Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    One thing that really stuck out for me: Ayo comes in late, should have had more energy than most. But he doesn't get a ball that comes forward, and then just slow jogs, doesn't press or anything. Is he really that gassed after 10 minutes?
    Ayo had so far absolutely zero to offer this team this season.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-27-2022 at 02:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We are 5 players away from being a decent starting 11 - I'd argue we need 4 decent subs.

This team remains a work in progress.
    and I can guarantee you those pieces dont come during this window, so we have no reason to continue watching less than pleasant football, with players who arent inspired, now that Canadian CL is over, and there will be no CCL, and we highly unlikely to make playoffs, i am going to choose to sit out the rest of the season, im just not impressed, hopefully Bob gets something discovered or we should help make him discover the boot, absolutely dreadful season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    We need 2 starting CBs, a RB, a GK & I argue somebody to replace MB next season.

Subs 1 RB, 1 RF, 1 CM, 1 GK.
    I agree, and because we need these too many players still, I do not think we'll get them all in the winter window, but only in the next summer's window.
    Which dictates by logic, that the next season TFC will not be really a favorite for winning the MLS, but just in 2024.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Players we need:

- starting rb, cb
    - cm, fullback, winger, depth

I reckon we get 2 more players this window, and need probably 5 more additions in the winter.

Also there is a mounting case for the 3rd dp to be a striker.

We had so much nice build up play today, we need a killer in the 18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were not that bad tonight,i think we beat them easy if we played them at home and our new guys had another week or so of training,im still not sold on BB tactics but i guess we will have to live with that for another season
    needs
    RB
    CB
    DM
    KEEPER ,,,I knew we lost the min it went to PKs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono's problem is that he doesn't at all believe that he can save a PK, so he never even really tries. His whole demeanor and body language are so defeatist anytime he has to face one. It's terrible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Insigne is 100% fit. Coming off a muscle injury and playing two games in short time.
    Reminded me kind of how Pozuelo was playing when he had a small knock but kept playing. Somehow not 100% sharp.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Bono's problem is that he doesn't at all believe that he can save a PK, so he never even really tries. His whole demeanor and body language are so defeatist anytime he has to face one. It's terrible.
    We could say same thing about Stefan Frei.

Some GKs just suck at PKs.

But that one he did get his hand on, that one he should have done better.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne was limping as he came off and did not have Seba style temper tantrum so clearly there was an issue.

I'm betting he tweaked the calf on the long range attempt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to argue with anybody saying that Kosi and Nelson were big problems. But it went deeper. Our midfield got bossed almost every time when it mattered. Bradley and Oso could not link up at all with the Italians in space. As good as Bradley was Saturday, last night I saw someone who looked past it. We really have no depth, we really missed a guy like Deleon last night. The effective utility veteran that just slots in when you are short handed like that

I think we maybe lost this game when the coin flip determined it would be in Vancouver. They are a good team. Very disciplined marking, nothing like Charlotte. Really tough to play against - especially on that surface, on no rest etc.

I would not agree that the arrogance that Bob exhibits is arrogance in decision making. They are different things. I don’t love the arrogance btw, how about we winning something, anything, first…. My main complaint is on roster decision making, not in game stuff. We keep denuding what little depth we have prematurely. Poz should not have been sold before this game, our biggest game of the year.

Bob's decision making on the PKs, jesus, people need to calm down. It's Perruzza that took the Insigne spot if anyone did, Bob got that 100% right, not a person here would have done that. (I would pick Oso to take a PK tomorrow btw, I bet Bob would too. Oso is a gamer. Its just one of those things.)
    Last edited by ensco; 07-27-2022 at 06:57 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

Kinda miss Javier perez seemed humble and willing to try anything and everything kinda like coach nurse.
    Where's he managing now?

Exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    We didn’t deserve to win.

Insigne and Bernardeschi were running on fumes most of the game. That plus no Kaye put us in a really tough position.
    I don’t know if we can say much about not having Kaye. If we’re that thin where the loss of one non-DP starter kills our chances, it was never a good team in the first place.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really this is just telling me what's good for 2023 -

ah fuck it, this was the only thing to play for this season and watching guys who phoned it in during league play phone it in here are proof that they need to be shipped out. They know who they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Hard to argue with anybody saying that Kosi and Nelson were big problems. But it went deeper. Our midfield got bossed almost every time when it mattered. Bradley and Oso could not link up at all with the Italians in space. As good as Bradley was Saturday, last night I saw someone who looked past it.
    Agreed.

The way he plays out there sometimes hides his shortcomings to the detriment of the team. When the opposition is on the counter, rather than run over and try and snuff things out (like Cubas annoyingly did all game), he tucks himself in front of the CB’s to avoid looking out of position and / or being left dead for pace. That is basically DM job #1.

And I know it’s easy here to point out there’s nobody else (and that’s totally true). Maybe the fact we’re relying on a 34 year old to go 90+ on a 3-day turnaround just shows to how poorly thought out this team is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The way he plays out there sometimes hides his shortcomings to the detriment of the team. When the opposition is on the counter, rather than run over and try and snuff things out (like Cubas annoyingly did all game), he tucks himself in front of the CB’s to avoid looking out of position and / or being left dead for pace. That is basically DM job #1.
    This is perfection, this description of the problem with Bradley. He stopped being the destroyer long ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Agreed.

