Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Defence plays like that the rest of the season, we make the playoffs.
    I only saw the highlights … how did Mavinga look? Is he coming around? Getting him back on track is critical, when he is on, he takes good gambles in 1v1 situations, and wins them…
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I only saw the highlights … how did Mavinga look? Is he coming around? Getting him back on track is critical, when he is on, he takes good gambles in 1v1 situations, and wins them…
    He looked like was on tonight to me. I was at the game so I didn’t always have the best angles but he showed great speed and timing closing players down

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone else noticed but it looks like Laryea and Bernadeschi look to occupy the same space moving forward. It will probably take a few games before they are clicking. I did like how dangerous we look on both wings. Quite a refreshing change

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    He looked like was on tonight to me. I was at the game so I didn’t always have the best angles but he showed great speed and timing closing players down
    Me too, was there and he looked good. Great recovery speed. Dare I say returning to his old self?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mamma Miaaaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now THAT's what Hala is talking about. Great game...great atmosphere pre, during and post game as well.

Literally give the ball to the Italians and get out of the way, they put on a clinic.

Let me start to get it out of the way, Hala's negatives.....Nelson is simply not good. Loses the ball continually and breaks up attacks...when is Kaye back? And Jimenez, had a moment or two, but generally invisible....looks like he won't be able to click with Insigne and Fede unfortunately and we need a DP striker.

Now the positives...great win....the old team after portland tied it would have folded and we'd probably lose late. Insigne, Fede and Chris just ooze confidence and it rubs off on everyone else and we have the ability to turn it up a notch now. Great win.

Fede did lose the ball quite a bit but you pay the big bucks for moments like his goal...great goal.

Insigne, a gem. Super fun to watch, and what a goal and also what a feed on the Ako header.

McNaughton, the kid is growing on me...battles for every ball and even though got the early yellow, played composed and did a very nice job.

Chrisito, pure class. The spinorama laste when he left his man in the dust and had a nice shot was a beauty.

Layera is just what we needed as RB was a dead spot, now its very good. His assist was great, shades of the old Layerea taking his man on and beating them.

And yes, I'd by remiss if I didn't tip my cap to Mike Bradley. Very good game from him. Kept it simple, won tackles and his chip leading to Insigne's goal was a beauty. Well done.

Ako did have 2 great chances, no idea how the header didn't go in. But man, the kid needs to get in shape...looks massive up there especially up close where I was sitting.

All in all, great win and night at BMO. Can't wait for the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    Not sure if anyone else noticed but it looks like Laryea and Bernadeschi look to occupy the same space moving forward. It will probably take a few games before they are clicking. I did like how dangerous we look on both wings. Quite a refreshing change
    Yeha, at times they got in each other's way. But now yes, we have layera on the right overlapping, and Chrscito on the left. COmpare and contrast earlier when it was thompson and petrurzo, its complete night and day...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, Mavinga did the post game presser...not working on the team site yet.

Bradley presser started with a question about moving the ball around well "I think after 15 minutes we started to pass the ball well" - BB is saying its not there yet. Things are improving. Interesting bits about the youth, about the CB situation, about Oso.

Mentions that Frederico loves playing with Richie "gets me the ball where I need it to be".

Right at the end "Any comments on the referee tonight?" "Yeah (shakes head)..(laughs).. .no"

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...august-13-2022

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and if you havn't seen it yet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Federico is kind of an unbelievable physical specimen of a human being…

Only other guys I can think of who are both rangy and jacked liked that, are Hitman Hearns, and Ibra. Maybe Lewandoski too.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-14-2022 at 09:57 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Federico is kind of an unbelievable physical specimen of a human being…

Only other guys I can think of who are both rangy and jacked liked that, are Hitman Hearns, and Ibra. Maybe Lewandoski too.
    Fede Valverde of Real also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Final thoughts on this match.

What was up with the poor TV production? Lots of zoomed in shots players, or replays while there was action on the field, really poor tonight.

