Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    What's our franchise all-time conversion rate on penalties, christ... if it's even above 60% I'll be shocked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mullinho converted 100% of his penalties. Just saying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still. This was good performance considering its an away game. Really dominated NER. I am encouraged for next year even though i knew that these new player were arriving too late to save the season. Cant wait to see what this looks like when these players jell and when 1-3 of these teeangers are loned out to somewhere they can further develop their game.

We miss MAK out there IMHO. We are much better with him in there than Nelson. Nelson needs to go somewhere where he can develop.
    Last edited by Free-kick; 07-30-2022 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Addition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's weird MLS parity for you. So far tonight we have two 4-4 draws, three 0-0 draws, and a 1-1 draw.

And then Houston looks pitiful getting crushed 6-0 by Philly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we looked really good tbf.

dominated the game, should have won by a couple and would have lost by a couple in previous weeks to the same team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're both spectacular players, it must be said.

A whole season with the Italians, Kaye healthy... Wowzers.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Macnaughton very good again.

JMR better as RB.

Poor showing by DPs but maybe it's the turf so maybe they get a pass: can create chances out of nothing though.

Could have used Poz in the middle instead of leaving third DP spot open.

Clean sheet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the offseason we should look to offload Insigne,hasnt delivered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we will be fine next year. Playoffs are a pipe dream this year though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson was much better....not Kaye quality but sub / injury quality...still jogs back on defence too much for me but only counted 5 times when he slowed the game down instead of passing the ball when he should have.

Kerr finds space - that's a skill set

Defence looked decent but without Bou, NER really are only Gill & hope. There wasn't much press. Lets see how they do against a more disiciplined press next week in Nashville.

Most disapointing guy was Jesus - agree with others that he's a fox in the box type & that was more the sort of guy Poz would want to pass to.

We were better when Insigne came inside in the last 15 minutes & started pulling strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think our d showed up, other than the sitter missed at the end. McNaughton and Mavinga (M and M combo) and JMR were solid, as was Crescito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JMR looked decent at RB. I wish one of the so-called journos would ask BB why he hasn't been playing more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we got a 0-0 without the benefit of resting anybody ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Macnaughton very good again.

JMR better as RB.
    Both of these things 100%

Especially MacNaughton. For me, he is our #1 now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tonights game was away at new england revolution. they have a different stadium and enviornment then we do but we needed the points and got one. so its not tthe end of the wo rld, one of our designated players hit the bar, so it would be nice if we also had the penalty work out. in essence, we are playing alot of games and theres alot still to go, but these points are valuable because were not far off from the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have two straights weeks now with only one game in each week. If they can gel now, and beat Nashville on Aug 6, we could be set for a real run.

xG tonight was 1.6 to 0.7 in our favor. Rest of the stats were very similar for both teams but we won more duels and tackles, which is an improvement for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PawTar711 View Post
    ...one of our designated players hit the bar...
    I not sure what you saw?

That left footed mf'er just smashed it and rang the post with 10secs of vibration from circa 75FT!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The long weekend of Perruzza is pretty good at these too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    And Mullinho always 'carried' Pozuelo and TFC on his...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Six points out with eleven games to go. It's not over yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nelson was much better....not Kaye quality but sub / injury quality...still jogs back on defence too much for me but only counted 5 times when he slowed the game down instead of passing the ball when he should have.

Defence looked decent but without Bou, NER really are only Gill & hope. There wasn't much press. Lets see how they do against a more disiciplined press next week in Nashville.

Most disapointing guy was Jesus - agree with others that he's a fox in the box type & that was more the sort of guy Poz would want to pass to.

We were better when Insigne came inside in the last 15 minutes & started pulling strings.
    Jesus is on a cold streak. we know the guy can finish, but he has to get service and he’s been handed three quite poor chances TOTAL in our last four league games.

He’s also had two goals waived off for offside in that four game period.

So…. a little early to panic about a guy with nine goals across all contests.

I think we knew he needed service when we got him. He hasn’t had that. Strikers require an understanding with providers; Poz is gone, Oso has been out and the Italians just got here. So….

But he does look a little out of sorts lately. Probably not having any Spanish language speakers doesn’t help that.

Still a better player than Ayo. Swapped off places with Insigne several times yesterday so LI could come inside, gets back to help, presses.

Give him a few games with the new guys before we declare him one dimensional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    In the offseason we should look to offload Insigne,hasnt delivered
    I agree. He looks too casual and uninterested out there. He will go down as the worst DP signing since Mista. Bring Poz back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Jesus is on a cold streak. we know the guy can finish, but he has to get service and he’s been handed three quite poor chances TOTAL in our last four league games.

He’s also had two goals waived off for offside in that four game period.

So…. a little early to panic about a guy with nine goals across all contests.

I think we knew he needed service when we got him. He hasn’t had that. Strikers require an understanding with providers; Poz is gone, Oso has been out and the Italians just got here. So….

But he does look a little out of sorts lately. Probably not having any Spanish language speakers doesn’t help that.

Still a better player than Ayo. Swapped off places with Insigne several times yesterday so LI could come inside, gets back to help, presses.

Give him a few games with the new guys before we declare him one dimensional.
    Yeah, I agree. He’s much more than a fox in the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally got caught up on the last few games today.

Hope that's the last time we see Kosi start at RB again (I actually like him as a depth midfielder piece, which we desperately need, so hopefully he can give some minutes there). JMR's defensive reads and fundamental control and passing are just so much better - wish someone would question Bob on why the guy can barely get 15 mins ahead of Kosi after shutting down his flank for 90 on the worst pitch in the league. Would like more from him going forward

We've given ourselves such little rope that we can't really afford to drop points any more when we're dominant, doubly so when we've started both our Italians on short rest in Foxboro. If they'd scored that late chance it really would have been a death blow to 2022 I think. At least we'll get to ruin some other team's seasons though!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

I agree Nelson jogs back on defence. But I also some him jog forward a few times in the NE game when he needed to sprint. I.e. Jesus or somebody else was isolated far forward with the ball, after a successful long pass. Nelson was the next closest, but absolutely did not see the urgency to get forward quickly, provide support or a passback opportunity. I saw some exasperation from Jesus and others.

Not only Nelson was at fault. Others didn't rush to support.

I didn't play close attention, but didn't Osorio kind of disappear for parts of the first half?