Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    ...Second goal, Bradley beat again easily on a header and its in the back of the net. Not sure if onside or not, but should have never even happened...
    ...My post didn't single out Bradley, you did that yourself it looks like. But if you didn't see him qet beat very easily 3 times in the air by journeyman romney plus not track the man beside him on the final header, then what can I tell you. He should not be man marking on corners in particular because he can't/won't. Put him on a goal post. Mcnaugton got beat on the third goal, but he battled and went up, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
    MB had a good game vs Charlotte...
    For the most part, it seemed Romney was beating everyone from TFC that match; had TFC's number 'in the air'.
    On the second, it has been already noted that Criscito appeared the closet to, and should have marked, Bunbury; not Bernardeschi's fault.
    The initial Romney head on that play seemed to have three TFC members teaming him of which Bradley was one and behind him.
    Fair enough on the third, Bradley did track his opponent for a moment. Perhaps an experience/judgement call.
    He may have broke off when he realized the trajectory of the kick. Maybe he just got picked by his own teammate and/or opponent?
    I think we are all in agreement, everyone on the pitch for TFC has to defend corners and set pieces way better!
    Especially since we want to move forward in the standings and playoffs.
    BTW, we all have our pet peeves regarding this team's roster.
    For some, fairly, it involves the MBradley question.
    IMHO, for a series of reasons, unless the situation devolves drastically...
    The reality is that his position does not get meaningfully addressed until the next summer or following winter's windows.
    The organization, yes his father!, views MBradley as the last on-field concern / piece of the puzzle for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    For the most part, it seemed Romney was beating everyone from TFC that match; had TFC's number 'in the air'.
    On the second, it has been already noted that Criscito appeared the closet to, and should have marked, Bunbury; not Bernardeschi's fault.
    The initial Romney head on that play seemed to have three TFC members teaming him of which Bradley was one and behind him.
    Fair enough on the third, Bradley did track his opponent for a moment. Perhaps an experience/judgement call.
    He may have broke off when he realized the trajectory of the kick ; maybe he just got picked by his own teammate and/or opponent?
    I think we are all in agreement, everyone on the pitch for TFC has to defend corners and set pieces way better.
    The reality is that his position does not get meaningfully addressed until the next summer or following winter's windows.
    The organization, yes his father!, views MBradley as the last on-field concern / piece of the puzzle for now.
    Well said brother. Nice post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From now on, it's all in, do or die, footy forward, best performances by all needed.
    Although I will take a little luck... horseshoes or hand grenades as they say... along the way.

'Look... it's a scramble!'

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    He may have broke off when he realized the trajectory of the kick. Maybe he just got picked by his own teammate and/or opponent?
    I think we are all in agreement, everyone on the pitch for TFC has to defend corners and set pieces way better!
    I see the Bradley situation as blatant nepotism. With Bob’s plan of a complete rebuild what was the point of playing his 35 year old son? We have experimented with kids in all positions, why not sit Mike down for several games and give some younger players a run? Have the kids learned anything?I don’t see it. TFC has conceded 42 goals this year, a Michael Bradley errant pass , missing a marking assignment, and losing out on an aerial challenge has directly led to 7 goals. Would playing a kid in his position have made things worse?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Would playing a kid in his position have made things worse?
    First, we're obviously in an accelerated rebuild. The summer window was the start of the season so to speak. Could MB have sat in the first half? Sure but BB was trying to salvage whatever he could until the summer window.

Second, what kid do we have could play his position since the ball comes out through him often. Have to be somebody who doesn't lay off soft sideways passes and that eliminates almost all our kids.

Third, since we weren't intentionally in tank mode, and this has been asked a lot times by a few people, who could play in MB's position and actually be more effective even? Not hypothetically better like Priso before his move, but actually better.

So yes, we could have been worse. We could have been dead last in the standings and GA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the Bradley situation as blatant nepotism. With Bob’s plan of a complete rebuild what was the point of playing his 35 year old son? We have experimented with kids in all positions, why not sit Mike down for several games and give some younger players a run? Have the kids learned anything?I don’t see it. TFC has conceded 42 goals this year, a Michael Bradley errant pass , missing a marking assignment, and losing out on an aerial challenge has directly led to 7 goals. Would playing a kid in his position have made things worse?
    I completely understand and respect your position.
    There are community members that share your perspective.
    I do no think Michael's overall metrics this year warrant the amount of ire he is getting.
    Okello has showed moments of potential. Still injured? Priso? Now gone. Others?
    I am not sure another or 'new' youth at his position this year would have served TFC better.
    I cannot argue that nepotism has not and is not occurring.
    My take is much, much, different on this matter than most; but that's on me and my quirks.
    For me, MBradley is half the eye in the storm of this TFC rebuild.
    The other half is Mr. Coca Cola (LT) and his / The Hand (MU).
    The situation is not one of father protecting son.
    It is one of son favouring and supporting father.
    None of this happens without Michael.
    For me, in 'Godfather' parlance, 'Manning's a pimp'; he is / will be the convenient cut-out.
    For me, every move, relating to this project, the on and off field direction of the team...
    Is being 'back-channeled or dinner-discussed' between the B's ad nauseam.
    For better or worse it is 'O Captain, My Captain!'.
    For now, I am ok with this.
    He was a big part of getting us to 'the shows' a few times.
    I believe, one way or another he helps get us there a few times again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    First, we're obviously in an accelerated rebuild. The summer window was the start of the season so to speak. Could MB have sat in the first half? Sure but BB was trying to salvage whatever he could until the summer window.

