Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Bob said this in his first (or maybe second answer). Berna gave up the ball twice which led to the first half goals

His exact words were ""Lost a couple of balls that hurt the team." Not "lead to the first half goals."

I watched the game replay and Bern is clearly not responsible. He's not even in the picture. I think he apologized for maybe a few bad passes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    His exact words were ""Lost a couple of balls that hurt the team." Not "lead to the first half goals."

I watched the game replay and Bern is clearly not responsible. He's not even in the picture. I think he apologized for maybe a few bad passes.
    https://youtu.be/4zEyDyLIlWo At 0:43 Berna makes a soft pass that gets intercepted leading to the first goal.

For the second goal, I think he made an errant pass that led to the corner that the second goal came from, however the buildup isn’t in the highlights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the clip of Jimenez asking to take the PK. I don't think it's that bad and Berna seemed to take it well. I like that he's stepping up to try and take it rather than backing off just because he hasn't been playing well. Jimenez took his share of PKs in Poland. There's clips of Jimenez taking some PKs at 3:20 and 3:50 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJ4X5qqIbw He seems to take them well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernadeschi made the pass that led to the penalty - Caldwell even remarks upon it.

Same thing happened before the rush that led to their corner which got the second goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berna took it well..you don't see what happens during training so Berna had the confidence..always go with the player that wants it

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bernadeschi made the pass that led to the penalty - Caldwell even remarks upon it.

Same thing happened before the rush that led to their corner which got the second goal.
    After the pass was made by Berna it was still just a three on three break Bob could of mentioned that his son doesn’t make a challenge on the Nashville ball carrier and McNaughton runs away from the danger which Caldwell does comment on. Bob also doesn’t mention that it’s Michaels man that out jumps him on the header leading to the second goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still absolutely buzzing from that game last night. Picking up all 3 points on the road and scoring 4 goals against a really good defensive team bodes well for the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    After the pass was made by Berna it was still just a three on three break Bob could of mentioned that his son doesn’t make a challenge on the Nashville ball carrier and McNaughton runs away from the danger which Caldwell does comment on. Bob also doesn’t mention that it’s Michaels man that out jumps him on the header leading to the second goal.
    Exactly. Funny how Bob didn't see that. And if you watch on the third goal we give up, if Zimmerman didn't get to it, Romney incredibly left Bradley in the dust again and was wide open and he would have headed it home also...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Still absolutely buzzing from that game last night. Picking up all 3 points on the road and scoring 4 goals against a really good defensive team bodes well for the future.
    3 points was great and ending the 1 year road winless streak was crucial heading into this final stretch run.

But....what was very alarming how bad we look defending on set pieces. Every single free kick, corner or long throw in was pure danger. Mcarthy missed a sitter in minute 4, Romney missed a wide open header early...and then while not a set piece, the last play of the game, was another wide open header given up...thankfully the guy missed the net.

We need to fix up the defensive issues immediately or everyone will see last night and see how to exploit us on set pieces. Personally, I'd put Mike on a goal post when we are defending corners...he gets beat literally every single time in the air, so put someone who can actually defend in the air, or at least will try too. Mavinga and McNaughton will put their bodies on the line....that's what you need, especially going up against some of the big guys we face.

PS hopefully Kay is back soon. Kay adds a two way presence and he can also win aireal battles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Richie has completed his hat trick: Diving for a pen after a run, yelling at the ref, and getting in an opponent's face.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Now he has the assist! One drawn penalty call and we’ve got the full experience.
    There
    "Laryea is down"

I suspect we'll hear that at least two more times
    Hahahah, greatest performance ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Yeah. Ritchie in game management mode
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    He is just really good at this level. Probably the best RB in MLS.
    Laryea was fantastic...
    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    ...Boy did we ever miss Laryea.
    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    ...Laryea is elite as always...
    In the spirit of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick; rydermike comment.
    I would like to propose the Richie Laryea Hat Trick.
    For consideration, comment and subject to any further clarification and definition by any of the community.

1/ A Foul committed, a Yellow Card. The full tilt pest getting into an opponents face or jawing at the Referee.
    2/ A Goal or Assist. The team commitment and work rate.
    3/ A Penalty Kick; the securing of. Master of the Dark Arts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    In the spirit of a Gordie Howe Hat Trick.
    I would like to propose the Richie Laryea Hat Trick.
    For consideration, comment and subject to any further clarification and definition by any of the community.

1/ A Foul committed, a Yellow Card. The full tilt pest getting into an opponents face or jawing at the Referee.
    2/ A Goal or Assist. The team commitment and work rate.
    3/ A Penalty Kick; the securing of. Master of the Dark Arts.
    It's settled. This is the RLHT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob said this in his first (or maybe second answer). Berna gave up the ball twice which led to the first half goals

https://youtu.be/4zEyDyLIlWo At 0:43 Berna makes a soft pass that gets intercepted leading to the first goal.

