
    TFC... always... for...
    Cento Ore, Cento Giorni,
    Cento Minuti, Cento Anni,
    Una Vita, Cento Vite...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    ne england havent conceded a goal in 4 games.

that being said, they aren't a great team, and if we play like we did on Saturday should be another multi goal win.
    We should play Henry as striker since we now have world class crossers of the ball.

Honestly JJ is to cold to trust at this point, and Ayo is not up to speed yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should play Henry as striker since we now have world class crossers of the ball.

I think JJ is still trying to figure out his role within the new group of players up top. I am sure it is a bit of an adjustment to play with our new DPs compared to what we had prior. BB said they are working with him to do that. Even if he is not on the ball, he is doing some dummy runs to help open space so even if not on the scoresheet I think he is serving a function up top to some degree. Between our new DPs and Oso, Nelson/Kaye there are a lot of players around the 18 wanting the ball so he needs to figure out how to get into good positions to be most useful within the group. You can see he is a little frustrated at times probably with himself personally but the team is winning at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, Ayo has about two years to prove he can be a goal scoring threat in this league or he’s going to be on a USL career track.

That previous run of form in the bubble is only going to take him so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We have games against every relevant team ahead of us except Columbus. We have TWO against Miami.

Online bookies have us Even odds to beat revolution, somewhere around 13/5 (two-to-one-ish) for the Revs to win or a tie.
    Whoever is setting the odds for tfc over the last 4 games does not know wtf he is doing
    he is so way off on his odds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should have won the last time we played NE.

I feel like this time we will.

That said - I think Saturday in Miami is going to be loss or draw. That game just has struggle written all over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As with the previous match.
    I would really enjoy seeing another one of these posted late Wednesday evening please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the above latest post victory team picture...
    Without understanding if the locker room player cubicle layout for BMO Stadium is similar to that of Toronto FC Training Grounds?
    Though I suspect match day intensity matters much more bonding wise.
    Anyone notice the background?
    Insigne placed between Mavinga and Osorio with Nelson next beside on the right.
    Happenstance? Buona fortuna/luck? Or some Bob Bradley Old School Footballing IQ?
    Them all being left-siders on the pitch?
    Insigne's got the guy that could use as much confidence as he can get on his left.
    While the guy that may need the most convincing to stay on his right.
    And the kid that Bob feels has potential but needs some strong footballer guidance next to him.
    Allowing all to bond with Insigne?
    That placing would explain Insigne's mention of his relationship with Mavinga in a recent interview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Without understanding if the locker room player cubicle layout for BMO Stadium is similar to that of Toronto FC Training Grounds?
    Happenstance? Buona fortuna/luck? Or some Bob Bradley Old School Footballing IQ?
    Insigne's got the guy that could use as much confidence as he can get on his left.
    And the kid that Bob feels has potential but needs some strong footballer guidance next to him.
    That placing would explain Insigne's mention of his relationship with Mavinga in a recent interview.
    That's astute, Mr I. Almost certainly deliberate I'd think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    We should have won the last time we played NE.

I feel like this time we will.

That said - I think Saturday in Miami is going to be loss or draw. That game just has struggle written all over it.
    I don't think Miami can keep up with our ball movement now. I'm not sure anyone outside of LAFC and NYRB have the midfield defensive ability required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good eye!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Miami can keep up with our ball movement now. I'm not sure anyone outside of LAFC and NYRB have the midfield defensive ability required.
    I would agree about Miami, although the short record against may suggest otherwise 4G:3L/1W?
    Yet, not against TFC's new and improved and now better self!
    We should also understand how to 'contain' Pozuelo.

NYRB may be on a down cycle as TFC is on an upward one; gaining momentum at the right time as opposed to losing it.
    Though, it seems they have beaten us about twice as much and dominated with wins on their pitch.

LAFC, well... IMHO one fooken word... JUGGERNAUT!
    Is it the most complete and deep team currently in MLS?
    When we meet them in the MLS Playoffs, hopefully its at the CUP Final.
    I take some solace that BBradley may have laid about two-thirds to three-quarters of the groundwork that is that team.
    Also comfort, in regards to opposition knowledge as well as what TFC's future may conceptually be.
    LAFC's management continuity and new hires have done a fine job carrying on with the addition of key and solid acquisitions.
    They have not screwed it up! Added lots of depth; lots!
    Maybe Henry will be able to share some insights about some of the new players from earlier in the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Com'on Bono!
    Keep On 'Keeping' On.
    Doing fine.
    None of this now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England will be without starting CB Henry Kessler, who is not vaccinated, likely also Gustavo Bou, Jacobo Vrioni and Dylan Borrero to injury.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No pre-game show tonight for TFC. Vancouver is going to have one after our game and before theirs though.
    I know most were probably at the game on the weekend but did anyone else catch our pre-game show on Saturday. I felt like I was watching a Canada pre-game with DeGuzman and Kilbane trying to pick out their starting 11 choices for their first game in Qatar. I love Canada and so happy they qualified for WC don't get me wrong. But shouldn't they be doing a half hour special on this sort of thing and sort of leave the pre-game to talking about TFC for the most part, obviously we have internationals that will be going and will want to talk about it. But we are at a point where TFC just picked up some major stars and are picking up points and they are talking about this? Anyone else have thoughts on this, they really didn't talk much about TFC and it was mostly all just talking about going to Qatar in 100 days.

Also side note: i saw a few people mention the production during the game and I can't tell you how many times i've turned to the wife and said "i'm glad they are on a close up of someone while the play is still happening". Seems they don't know when to do a re-play or stop following a player for too long and we end up missing a corner kick or a build up in a play and it's pretty amateur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England will be without starting CB Henry Kessler, who is not vaccinated, likely also Gustavo Bou, Jacobo Vrioni and Dylan Borrero to injury.
    The world really needs to drop that vaccinated rule. I really don't see how it accomplishes anything anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    The world really needs to drop that vaccinated rule. I really don't see how it accomplishes anything anymore.
    I think that's really just a Canadian thing now, no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I think that's really just a Canadian thing now, no?
    It's still a rule in the US for non-Americans entering the country. TFC is all fully vaxed so it isn't an issue. A number of European countries still require double vax for non-citizens entering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    It's still a rule in the US for non-Americans entering the country. TFC is all fully vaxed so it isn't an issue. A number of European countries still require double vax for non-citizens entering.
    Here's an article from last month talking about some of the rules in place for Europe and the impact on pre-season for teams: https://theathletic.com/3436826/2022...g-point-again/

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Com'on Bono!
    Keep On 'Keeping' On.
    Doing fine.
    None of this now!

You can't get a better illustration in how bad he is at organizing the defense (probably his weakest point, although distribution isn't that great as well). Offsetting that somewhat is above-average shot-stopping on regular game play shots.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to win. We need the points to get into the playoffs. With the help of our Italian internationals, we'll be able to say that we can trade a non playoff spot for a playoff spot. Go TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wondering what kind of rotation we might see tonight. I’m guessing we see O’Neil or Henry for Mavinga plus Akinola for Jimenez at the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Thankfully we don't have to face this problem with a fully vaccinated squad at least.