Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 23 - TFC @ NER - Sat July 30 8:08pm Honey, don't I know ya?

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you wondering how prep for this would occur given the trip to Vancouver

Overnight charter back into town arrived early Wednesday morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy has been absolutely abysmal for the Revs for those still upset we bought him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    For those of you wondering how prep for this would occur given the trip to Vancouver

Overnight charter back into town arrived early Wednesday morning.
    Hey OtD, just curious...
    You wouldn't happen to know a workaround to track, get the travel history of, MLSE Private Jet N512JK?
    I think they may have requested a block on any geo-locating since Kawhai?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, this is probably the most brutal place we could have to play after having a mid-week game in Vancouver.

I still think we can make a push for the playoffs, so we should go all out to try to win every game, but ... this game, I'm thinking maybe rest the Italians and bunker like hell to try to get a 0-0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We absolutely gotta win this game. I don't think either Insigne or Bernardeschi start though due to playing two straight games on garbage turf. Gonna need Jesus or Ayo to step up and score atleast a single goal before half.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Hey OtD, just curious...
    You wouldn't happen to know a workaround to track, get the travel history of, MLSE Private Jet N512JK?
    I think they may have requested a block on any geo-locating since Kawhai?
    Can't help you on that one - private flight information geo blocks pretty much keeps this info within government records based on provided flight plans & air traffic control - that database is considered a national security matter for most countries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start Bernardeschi and bring Insigne on in the 60th minute.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Start Bernardeschi and bring Insigne on in the 60th minute.
    If we're OK with bringing Akinola on at the half to rest Bernie, this is the way

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LI & Bernie probably just getting over having to run around on that pile of recycled trash bags Vancouver calls a pitch and now they have to walk into Foxborough. I feel sorry for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New England look to be missing an old friend...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He started last week - probably his goal all along is this move. All power to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't help you on that one - private flight information geo blocks pretty much keeps this info within government records based on provided flight plans & air traffic control - that database is considered a national security matter for most countries.
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy knows how to do it:
    https://twitter.com/SteffanWatkins

He just launched this twitter account - https://twitter.com/RCAF_VIP
    It tracks the PM's Challenger jet. He did this in response to the PMO requesting the same info block.
    Seems he's working with this guy - https://twitter.com/JxckSweeney who runs the @elonjet twitter account much to Musk's chagrin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    This guy knows how to do it:
    https://twitter.com/SteffanWatkins

He just launched this twitter account - https://twitter.com/RCAF_VIP
    It tracks the PM's Challenger jet. He did this in response to the PMO requesting the same info block.
    Seems he's working with this guy - https://twitter.com/JxckSweeney who runs the @elonjet twitter account much to Musk's chagrin.
    Thought so.
    Technology...
    Somewhere, somehow...
    There always seems a way!
    Thanks Gogon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He started last week - probably his goal all along is this move. All power to him.
    they signed a former Juve youth who scored 23 goals in Austria on loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    If we're OK with bringing Akinola on at the half to rest Bernie, this is the way
    Bern will be good to go for the entire 90 minutes. Even if akinola is subbed in, TFC will be sitting on a comfortable lead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we need to win this game too. I hope we are getting as much help as possible from ouot designated players. I haven't been out to a game in a while, hope to do so. If we can find a win like with the start and our two italian designated players, it's almost like a new start to the season when there are a number of games left. So it's like we need them to do well from the get go, which occured. hopefully by getting out, it will be common place to win which is to be cherised because of the length of time in between games to prepare and make common good for the next one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    LI & Bernie probably just getting over having to run around on that pile of recycled trash bags Vancouver calls a pitch and now they have to walk into Foxborough. I feel sorry for them.
    If Foxborough was good enough for the Patriots and Tom Brady it should be good enough for MLS. Lol. What do I know.

We should go 3-4-3. grab a lead, sub Insigne/Berna at half, go with 4-5 CB's and park the bus.
    Last edited by Richard; 07-28-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If Foxborough was good enough for the Patriots and Tom Brady it should be good enough for MLS. Lol. What do I know.

We should go 3-4-3. grab a lead, sub Insigne/Berna at half, go with 4-5 CB's and park the bus.
    I never fully understood why American football players prefer turf unless it's because they get a better shoe grip so they can make sharper cuts. Less slipping or divots I guess. All I know is that I've played shitilly on both and the turf killed me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I never fully understood why American football players prefer turf unless it's because they get a better shoe grip so they can make sharper cuts. Less slipping or divots I guess. All I know is that I've played shitilly on both and the turf killed me.
    It's a stop-start sport with several players having a relatively limited range of movement, would be my guess. Whereas a field gets churned up. In the early astroturf-in-concrete days they hated it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's a stop-start sport with several players having a relatively limited range of movement, would be my guess. Whereas a field gets churned up. In the early astroturf-in-concrete days they hated it.
    Makes sense. They don't end up doing 7 to 10km on it during their games.

I just wish they could get it out of MLS. It's not right that most of league goes "Oh f**k, turf this weekend" when looking at the schedule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope BB fields the 'strongest' team possible for this game.
    I am leaning into the 'every game is a must win' chorus; despite turf considerations.
    I get the arguments about round holes, square pegs; Mister's tactical rigidity.
    Still, others point out that absurdity or hypocriticality in the use of Kosi or Jayden.
    So, I believe if BB had done so in the CC, we may have won.
    I suspect MAK's non-presence was key; filled by JN unfortunately.
    A little 'out of the box' thinking or practicality might be warranted moving forward.
    BB is a pragmatist at times. I trust he can be for this upcoming match; maybe surprise us.

