Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a difference having two solid fullbacks make.

Richie my man of the match. Next Oso.

Oso with captain qualities yelling at Nelson to track back after losing the ball and at Bono for not coming out to help him on the corner he gave up which lead to the goal.

Insigne banger. Berna blasting a confident PK.

Defending/officiating was atrocious and we'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 08-06-2022 at 10:28 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 08-06-2022 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good against a tight team that has only lost 4 games at home since joining the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lafc coach said recently bale is fit for 45 mins rn.

bale has had almost 2 weeks more of full training than insigne or berna.

these guys are doing this at maybe 50% fitness, gonna be scary when they at full tilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Looking at the whoscored stats, I think you might be right

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/16...-SC-Toronto-FC

He is accurate in his passing - he might just be in the wrong spots for what Insigne & Bernardeschi expect. Opposing teams are marking him close (not like Nelson who they just let get the ball & wait for him to stop & attempt a dribble). He is taking up space. I just don't see balls going to him when he's in the middle & for a striker, that's a problem.

Akinola is getting the same treatment.

Its almost like Insigne & Bernardeschi need a false 9 to play off or a tall leaper #9 to target.
    Hagglund? 🤣🤣

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    He wasn't offside on the corner (since you can't be offside on a corner) and then he wasn't in the path of the ball and didn't make a play on it. It was a good goal
    Oh, right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    lafc coach said recently bale is fit for 45 mins rn.

bale has had almost 2 weeks more of full training than insigne or berna.

these guys are doing this at maybe 50% fitness, gonna be scary when they at full tilt.
    Or Bale is a floater as advertised.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    preseasons are 6 weeks for a reason tbh.

LI and FB trained fully for the first time 2.5 weeks ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono and MacNaughton not being front and centre. Terrible use of your model and other near-model. Fire that photographer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Isn't Jiminez coming to us right off a season in Poland as well? He looks a little leggy to me. His movement around the box is less busy than when he first got here.
    To me, the whole thing is as advertised. You pay TAM money for a striker this is usually around what you get. The odd guy busts through or manages to keep up on account of great service. But most will be hot-and-cold.

Leaving that aside, dude doesn’t exactly clear a lot of space in the middle. He’s more so riding the last shoulder of the defender and looking to get onto the odd ball. It’s an all around odd fit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on highlights only: To see Richie and Oso be dominant like that, to see Bernardeschi smash a PK with authority like that, to see Insigne hit that strike… I mean, that was all special.

Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can’t help, falling in love with you.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Based on highlights only: To see Richie and Oso be dominant like that, to see Bernardeschi smash a PK with authority like that, to see Insigne hit that strike… I mean, that was all special.

Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can’t help, falling in love with you.
    Now this should be our game day opening song

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    THIS! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We dumped him from Real...just could not stay fit no matter what....well, unless Wales had games coming up...)))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A big win...was s.hitting bricks at they end as the spammed crosses into our box and we continually got beat for headers.

Great goal by Insigne...and finally the one year winless road streak ends....so crucial...and now the Portland game (I'll be there as usual) is so vital...another 3 points and we are in the thick of sneaking back into the playoffs.

A shout out to Lareya...was all over the right side and drew the penalty and had a nice assist. We were playing literally with no RB all year until last night. Welcome back Richie! And so glad will never see Thompson back there again.

Bad-defending on set pieces and on those long throw was attocious. It looks like keystone kops when we defend crosses. Even Bono came way out once into no mans land and didn't get to a cross Zimmerman then put back across the net without Bono no where near. Luckly it didn't lead to disaster.

And Mike Bradley has zero vertical and continually gets beat by his man (and totally cleanly) on headers. Ffs, he isn't short, and is quite big (too big actually) so should be able to provide a bit of a challenge in the air. Some random journeyman Romney beat him cleanly around the 18 minute mark on a header that he blazed over the bar...then the 2nd goal..beat him completely again on the header. Reminds me of opening day last year vs Montreal when his man easily beat him in the box for a header goal...its almost completely uncontested. Other teams target Bradley on set pieces because he can't or won't jump or do the dirty work required to win one v one.

Jeuse was anonymous again and had the auducity to try and take the penalty off Fede. I was pissed watching that...putting more pressure on Fede. Jesus, know your place. The penalites are Fede and Insignes. Stay away ffs. And BB better recitfy this s.hit, and have penalty orders clearly understood before the game (like every other club in the world does).

All in all, a huge 3 points....and fun to watch. Can't wait for Saturday.
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 08-07-2022 at 06:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, 3 more things on the "negative" side that pissed me off watching....