And I know it’s easy here to point out there’s nobody else (and that’s totally true). Maybe the fact we’re relying on a 34 year old to go 90+ on a 3-day turnaround just shows to how poorly thought out this team is.
    Now that there isn't much to play for, I'd really think MB4 needs to take that chill pill and we need to prepare for next season. The heir apparent has to come and fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad I didnt stay up for this. Does any one else decide a national cup without extra time? Set up the tournament for TFC to lose lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leafsman View Post
    Does any one else decide a national cup without extra time?
    This isn't news. CCL, US Open , Canadian Championship have done for years. It's because of schedule congestion.

The CCL final in Guadalajara 4 years ago was the same.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go easy on Oso, the Insigne sub, that part. We didn’t exactly “lose” in PKs. We went into a crapshoot in PKs, which are random.

We lost in regulation by not being good enough.
    ^100%. They came right at us and we thought we would roll over them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to argue with anybody saying that Kosi and Nelson were big problems. But it went deeper. Our midfield got bossed almost every time when it mattered. Bradley and Oso could not link up at all with the Italians in space. As good as Bradley was Saturday, last night I saw someone who looked past it. We really have no depth, we really missed a guy like Deleon last night. The effective utility veteran that just slots in when you are short handed like that

I think we maybe lost this game when the coin flip determined it would be in Vancouver. They are a good team. Very disciplined marking, nothing like Charlotte. Really tough to play against - especially on that surface, on no rest etc.

I would not agree that the arrogance that Bob exhibits is arrogance in decision making. They are different things. I don’t love the arrogance btw, how about we winning something, anything, first…. My main complaint is on roster decision making, not in game stuff. We keep denuding what little depth we have prematurely. Poz should not have been sold before this game, our biggest game of the year.

Bob's decision making on the PKs, jesus, people need to calm down. It's Perruzza that took the Insigne spot if anyone did, Bob got that 100% right, not a person here would have done that. (I would pick Oso to take a PK tomorrow btw, I bet Bob would too. Oso is a gamer. Its just one of those things.)

I understand, somewhat agree, yet Bob for whatever reasons rates them.
    Telling... for this game...
    During play it seemed Kosi wasn't getting passed (back) too much; esp. in build up towards the opponents end and esp. by Oso.
    On the other hand, the Italians and others were engaging and trying to play off of Nelson.

Latif Blessing = Deleon?

Unfortunately, this notion must be respected.
    For all three Italians... 4T's... travel, time-change, timing-preseason and turf were factors.
    Remember, within Continental Europe... Moscow/Russia DTT about 3.5HRS or Istanbul/Turkiye DTT about 2.25HRS.
    YYZ to YVR DTT about 5HRS!

His roster decisions are in flux, two in the bush for the bird at hand.
    Although, IIUC, there may be a youth/others within Academy to alternate with Kosi besides JMR?

It is 'one of those things'... just ask Mimmo all about such!
    Also, despite Bono making a huge save against TR, his penalty save percentages lack.
    Verses Westberg; about 13.5% vs 23%!

BTW... IMHO Mimmo has so far been 'effortlessly' very good in PQR; even chasing/tracking back during 2nd half of Charlotte!

PS
    Most Important / Interesting Moment Of The Game...
    Who was/were the announcer/s?
    Is he/are they connected?
    Did I hear correctly, within the last 5Min of the 1st half play commentary, someone state that Osorio was staying?
    That he has bought into the project unlike Laryea?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-27-2022 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Now that there isn't much to play for, I'd really think MB4 needs to take that chill pill and we need to prepare for next season. The heir apparent has to come and fast.
    I think you may have to wait; get your patience on in the meantime.
    My impression is that MB will be the last piece in any 'playing 16' to be addressed.
    Likely... next Summer Window or the Winter Window that follows that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missing CCL Next Year is a huge miss, say what you want but when we beat Montreal and not beating Vancouver was just a huge fail.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I think you may have to wait; get your patience on in the meantime.
    My impression is that MB will be the last piece in any 'playing 16' to be addressed.
    Likely... next Summer Window or the Winter Window that follows that.
    Well, if we address backfield, then I'm not as concerned but if anybody younger than 22 touches the field with MB on it's a huge issue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Missing CCL Next Year is a huge miss, say what you want but when we beat Montreal and not beating Vancouver was just a huge fail.
    Agreed - this entire year for me is a pass given that the previous regime(s) is(are) to blame for the kids being as unprepared and unready as they are - hopefully the next TFCII batch are better.

I'm starting to think keeping players like Franklin down there was intentional to shield them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Did I hear correctly, within the last 5Min of the 1st half play commentary, someone state that Osorio was staying?
    That he has bought into the project unlike Laryea?
    I heard him say something like that too. I just went back to the recording to hear what he actually said. I think he was referring to Oso not leaving last off season and staying and buying into trying to rebuild this season. As he then said he will be needed for the second half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    I heard him say something like that too. I just went back to the recording to hear what he actually said. I think he was referring to Oso not leaving last off season and staying and buying into trying to rebuild this season. As he then said he will be needed for the second half.
    Thanks for the follow-up and clarification 613reppingTFC!
    Appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

death taxes oso missing a pk in a final.bono cant save a pk for his life and blame the kids for the loss ,jus another day in life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess Bob didn't want to justify his choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Guess Bob didn't want to justify his choices.

Reported now that Soccer Canada only made media availability for Vancouver & Bob Bradley. Their choice.