Second, what kid do we have could play his position since the ball comes out through him often. Have to be somebody who doesn't lay off soft sideways passes and that eliminates almost all our kids.

Third, since we weren't intentionally in tank mode, and this has been asked a lot times by a few people, who could play in MB's position and actually be more effective even? Not hypothetically better like Priso before his move, but actually better.

So yes, we could have been worse. We could have been dead last in the standings and GA.
    Strongly disagree with everything you say above,Who could play Bradley’s position? How about Oso, what about a Priso Poz Oso midfield ? You can add one of the kids and go with a four man midfield. I’m sorry I seem negative towards Bradley but his play last year and in many games this year has been very difficult to watch. His calling out players on field when half the time he is the one responsible has left me with a bad taste,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has been one of the best players of the team this year but the blind hate will always be there no matter what and even more now that his father is the coach...if the kids wouldnt be playing it would have been "hey why arent they playing??" but now that theyve played its "hey this and that never allowed them to perform, they were never put in a position to succeed, this and that player should have been benched" meanwhile what is going on in colorado? priso started two in which he got pulled out at the break and at 62 and stayed on the bench in two others...and more recently didnt make the 20 player squad and got sent to play next pro...fraser hates him, its always other peoples fault right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strongly disagree with everything you say above,Who could play Bradley’s position? How about Oso, what about a Priso Poz Oso midfield ? You can add one of the kids and go with a four man midfield. I’m sorry I seem negative towards Bradley but his play last year and in many games this year has been very difficult to watch. His calling out players on field when half the time he is the one responsible has left me with a bad taste,
    I wouldn’t go to the same lengths but i directionally agree with the point his shortcomings are obvious at times and his role on the team as a player needs to be lessened.

Inability to keep pace /defend the counter attack, getting targeted on set pieces, and showing signs of age stand to me as obvious reasons why this now 35 year old club legend needs to accept a Cheyrou-type role.

Signing experienced journeyman to split minutes with Bradley makes sense to me in the interim with a true replacement / starter signed in the offseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. And the thing I fear is because he has at least another year on the contract, we won't look for his replacement. Any competition is shipped out and we won't buy either. And then we'll likely extend him past 2023 as won't develop someone or buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    Bradley has been one of the best players of the team this year but the blind hate will always be there no matter what and even more now that his father is the coach...if the kids wouldnt be playing it would have been "hey why arent they playing??" but now that theyve played its "hey this and that never allowed them to perform, they were never put in a position to succeed, this and that player should have been benched" meanwhile what is going on in colorado? priso started two in which he got pulled out at the break and at 62 and stayed on the bench in two others...and more recently didnt make the 20 player squad and got sent to play next pro...fraser hates him, its always other peoples fault right?
    When Perez had the balls to yank Mike last year and went with Priso we played some of our best football. Of course, Mike threw a fit and Perez then was a dead man walking. And Priso and Fraser who both can play his position were jettisoned out the door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Michael Bradley called Fraser to tell him to bench Priso and send him to the second team

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    and Michael Bradley called Fraser to tell him to bench Priso and send him to the second team
    Maybe Fraser has a son who wants to play CDM. That's the only possible reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe Fraser has a son who wants to play CDM. That's the only possible reason.
    Liam to the Rapids?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Liam to the Rapids?
    I enjoyed following the bouncing ball and your mind on this.
    'Nothing like a little judicious levity'-RSL'?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-11-2022 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Perez had the balls to yank Mike last year and went with Priso we played some of our best football. Of course, Mike threw a fit and Perez then was a dead man walking. And Priso and Fraser who both can play his position were jettisoned out the door.
    Can you point me to where and how Bradley threw a fit?

i would agree Bradley wasn’t amazing last year, this year he’s been very good. The stats show that too it’s been one of his statistically best seasons with us. Priso had a chance to push for minutes all year with the injuries to oso and roster that was ripe for the taking. You can blame BB as an easy out however at the end of the day he couldn’t make it through a really depleted roster. I hope that this move gives him a chance but not even making the bench for The Rapids is potentially telling. Unless he is injured.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game thread

Pre game

Discussion of Michael Bradley as a force for good or evil within TFC culture

I need more coffee to handle this...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Game thread