For the second goal, I think he made an errant pass that led to the corner that the second goal came from, however the buildup isn’t in the highlights.
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

1/ Fede does make the pass that gets intercepted leading to the first goal.
    2/ Some confusion about the second goal.

Latest is he was actually marking the second last man and 'deemed himself responsible' for putting the last man 'on-side'.

However, the judgement of this play seems to be a PRO error upheld as not a 'Clear & Obvious' error even after VAR!?

Unless there are other angles? To many of us Nashville was off-side!...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1/ Fede does make the pass that gets intercepted leading to the first goal.
    2/ Some confusion about the second goal.

Latest is he was actually marking the second last man and 'deemed himself responsible' for putting the last man 'on-side'.

However, the judgement of this play seems to be a PRO error upheld as not a 'Clear & Obvious' error even after VAR!?

Unless there are other angles? To many of us Nashville was off-side!...

One thing I hope is clear in this market is that we're not going to crucify a player for maybe potentially possibly in a blue moon causing a goal because the ref is bad - It's starting to seem like Berna's the kind of guy to get in his own head about the media and about what people think of him. I love the personal responsibility, but he needs to know we won't suddenly turn on him if something he happens to be physically there for and cause ends up losing us a game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know. That's razor thin. Plus a bad angle. I don't begrudge that goal standing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I don't know. That's razor thin. Plus a bad angle. I don't begrudge that goal standing.
    it only looks tight bc of the angle, look at the lines on the pitch, it's not necessarily close at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    One thing I hope is clear in this market is that we're not going to crucify a player for maybe potentially possibly in a blue moon causing a goal because the ref is bad - It's starting to seem like Berna's the kind of guy to get in his own head about the media and about what people think of him. I love the personal responsibility, but he needs to know we won't suddenly turn on him if something he happens to be physically there for and cause ends up losing us a game
    Agree.
    Thinking it was more a personality and role thing; his character... leadership and DP positions.
    Also, in hindsight, regarding his perceived responsibility, may explain his need and insistence with JJ in taking the penalty.
    If such a match situation was not the case in Fede's mind, I think JJ would have been, for lack of better phrasing... allowed to take it.
    Re-watched the game yesterday.
    Immediately after the penalty there is brief footage of Fede approaching JJ; them talking and everything seemed ok.
    I suspect both Fede and Lorenziello, the rest of the team, BB/management and us supporters would like to see JJ 'get sorted'.
    Although, TBF, JJ's performance, overall, on average, statistically, likely, is about where I expect it and it should be expected.
    IIUC, JJ's career conversion rate against match appearances is about a goal every third game; about what he has achieved at TFC.
    I think he was in an over-production mode.
    I mean most of the rankings I've seen indicate the PKO Ekstraklasa to always be behind MLS; at about 10 spots.
    I hoping with the team and new talent surrounding him now, JJ will find the groove and elevate his production.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne not even nominated for goal of the week. I can’t believe it’s not good enough for the top four this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berna's positioning on the second goal was fine. He needed to be marking a player and was there for it. Criscito left Bunbury by himself for a free header.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Berna's positioning on the second goal was fine. He needed to be marking a player and was there for it. Criscito left Bunbury by himself for a free header.
    Likely.
    Fair.
    Although seems Romney may have been 'triple' teamed and still managed...
    TFC needs to work on these; defending corners and set pieces.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody was crucifying Bernadeschi here.

My point was it is positive that he put his hand up at the half for his perceived mistakes & the team rallied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael returning the previous game assist favour to Lorenzo.

Me likes the Totti-esque celebration.

I suspect his wife is having a baby?

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-09-2022 at 02:48 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael returning the previous game assist favour to Lorenzo.

Me likes the Totti-esque celebration.

I suspect his wife is having a baby?

iirc Singh or someone said just that - his wife is having a third child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CorrwgBach View Post
    Down in Nashville with my son. Got our tickets pretty excited for this one.
    Well that was a lot of fun. In stadium we controlled the game quite well. The 2 goals against came from pretty good corners hitting the spot. Not sure I am as upset as most on that defending.

The penalty well that was a number of errors, the worst of which was Bono. There a number of times where we had the ball cycling it around since nashville were well set and then bono gets it and gives it away urghhh

We sat with a number of TFC fans and we made some noise! Insigne's goal was magical, especially as my son and I were discussing how he's not fit.

Nashville crowd hated the ref, not sure why.

Great new stadium (beer more expensive then BMO!) but nothing around has been finished, took a great photo as we walk up the entrance but cannot load it

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mukhtar just won the MLS Skills Challenge so I guess we can't be too upset that he did so well against us.