Oso's "ole" defending in the fourth minute on a set piece allowing his man, journeyman Mccarthy a completely uncontested shot off a free kick cross that just missed. He literally let him take the shot uncontest then raised his hand up looking for an offside...come on man, defend, that was pure luck mccarty is such a hack otherwise that's int the back of the net and we are down right away again.

And Ako, man, you come on late, we are up, its hot and humid, and he literally lost anything that went near him and half a.ssed it "defending". FFS, sprint and HELP your teammates. Was shocking how little he moves...reminds me of a disinterested Altidore...just not acceptable.

Thompson comes on late and only a few minutes lost the ball a number of times ....the kid is not for this level, sorry to be blunt but just is not good enough.

A few more "positives"....thought McNaughton was good also, well apart from getting totally beat by Zimmerman on his goal. And Mavinga battled at the back. Crisito was pure class and composed at the back..a very nice addition.

Oso-great goals, nice to see him score and they were beauties. He'll continue to get opportunities as Insigne and Fede draw all kinds of attention to themselves...so he has to continue to pick his spots as there will be openings all over the place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

M Bradley looks like the 65 year old man you see at the beach that use to be in shape. Extra pasty white skin hanging everywhere. God help us if Bob whips off his shirt

Good thing is you wouldn’t have seen them take that photo 2 months ago. They’ve come along way and look like a team
    Last edited by Webdogg; 08-07-2022 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very entertaining match and well deserved victory.

Boy did we ever miss Laryea.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As usual, the BB presser after a match worth listening to

• important win
    • Bernadeschi put up his hand right away at the half & said he gave up the ball twice leading to 2 goals
    • defence as a team played well - issues with set pieces
    • Nashville diamond was unexpected - team at half talked about moving the ball quicker
    • Richie came in well because he both knew the players & understands the approach they are taking
    • Jesus a work in progress - finding his way - talking about his mentality - needs to get into the box a bit more & be a threat - getting frustrated - they are working on it
    • Insigne still getting fit

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...-august-6-2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    A big win...was s.hitting bricks at they end as the spammed crosses into our box and we continually got beat for headers.

Great goal by Insigne...and finally the one year winless road streak ends....so crucial...and now the Portland game (I'll be there as usual) is so vital...another 3 points and we are in the thick of sneaking back into the playoffs.

A shout out to Lareya...was all over the right side and drew the penalty and had a nice assist. We were playing literally with no RB all year until last night. Welcome back Richie! And so glad will never see Thompson back there again.

Bad-defending on set pieces and on those long throw was attocious. It looks like keystone kops when we defend crosses. Even Bono came way out once into no mans land and didn't get to a cross Zimmerman then put back across the net without Bono no where near. Luckly it didn't lead to disaster.

And Mike Bradley has zero vertical and continually gets beat by his man (and totally cleanly) on headers. Ffs, he isn't short, and is quite big (too big actually) so should be able to provide a bit of a challenge in the air. Some random journeyman Romney beat him cleanly around the 18 minute mark on a header that he blazed over the bar...then the 2nd goal..beat him completely again on the header. Reminds me of opening day last year vs Montreal when his man easily beat him in the box for a header goal...its almost completely uncontested. Other teams target Bradley on set pieces because he can't or won't jump or do the dirty work required to win one v one.

Jeuse was anonymous again and had the auducity to try and take the penalty off Fede. I was pissed watching that...putting more pressure on Fede. Jesus, know your place. The penalites are Fede and Insignes. Stay away ffs. And BB better recitfy this s.hit, and have penalty orders clearly understood before the game (like every other club in the world does).

All in all, a huge 3 points....and fun to watch. Can't wait for Saturday.
    Any videos that I can see Jesus doing this ? Missed this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Any videos that I can see Jesus doing this ? Missed this
    Must be on replays...saw it a bunch of times. He literally tried to take the ball out of Fede's hand and Fede wouldn't let him and then if I remember correctly, Jesus kind of rolled his eyes. Not sure if Jesus even celebrated the goal? Hope he at least did that.

Ps one other negative was on the last wide open header they had, the guy was right beside Bradley and took 3 steps forward and Bradley stood there as the same guy missed a point blank header that would have tied it. Bradley is no where to be found defensively aerially. Has to do better. At least get your body on the attacker and throw him a bit off balance a bit and contest it and make them work for it. We get on others for horrible defensive blunders or lack of awareness, when bradley literally gets beat over and over and nothing is said ever.