Pre game

Discussion of Michael Bradley as a force for good or evil within TFC culture

I need more coffee to handle this...
    some days man, some days

Portland is 2-4-6 away - and while on the surface they're a better team, this one is far different from the one that we were earlier this year. the defense is still a work in progress but should be vastly improved and at home, I think this one has to be 3 points against a team with a negative GD away from home.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The stats show MB is still one of the best midfielders in MLS. That's all we need to know.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley has proven time and time again that when he is surrounded by high calibre players, he can elevate his game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really enjoy seeing another one of these posted late this Saturday evening please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The stats show MB is still one of the best midfielders in MLS. That's all we need to know.
    As others have observed, the relentlessly negative crowd’s posts often seem to have little to do with the subjects of their posts. Only in the sense that negativity might be a little easier to pour into Micheal Bradley posts than say, Insigne or Bernadeschi posts (for now, that is). Reminds me a bit of a certain type of person - in the days when most did their banking in the real - who would harass the poor bank tellers with the frustrations of their day, their life or their character. Beneath the surface of the complaint was something surely unrelated to the complaint. I guess the institution of the bank seemed a safe bet to rail against. And little regard for the people who had to listen.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 08-11-2022 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to attending this match. Although the result matters hugely - every win keeps alive the long shot of the playoffs - it’s already a sort of pleasure, two days before, to know that chances are we play the beautiful game with some beauty and promise.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 08-11-2022 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know if Kaye is ready to go? While Nelson looked genuinely okay last match, maybe for the first time, Kaye is a big upgrade. It’ll take a while for the Italians to become used to playing with him but right away he kept things moving in “a good way” as the Bradleys often put it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    Anyone know if Kaye is ready to go? While Nelson looked genuinely okay last match, maybe for the first time, Kaye is a big upgrade. It’ll take a while for the Italians to become used to playing with him but right away he kept things moving in “a good way” as the Bradleys often put it.
    Now that they know how the midfield is going to operate the lion’s share of the time, it would be nice to get Okello back from injury, too, get him into a backup role with some solid minutes.

I noticed Criscito and Insigne were one-two in most touches for us last game, and it wasn’t really close. Criscito had 94, Insigne was somewhere in the eighties, most other players in the fifties or below.

I guess that means we’re focussing on the left-side of the pitch, huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I’m going to respectfully disagree here. The statistical models are far from full proof (especially the ones we layman look at).

If you see an opposing attacker barrel though midfield and Michael Bradley drops to the back between the CB’s rather than pressure (as should be a DM’s primary job) it has little statistical impact on his score. The impact on our team on the other hand is huge.

All the following can be true: a great player, a great servant to the club, and at 35 years of age, not able to contribute in the same way he was earlier in the career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in “a good way” as the Bradleys often put it.
    Ha! You noticed that. It's one of "in a good way". "in a strong way", or "in a big way". In fact, neither Bradley has ever used an adverb, ever. I noticed this with Mike years ago; he has no adverbs in his vocabulary. And then when his dad pitched up, I noticed the exact same speech pattern - zero adverbs. They're limited to refining verbs with "in a xxxx way" (or not at all). This goes a long way to explaining their reputations as being so-called straight-talkers. It's difficult to add nuance if you don't have adverbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’m going to respectfully disagree here. The statistical models are far from full proof (especially the ones we layman look at).

If you see an opposing attacker barrel though midfield and Michael Bradley drops to the back between the CB’s rather than pressure (as should be a DM’s primary job) it has little statistical impact on his score. The impact on our team on the other hand is huge.

All the following can be true: a great player, a great servant to the club, and at 35 years of age, not able to contribute in the same way he was earlier in the career.
    I would have been with you on this much of the previous three seasons but this season he’s played very well. Bradley’s looked genuinely good most of the time especially in the midst of a much stronger line up.

Statistically he’s actually been the best at his position this year. I wouldn’t say Bradley is the best but he’s not been lacking overall, relative to his strengths in his good years.

I took an Iranian friend to a TFC match, he had played competitive football in his university days and has a very good eye but knows zero about the club. This was a rare good home game (after the arrival of Mimmo and Kaye but before the two newest Italians) and his main comment on our players was about how good #4 was. Bradley still has many good qualities and a certain command that his 150 caps reinforces.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Now that they know how the midfield is going to operate the lion’s share of the time, it would be nice to get Okello back from injury, too, get him into a backup role with some solid minutes.

I noticed Criscito and Insigne were one-two in most touches for us last game, and it wasn’t really close. Criscito had 94, Insigne was somewhere in the eighties, most other players in the fifties or below.

I guess that means we’re focussing on the left-side of the pitch, huh?
    I’d like to see Okello get some time as well. I know he hasn’t looked good of long late but sometimes sitting for a while helps… and he did seem to have so much potential.

Playing through the left side seems to be working so far. Criscito in particular has been brilliant for us. I’d be wary of the insistence on the left were it not for how good the right can be. Full matches from Layrea should help overall, and our ability to switch the field should make us lethal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...he kept things moving in “a good way” as the Bradleys often put it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    Ha! You noticed that. It's one of "in a good way". "in a strong way", or "in a big way". In fact, neither Bradley has ever used an adverb, ever. I noticed this with Mike years ago; he has no adverbs in his vocabulary. And then when his dad pitched up, I noticed the exact same speech pattern - zero adverbs. They're limited to refining verbs with "in a xxxx way" (or not at all). This goes a long way to explaining their reputations as being so-called straight-talkers. It's difficult to add nuance if you don't have adverbs.