I'm thinking...
    If BB had started DH @ RB or shifted SO over to that position and put DH @ RCB,
    and
    If BB had started CM as MAK's sub or depending... had slotted him in for MB as the center 6 and shifted MB out right with JO as the flanking 8's?
    I suspect that would have been an entirely different match.
    Perhaps we would have lead in the first half and likely won the game instead.

I trust MAK is back?
    Otherwise, I want BB to get 'realistic' with the situation.
    If the consensus is 'the kids' are leaving us wanting, why not mix it up for a bit and give a starting and full try to 'the experienced'.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-29-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope BB fields the 'strongest' team possible for this game.
    I am leaning into the 'every game is a must win' chorus; despite turf considerations.
    I get the arguments about round holes, square pegs; Mister's tactical rigidity.
    Still, others point out that absurdity or hypocriticality in the use of Kosi or Jayden.
    So, I believe if BB had done so in the CC, we may have won.
    I suspect MAK's non-presence was key; filled by JN unfortunately.
    A little 'out of the box' thinking or practicality might be warranted moving forward.
    BB is a pragmatist at times. I trust he can be for this upcoming match; maybe surprise us.

I'm thinking...
    If BB had started DH @ RB or shifted SO over to that position and put DH @ RCB,
    and
    If BB had started CM as MAK's sub or depending... had slotted him in for MB as the center 6 and shifted MB out right with JO as the flanking 8's?
    I suspect that would have been an entirely different match.
    Perhaps we would have lead in the first half and likely won the game instead.

I trust MAK is back?
    Otherwise, I want BB to get 'realistic' with the situation.
    If the consensus is 'the kids' are leaving us wanting, why not mix it up for a bit and give a starting and full try to 'the experienced'.
    I just want to see players playing positions in which they’re properly trained. this notion that a left winger can just play central midfield is insane. At game speed, there’s too much that needs to be automatic and clearly isn’t.

The better Mlsnext prospects like Themi Antonoglu and Kobe Franklin are surely learning the same system. Franklin is probably MLS ready or close.

At worst with Franklin at right back we could use Kosi Thompson in what appears to be his more natural right midfield role as the third option behind Kaye and Okello.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to see players playing positions in which they’re properly trained. this notion that a left winger can just play central midfield is insane. At game speed, there’s too much that needs to be automatic and clearly isn’t.

The better Mlsnext prospects like Themi Antonoglu and Kobe Franklin are surely learning the same system. Franklin is probably MLS ready or close.

At worst with Franklin at right back we could use Kosi Thompson in what appears to be his more natural right midfield role as the third option behind Kaye and Okello.
    You are correct and I am in agreement; philosophically and in more ideal situations.
    Surely, for whatever reason/s, there has been an assessment by BB against Themi and Kobe inclusions?
    I guess the point I am trying to make may be more esoteric in nature; that in the kind of a 'depth jam' we are undergoing that perhaps 'significant veteran play experience' supersedes 'non positional kids' and may upstage 'positional yet much less experienced kids' as one offs.
    I realize this may not be the best of a sliding scale argument.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need the right people and some depth, hopefully Mak is back, i do have to say he moved the ball quickly and found open spaces.

I am harsh on Nelson but actually like him, we may be doing him more of a disservice than growing him. He reminds me of someone going at 120% all the time if we could only slow him dow to 90% with spurts of 125% and see him take defenders on at pace…

He is not a defender, nor a CM, make him Insigne’s protege, (clearly Shaf is out of favour). That type of energy late in games might be awesome.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-29-2022 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are correct and I am in agreement; philosophically and in more ideal situations.
    Surely, for whatever reason/s, there has been an assessment by BB against Themi and Kobe inclusions?
    I guess the point I am trying to make may be more esoteric in nature; that in the kind of a 'depth jam' we are undergoing that perhaps 'significant veteran play experience' supersedes 'non positional kids' and may upstage 'positional yet much less experienced kids' as one offs.
    I realize this may not be the best of a sliding scale argument.
    When MAK(or one of the other CM’s) isn’t available, I’d like to see a 4-4-2 with JJ and Ayo up front, and Insigne and Berna as the wingers. That would leave Kosi as the only kid that has to play. Maybe even switch him out for JMR sometimes. Unless they pick up an real RB, of course.
    No sliding over CB’s to play out of position please!
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 07-29-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every game is must win and the team needs to be played like that.

If you are tactically inflexible in this league you get fucked. Put your best players on the pitch in a manner that sets them up to succeed.

If you only have two CMs don’t play a 4-3-3.

We didn’t see that in Vancouver and we should have.

Bob Bradley is now on the clock (and I’m a fan of him).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ayo jj
    LI MB JO FB
    DC SON LM KT
    AB

agree that this would be the best lineup if kaye isn't good to go.

JJ can drop into mid to link up play too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    When MAK(or one of the other CM’s) isn’t available, I’d like to see a 4-4-2 with JJ and Ayo up front, and Insigne and Berna as the wingers. That would leave Kosi as the only kid that has to play. Maybe even switch him out for JMR sometimes. Unless they pick up an real RB, of course.
    No sliding over CB’s to play out of position please!
    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Every game is must win and the team needs to be played like that.

If you are tactically inflexible in this league you get fucked. Put your best players on the pitch in a manner that sets them up to succeed.

If you only have two CMs don’t play a 4-3-3.

We didn’t see that in Vancouver and we should have.

Bob Bradley is now on the clock (and I’m a fan of him).
    To clarify, my argument was a construct within the Mister's formational rigidity of a 4-3-3.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the 4-4-2 mentioned if MAK is out; give it a go.
    Ditto about BB. He has to show us something more.
    With a wealth by years of experience, he should have a tactical trick or two up his sleeve.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-29-2022 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Grammar