Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night was my first time really using Fubo. The game paused to load about a dozen times. I could count on one hand the number of times I had any problems with DAZN. I’m really unimpressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Reported now that Soccer Canada only made media availability for Vancouver & Bob Bradley. Their choice.
    Sartini has a habit of hugging the other coach; I’ve noticed after several Vancouver games that their expression is generally not pleased when he does that. I imagine if he tried it with Bob after last night (I mean Cubas and Cavalini gooned all night without getting a card until post 60 min) he probably go told to fuck right off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Last night was my first time really using Fubo. The game paused to load about a dozen times. I could count on one hand the number of times I had any problems with DAZN. I’m really unimpressed.
    Maybe this will cheer you up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Uhhh?
    Does it have to do with the following?
    Did Bob and Vanni get into it?
    WTF?
    I was watching the BT Sport 1 feed. After the match, Bob tracked Vanni down on the pitch and started jawing at him an inch from his face like a baseball manager going after an ump. Vanni just looked down his nose at him, turned and walked away. I don't know if Bob was annoyed at Vanni's celebration or whether Bob felt that Vanni had instructed his players to hack away at TFC's DPs. I have no idea. But whatever it was, Bob certainly lost his composure in the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gogon View Post
    i was watching the bt sport 1 feed. After the match, bob tracked vanni down on the pitch and started jawing at him an inch from his face like a baseball manager going after an ump. Vanni just looked down his nose at him, turned and walked away. I don't know if bob was annoyed at vanni's celebration or whether bob felt that vanni had instructed his players to hack away at tfc's dps. I have no idea. But whatever it was, bob certainly lost his composure in the moment.
    gogon, TFTI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Sartini has a habit of hugging the other coach; I’ve noticed after several Vancouver games that their expression is generally not pleased when he does that. I imagine if he tried it with Bob after last night (I mean Cubas and Cavalini gooned all night without getting a card until post 60 min) he probably go told to fuck right off.
    Dude ripped his shirt off and ran around like he just won the World Cup at full time. I’d tell him to fuck off too with that backdrop but not sure it warrants seeking him out the way Bob did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    IMO, with the game being as "chippy" as it was, Henry should've been brought on much earlier to bodycheck someone into the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    I was watching the BT Sport 1 feed. After the match, Bob tracked Vanni down on the pitch and started jawing at him an inch from his face like a baseball manager going after an ump. Vanni just looked down his nose at him, turned and walked away. I don't know if Bob was annoyed at Vanni's celebration or whether Bob felt that Vanni had instructed his players to hack away at TFC's DPs. I have no idea. But whatever it was, Bob certainly lost his composure in the moment.
    Noticed the end of the scuffle but we couldn't see what was happening from up in our seats.

Was at the game and my takeaway was that Vancouver played as a unit (goonish at times) and used the carpet to their advantage.
    IMO, another couple of weeks for the team to gel better and who knows...

Insigne seemed frustrated with Nelson for not passing on multiple occassions and can't really same I blame him. Kid is good, but he tries to do too much on his own.

BC place was insanely hot with little to no air flow.

I guess it seemed different on TV, but BC Place felt soulless IMO and the fans really only made noise a few times with the same 2-3 cheers. One side said "White" the other "Caps". Can't forget the wave of course

Good promotion in having 1/2 price food and drinks though. I'll give credit to the 'Caps organization where credit is due. Great marketing move.
    Taking the train back home with a bunch of other Whitecaps fans though... ugh....

I don't see Vancouver getting too far into the CCL with this current squad though. I mean good luck to them, but highly doubt ownership will spend/makes the moves needed to compete.
    Last edited by SilverSamurai; 07-27-2022 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    I guess it seemed different on TV, but BC Place felt soulless and the fans really only made noise a few times with the same 2-3 cheers. One side said "White" the other "Caps". Can't forget the wave of course
    It sounded dead 90% of the time. Vancouver has the worst crowd in MLS, imo.

20k sounds like 3k watching minor league baseball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Dude ripped his shirt off and ran around like he just won the World Cup at full time. I’d tell him to fuck off too with that backdrop but not sure it warrants seeking him out the way Bob did
    Dude is close to falling off his rocker, but wouldn't be surprised if they (management) told him "win or you're fired".
    I'd probably do a happy dance too if I kept my job. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the last Vancouver vs TFC game and could not believe how lame the crowd was. It was like a family day picnic. Yes this stadium and fan base are soulless and they might just be the worst crowd in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Agreed - this entire year for me is a pass given that the previous regime(s) is(are) to blame for the kids being as unprepared and unready as they are - hopefully the next TFCII batch are better.

