Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Looking at the tackle by Henry before their red

If that was them on us, we would not be happy if that wasn't called a penalty.
    I think he got just enough of the ball, and just not enough of the leg, to make it legit. But it was very close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a difference in ball movement from our end to the opposing… we can move quick and then we can slow it down, we can go wide or now can even threaten in the middle. Such entertaining football…. The diff to me opposed to 2017 is the bench. Back then guys like Cheyrou (always a fan) and others could step in and we didn't miss a beat. But we will see … was a lot of fun. We score three and I want four, then I want five.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the other note of caution is that its easy to look comfortable when you are up 2-0 after 10 minutes, and both those goals were pretty fluky (not too sure how many assists Fede has had sitting on his can like that!)
    Last edited by ensco; 07-24-2022 at 11:36 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I guess the other note of caution is that its easy to look comfortable when you are up 2-0 after 10 minutes, and both those goals were pretty fluky (not too sure how many assists Fede has had sitting on his can like that!)
    To be fair, they were pretty much cutting Charlotte to ribbons. The fairly even stat lines were totally down to the second half. Leave them in and that's a 7-0, 8-0 drubbing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I know passports shouldn't matter but I really like having a CMNT element to the team. I don't want Canadians for the sake of having Canadians but when we can get one that fills a need or role I'm all for it. Kaye fits the bill for sure. I was hoping to see Henry last night and was happy to see him doing sprints at halftime.
    I agree. It’s Toronto (Brampton!) and we play at the National stadium. We should be getting those players whenever we can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The guy has excellent technique though. Served up a better ball on his can than we usually see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anyone who attended the game, did the players do the viking clap and bang the drum in front of the south stands after the game?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    For anyone who attended the game, did the players do the viking clap and bang the drum in front of the south stands after the game?
    Nyet - we didn't get a clap post-game. I'm glad we didn't tbh, it's not worth it for a regular season home game, no matter whose debut

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post

No

Insigne was in street clothes on the bench...not sure about Frederico - neither went to the south end (I suspect that will change for the next game - Criscito will have a word, I think).

The team did a somewhat lame "run & jump" towards the south.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    I was at a wedding last night too. The only wedding I have this year happened to be at the debut of this new team!! Several of us at the party were watching replays of the goals and were very impressed.
    I feel you. My wife was at one and I had to take care of the kids. I was super pissed! Saw the first half on TV at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

Insigne was in street clothes on the bench...not sure about Frederico - neither went to the south end (I suspect that will change for the next game - Criscito will have a word, I think).

I was curious to see who on Charlotte was gonna try and grab Insigne’s jersey after the game (if they can still do that)… i guess he took that opportunity away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

I think Bradley was looking to the stands for a drum to be brought to the field and the run was an improvised plan B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on the first half of the season has been that we've been asking young players to play at a pace that they aren't ready for. The fast passing, fast pressing, quick counter attacking style Bob Bradley's been asking for has led to giveaways which have often left us vulnerable way too often. In the first half last night, in our front six we had four Bob Bradley signings ... Jimenez, Insigne, Bernadeschi and Kaye. The other two being Osorio and his son. All six of them are much more capable of playing at Bob's desired speed. There were way fewer giveaways which made our back four look much better. As for Michael, not only do I think he was man of the match, I think he's in serious contention for MLS Player of the Week with that performance last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    My take on the first half of the season has been that we've been asking young players to play at a pace that they aren't ready for. The fast passing, fast pressing, quick counter attacking style Bob Bradley's been asking for has led to giveaways which have often left us vulnerable way too often. In the first half last night, in our front six we had four Bob Bradley signings ... Jimenez, Insigne, Bernadeschi and Kaye. The other two being Osorio and his son. All six of them are much more capable of playing at Bob's desired speed. There were way fewer giveaways which made our back four look much better. As for Michael, not only do I think he was man of the match, I think he's in serious contention for MLS Player of the Week with that performance last night.
    Whoscored gave Bradley a 9.5 for the game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Whoscored gave Bradley a 9.5 for the game
    Speaking of which, take a look at what WhoScored said about our play in the first half. (ignore that it's for the full game since WhoScored definitely did)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Watched the replay this Morning

The first half was magnificent obviously and whoever made the point about switching the point of attack was bang on. It’s something the kids haven’t done enough and need to learn to do.

The other thing that was obvious was with both Berna and LI drawing the extra defender, the late man run was always on and it was easy to break through the middle third of the field. Charlotte’s continuous use of the high line looked foolish.

Increasingly disappointed with the performance of the youth players. I don’t think these guys understand what a once-in-lifetime opportunity they are being handed here by BB. Most of their counterparts have to scratch and claw just to make a case to get on the field. They should be working harder out there, these chances to prove they can play at this level might not come up again.
    Strongly agree with this.

There was a time when guys could score goals and put in solid performances and then not see the pitch for months. Now they’re all getting solid run outs and putting out lackadaisical efforts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One minor point:

Bradley won the toss - the team chose to play towards the south in the first half.

They KNEW the fans would help suck the ball into that end with the energy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmmm...

BBradley leaning on Allegri?

A pagebook of a Juventini playbook?

Bono for Szczesny,
    Criscito for Sandro,
    MacNaughton for Bonucci,
    O'Neill/Henry for Gatti,
    Thompson for Cuadrado