What lies ahead of us I wonder

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went down quite a Three Musketeers rabbit hole to get to that quote

https://vimeo.com/529808746 if you are into inspirational video scenes from TV series...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No messing around - let's see the best XI and for longer than a half. Vancouver is a bit more organized even if they look like shite.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming the game is on One Soccer which I watch through FuboTV -- is there anyone else not seeing it on the schedule of One Soccer through the Fubo website for Tuesday? Do these things get updated regularly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Praying for no Gareth Wheeler on commentary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Praying for no Gareth Wheeler on commentary.
    There is likely to be French, and possibly Spanish commentary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Went down quite a Three Musketeers rabbit hole to get to that quote

https://vimeo.com/529808746 if you are into inspirational video scenes from TV series...
    Great cast, great series/retelling, great quote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some of you back in the day grungers...

It's been 'Slow' getting to the precipice of something better... cause TFC 'Have Not Been The Same'... until yesterday.

https://youtu.be/dD0xeHKAPOA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Culture shock time for our new Italians. Welcome to playing on one of the worst carpets in MLS in front of 4000 fans and in a late time zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Culture shock time for our new Italians. Welcome to playing on one of the worst carpets in MLS in front of 4000 fans and in a late time zone.
    They've already sold 20,000 tickets, apparently, most all year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, for probably the first time ever, Vancouver actually is prioritizing the Voyageurs ...they rested players on Saturday.

They will attempt a press & I suspect a 5-4-1. Gressel will be up for a tussel with Insigne - he's got something to prove.

The bounce & different pace of the ball on the pitch will mean the usual ground based passing capabilities of Kaye & Bradley & Jesus will be reduced - good thing we just brought in a bunch of guys who adapt quickly & know how to pass the ball to people in the air. Switch sides at pace like we did on Saturday & we should take this.

I think Oso will have a monster game - he knows how to play on this pitch.

Insigne knows how important this game is & has probably sought out advice from Italians who played on carpet before - he is by all accounts...meticulous. He will struggle a bit in the weight necessary in passes because everybody does the first game on turf.

But, his quality of movement, especially when paired with Criscito, will kill Gressel who never really was the best at being a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I'm assuming the game is on One Soccer which I watch through FuboTV -- is there anyone else not seeing it on the schedule of One Soccer through the Fubo website for Tuesday? Do these things get updated regularly?
    Live on BT Sport 1 in the UK at 3:30am for anyone also on this side of the Atlantic. Going to record it and see if my three year old has any interest in watching in the morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Live on BT Sport 1 in the UK at 3:30am for anyone also on this side of the Atlantic. Going to record it and see if my three year old has any interest in watching in the morning.
    Cool!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    They've already sold 20,000 tickets, apparently, most all year.
    After the 50% off food & drinks promo?

Their supporters were saying it was selling terribly when that was announced. I tend to buy that for a Voyageurs match on a Tuesday night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason they tend to do this a lot. I contacted them last week and received a reply saying that the game will be played on Fubo TV and it should be updated to reflect that in the guide..however I see it still has not been changed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    For some reason they tend to do this a lot. I contacted them last week and received a reply saying that the game will be played on Fubo TV and it should be updated to reflect that in the guide..however I see it still has not been changed.
    Fubo is in for a rude awakening when the EPL starts - for that league, if people don't see their team's game on the schedule 3 weeks ahead, they will do a Karen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    Yeah, when it was coming to the Semi-Finals the FuboTV guide did not update until the day of so I agree with Og. They will need to have a few people updating their guide for the Prem games coming in soon.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mill street closes at 11pm on Tuesdays, doesn't it. Any other destinations for the game? Patio preferred but not required.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Mill street closes at 11pm on Tuesdays, doesn't it. Any other destinations for the game? Patio preferred but not required.
    I've been asking but my AM said there weren't any official plans. Personally if I can't go to a local pub I'm going to order some sauced wings and stay home

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    Yeah, when it was coming to the Semi-Finals the FuboTV guide did not update until the day of so I agree with Og. They will need to have a few people updating their guide for the Prem games coming in soon.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing for when the EPL starts. Curious to see how that all works out for them.
    Good thing is that I've probably contacted them before every CMNT and TFC game that's going to be aired to make sure it's being played and their response time is no longer than 15-20 mins, so that's good at least. Bad news is that they usually say the guide will be updated and it takes sometimes until the day of for it to get fixed..making recording the game a bit more difficult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    After the 50% off food & drinks promo?

Their supporters were saying it was selling terribly when that was announced. I tend to buy that for a Voyageurs match on a Tuesday night.
    Got my ticket, but they've unfortunately put us waaay back.
    Still seem to be about 20-25 tickets left though.
    Last edited by SilverSamurai; 07-25-2022 at 11:55 AM. Reason: success!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Fubo but that is the one part of the service that is crap. Their guide is never up to date properly mainly for One Soccer. Many times I go to the One Soccer website to check their guide then just tune in at the time and the game is always on despite the Fubo guide. Sometimes it updates but last minute. Sometimes not at all. Not sure what is so complicated for them to fix that. Been like that ever since Fubo got One Soccer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I like Fubo but that is the one part of the service that is crap. Their guide is never up to date properly mainly for One Soccer. Many times I go to the One Soccer website to check their guide then just tune in at the time and the game is always on despite the Fubo guide. Sometimes it updates but last minute. Sometimes not at all. Not sure what is so complicated for them to fix that. Been like that ever since Fubo got One Soccer.
    Thanks to all who replied.

So am I safe in just "recording" anything listed on One Soccer tomorrow evening between the hours of 10:00PM and 2:00AM and assume that despite what is says now, I will get the TFC v Van game recorded?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to all who replied.

So am I safe in just "recording" anything listed on One Soccer tomorrow evening between the hours of 10:00PM and 2:00AM and assume that despite what is says now, I will get the TFC v Van game recorded?
    Yep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are the betting odds for this match:
    https://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/ca...o-fc-baWQvT0A/

Right now, at 10:54 AM ET, the average odds for a Vancouver win are +127, for a draw are +234 and for a TFC win are +179. (All odds are for the 90 minutes regulation time, extra time, penalties does not matter here.)
    As you can see TFC is not getting any love whatsoever from the bookies.

If I would bet, I guess an extremely safe play would be TFC +0.25 -126 (average odds.)

Odds are dropping in favor of TFC (though not a lot so far), which is always a good sign!
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-26-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see Kaye in any of the photos from the team travelling to Vancouver. Hopefully he's made the trip and is available after coming off with injury. Looks like Mavinga made the trip - hopefully he's ready to go (and is in an okay place mentally), even if it's off the bench. I feel like he can step up when the pressure is on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word if any sort of watch party happening in Toronto anywhere??

Unless I'm missing something, I haven't seen or heard of anything...

You would think think TFC/ML$E would continue the hype train of the new player arrivals, big win on Saturday, etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Nice! Happy to see they are wearing the red kit tonight 👍🏻

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Fubo guide now showing pre-game @10, match @10:30, post-game @1am on OneSoccer.

It must be the responsibility of OneSoccer to provide schedule data to Fubo in a format for uploading to Fubo guide.

The schedule on OneSoccer itself tends to be unreliable at times.