PSS a shout out to JMR, looked good in his cameo. Some nice tackles and one play picked off a pass and went forward and dished it off to Fede. Compare and contrast to Nelson who I pulled my hair out on one counter in the first half which was 2 v 2 with Insigne and not only does he not pass to Insigne, he then stops, and loses the ball.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Must be on replays...saw it a bunch of times. He literally tried to take the ball out of Fede's hand and Fede wouldn't let him and then if I remember correctly, Jesus kind of rolled his eyes. Not sure if Jesus even celebrated the goal? Hope he at least did that.

Ps one other negative was on the last wide open header they had, the guy was right beside Bradley and took 3 steps forward and Bradley stood there as the same guy missed a point blank header that would have tied it. Bradley is no where to be found defensively aerially. Has to do better. At least get your body on the attacker and throw him a bit off balance a bit and contest it and make them work for it. We get on others for horrible defensive blunders or lack of awareness, when bradley literally gets beat over and over and nothing is said ever.

PSS a shout out to JMR, looked good in his cameo. Some nice tackles and one play picked off a pass and went forward and dished it off to Fede. Compare and contrast to Nelson who I pulled my hair out on one counter in the first half which was 2 v 2 with Insigne and not only does he not pass to Insigne, he then stops, and loses the ball.
    Excellent comments you don’t sugar coat anything, I appreciate that, I am also noticing faults in Michael Bradley’s game that many refuse to acknowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Excellent comments you don’t sugar coat anything, I appreciate that, I am also noticing faults in Michael Bradley’s game that many refuse to acknowledge.
    thanks brother, you tell it like it is as well. I was watching with my son and a buddy last night and they also saw Bradley get skinned alive on those headers and commented as well. So I know others saw it also. Getting beat happens, but Bradley is not even close to the man he is supposedly "marking".

If there is good play, I'll say so. If there is bad, I'll say so.

Of course though, Bono is horrendous in the air as well. Where is he on these crosses? Just stands there glued to his line...or when he comes out, its too late. The penatly was just dumb. The forward had no angle and Bono comes flying out and once the ref pointed to the spot, it was an automatic goal as Bono cant save penalties at all.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    What a difference having two solid fullbacks make.

Officiating was atrocious and we'll leave it at that.
    This but we have all been saying that all year.

&

This but now is the time to complain on these calls, now that you have won…. Of course on that second goal hard to dispute that it sure looked clear and obvious that he was offside. Only thought could be perhaps there was an angle that we dont have (hockey actually has on on the blue lines that the TV feeds dont get) otherwise it is completely pathetic on the linesman not raising the flag after the goal.

Give Chapman one bit of credit, it was clear they were coming out to hack Insigne and Cricisito and those early cards set the tone on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant win. In my mind it’ll be pencilled in as 4-1.

Laryea is elite as always.

Insigne is grooving.

I think patience with Jimenez is correct way. We’ve all seen he’s capable and he’s playing an extended season. Ayo should get a run out, though as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Insigne is grooving.

I think patience with Jimenez is correct way. We’ve all seen he’s capable and he’s playing an extended season. Ayo should get a run out, though as well.
    Yeah, agreed. Give him a start and given Jesus a few later appearances to put fresh legs against tired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post

Insigne is grooving.

The problem with Jesus is we literally have no one else. Ako is completely out of shape and gassed after a few runs. We have to go with Jesus...am sure he'll eventually get going but time is of the essence, every game is must win now.

Loved Insigne's goal...and early on, when he skinned some journeyman and got taken down..he totally undressed him....and then another hack Mccarty was forced to get a yellow pulling him back minutes into the game...he makes it look effortless how easily he beats his man.

Can't wait for Saturday night, the place will be rocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As usual, the BB presser after a match worth listening to

• important win
    • Bernadeschi put up his hand right away at the half & said he gave up the ball twice leading to 2 goals
    • defence as a team played well - issues with set pieces
    • Nashville diamond was unexpected - team at half talked about moving the ball quicker
    • Richie came in well because he both knew the players & understands the approach they are taking
    • Jesus a work in progress - finding his way - talking about his mentality - needs to get into the box a bit more & be a threat - getting frustrated - they are working on it
    • Insigne still getting fit

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...-august-6-2022

?? There was no mention from BB on Bern. How did you come up with this? Bernardeschi was nowhere near being involved in the 2 goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving the new look, especially the on-field Italian-CNMT connections. Once another DP is added at either CM or ST and it should be steamrolling time again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    ?? There was no mention from BB on Bern. How did you come up with this? Bernardeschi was nowhere near being involved in the 2 goals.
    Bob said this in his first (or maybe second answer). Berna gave up the ball twice which led to the first half goals