I'm starting to think keeping players like Franklin down there was intentional to shield them.
    I couldn’t agree more. I’m guessing Bob wants to properly assess and bleed the ranks so the next wave has the space and time to develop. A bunch of guys who aren’t ready to perform, clogging up the bench, doesn’t help anyone. I’m really hoping I’m not wrong on this, and it’s not just weird preferences on Bob’s part. The fact that he has mentioned that some young players need extra support and a fresh environment to take the next step, gave me the impression that Bob’s assessments and choices are pragmatic and long term, and not based on ‘feelings’. Whether he’s overconfident or not, that’s a whole other discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost expected people to start chanting "defense" like an NBA game where you need to be told what to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    IMO, with the game being as "chippy" as it was, Henry should've been brought on much earlier to bodycheck someone into the boards.

Noticed the end of the scuffle but we couldn't see what was happening from up in our seats.

Was at the game and my takeaway was that Vancouver played as a unit (goonish at times) and used the carpet to their advantage.
    IMO, another couple of weeks for the team to gel better and who knows...

Insigne seemed frustrated with Nelson for not passing on multiple occassions and can't really same I blame him. Kid is good, but he tries to do too much on his own.

BC place was insanely hot with little to no air flow.

I guess it seemed different on TV, but BC Place felt soulless IMO and the fans really only made noise a few times with the same 2-3 cheers. One side said "White" the other "Caps". Can't forget the wave of course

Good promotion in having 1/2 price food and drinks though. I'll give credit to the 'Caps organization where credit is due. Great marketing move.
    Taking the train back home with a bunch of other Whitecaps fans though... ugh....

I don't see Vancouver getting too far into the CCL with this current squad though. I mean good luck to them, but highly doubt ownership will spend/makes the moves needed to compete.
    They will probably crap out. Who knows if they’ll even have the same manager or players by the time it rolls around?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bc place really is a horrible place for football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad we got an extra serving of Fire Bradley posts in this thread - really missed those from the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should be a 2 game final...home team with a big advantage,coin flip lol,i cant take this comp seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An optimistic view: The conditions were difficult, but the future is bright!

1. The Italians are nowhere near 100% fit.
    2. We played on low-grade turf, making it harder to play our game.
    3. We played on 3 days rest after travelling across the country.
    4. MAK was injured

Even still, we managed to finish regulation tied 1-1. We dominated possession and controlled the game. I believe if this was a 2 leg final, we would easily beat them at home.

Champions League will have to wait, but the future is bright!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Ha no way. I hadn’t seen that. Maybe they can dump Sargent.
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-27-2022 at 12:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Ha no way. I hadn’t seen that. Maybe they can dump Sargent.
    Dumb signing unless he's going to the U21s.

He's a super talent but he's not nearly ready to play in and out in the Championship. He's 50/50 in MLS, half brilliant, half overwhelmed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

4. MAK was injured

Even still, we managed to finish regulation tied 1-1. We dominated possession and controlled the game. I believe if this was a 2 leg final, we would easily beat them at home.

You're right... that is optimistic.

probably accurate too but I'm struggling to feel better about it

i sincerely hope the equally optimistic view of Bob weeding out the non-performers is also true, though I suspect it's just bad player judgement.

From what I've read Bob is pretty set in his tactical approach and until he gets about 15 players of first team standard, we are going to face some serious frustrations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well boys, I guess we're just going to have to win the MLS cup to get into the champions league next year!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Well boys, I guess we're just going to have to win the MLS cup to get into the champions league next year!
    Unless I am wrong, the old rules still apply for this years qualification and that placement only goes for American teams. https://www.si.com/soccer/2022/06/01...ormat-criteria

New rules start next year, that's why losing was such a mess up and why people are so pissed on the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anddddd thanks for ruining my day....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    anddddd thanks for ruining my day....

my bad... but that was me yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post

4. MAK was injured

Agree! And it was an exciting game - our neighbours came to complain about our shouting.