I think in general there needs to be an entirely new setup at the stadium, we need wider shots with much higher viewing angles. The TV presentation really hasn't changed a lot since 2007 if I'm honest, time to upgrade.
    Yes, the TV production was terrible. I don’t know if it was a “my first day on the job scenario” but they totally blew it.

I would be complaining if I was the club. Because that’s not going to help viewership

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The announcers are terrible too!

Our play by play man drones on about scores between the two clubs ten years ago - like it has anything to do with the two teams now

If Caldwell didn't have an accent he would be selling beer behind 116 - talk about a negative personality....
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Great game and direction team is going. Love the commitment and passion by our DPs and making everyone else better.

I'm just nervous about our direct opponents still getting results we don't want. 4 points out still but getting crowded.
    Of course Pozuelo has to score 2 goals tonight and collect 3 points for Miami which was looking like a loss for most of it. Really need Kaye for the next one.

Huge game Wednesday. Cannot wait. We usually do better against New England at home vs away due to grass.
    the upside is we picked up two points gain on cinci and atlanta, so some movement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we can scratch and claw our way into the playoffs and stay healthy, we can do some damage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid 3 points. Insigne is definitely bought in. Very nice gesture from him when Nelson was subbing off, showing his leadership skills.

Is it me or did anyone else notice the poor field conditions last night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Solid 3 points. Insigne is definitely bought in. Very nice gesture from him when Nelson was subbing off, showing his leadership skills.

Is it me or did anyone else notice the poor field conditions last night?
    CFL game last Saturday is the cause of that, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga looked like 2017 Mavinga for long stretches. Solid tackles, quick pace and smart on the ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I would really enjoy seeing another one of these posted late this Saturday evening please.

Oh, and if you havn't seen it yet

Another wonderful evening!
    Thank you OtD!
    Feels fantastic to see another after match locker room team photo!
    Ha! MacNaughton with the cellphone and blocking out BB as well! Time to get BB a step stool!
    Though, I did not appreciate BB calling out Mavinga in the AGP.
    IMHO, unnecessary, especially given his fragile state; Mavinga has played well the last couple of matches.
    He does not need to frivolously shake the footballer's confidence.
    Sure he got beat, but by covering on the right side for Laryea and Macnaughton! Which pulled Criscito over and caused the wide left to be open.
    Also, Macnaughton played a fair portion of the match on a yellow!
    Mavinga towards the end, for a bit, as well!
    Given the way the match was refereed poorly; some real trust was shown by BB.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-16-2022 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to satisfy my own curiosity...
    If Lolo did not score, would the chip by Michael have been called by that Ref or VAR as a hand/arm ball by the Timbers defender?
    Having difficulty telling upon the reviews I've seen.
    Did the chipped ball make contact with the opponents shoulder/upper arm/short sleeve area?
    Or did it hit the outstretched mid to lower arm and would have been called as a hand/arm ball for a Penalty Kick?
    Is there a community consensus?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Just to satisfy my own curiosity...
    If Lolo did not score, would the chip by Michael have been called by that Ref or VAR as a hand/arm ball by the Timbers defender?
    Having difficulty telling upon the reviews I've seen.
    Did the chipped ball make contact with the opponents shoulder/upper arm/short sleeve area?
    Or did it hit the outstretched mid to lower arm and would have been called as a hand/arm ball for a Penalty Kick?
    Is there a community consensus?
    Just going by memory it seemed to hit pretty flush on the back of the shoulder without much of his arm. Even if it hit the arm I don't think VAR would have given it because the player had his back to the ball and had no idea it was even going to hit him until it did. Just my two cents.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell was saying it would have been a pen

but then Caldwell though Mavinga's one tackle was a straight red...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell was saying it would have been a pen

but then Caldwell though Mavinga's one tackle was a straight red...
    Looked like upper arm to me. I think it would’ve been called. He could claim ball to arm because he’s not looking, but his arm was elevated, so it’s probably an automatic pen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Looked like upper arm to me. I think it would’ve been called. He could claim ball to arm because he’s not looking, but his arm was elevated, so it’s probably an automatic pen.
    Except since it was Saghafi, who knows.

His officiating was baffling to say it nicely.