Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Also both Insigne and Fede were both extremely wide, generally. Operating on the touch line.
    This really flummoxed Charlotte, which had a three-man defensive triangle in the midfield closing on the position normally occupied by Bradley around the centre circle. But we kept tossing it wide and switching field quickly, doing the very things that defeat central blocks.

It wasn't just that they were technically pretty perfect, we were tactically so too for the first half.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This really flummoxed Charlotte, which had a three-man defensive triangle in the midfield closing on the position normally occupied by Bradley around the centre circle. But we kept tossing it wide and switching field quickly, doing the very things that defeat central blocks.

It wasn't just that they were technically pretty perfect, we were tactically so too for the first half.
    This was great to see.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    The difference in the entire team is so sudden it's mind blowing.
    Really remarkable. Amazing first half. Best half in years. Second half we saw our old selves again. Players will improve some will have to go as they aren't quality enough. But boy oh boy what a treat having the Italians all playing together. Suddenly made all the players around them better too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still can't get over Bradley scoring a flick on header, and also turning back the clock a few years with that run up middle to score was something else. These two Italians really got the teams adrenaline going.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

So this brings us back to the 'is BB bad at coaching tactics or are the kids just unable to execute them' question.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if insigne and bernardeschi remain fit for the rest of the season we have a real shot at not only making the playoffs, but having a real run at MLS cup.

that first half, where berna and insigne were still, in bob bradley's words, "a week into pre season" was close if not better than anything any MLS team has produced all year.

the potential when these guys are up to speed and able to go for 90 is almost frightening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost forgot that MBradley was capable of smiling, that was a great night from him-looked totally rejuvenated. With Fede its just so nice to have someone willing and capable of taking shots from range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    At the stadium it was apparent how vocal Henry is. Constantly positioning Thompson for one thing. We need that for sure.
    I was surprised by that but yeah from the south end you could really see him taking charge of that. Thought he put in a strong half. I am also glad that a sellout crowd came out just to see his return game

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I am also glad that a sellout crowd came out just to see his return game
    I actually came to see Kaye's home debut- which got completely lost in the hoopla italiano.

I figured the chances of the Italians actually seeing the field were only 50/50.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That 2nd Bradley goal was so beautiful as a team, had to watch it again this morning…. Pressure on heavy Charlotte touch by Osorio, win the ball back …quick touch to MAK, to Insigne, beautiful back heal to Bradley who steams through Charlotte D (still recovering from the lost ball) and MB finishes with that chip.

Honestly haven’t seen passing like that and moving the ball forward in a long time. So much fun being there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    That was incredible. Insigne and Bernardeschi bring out the best in the team.

The next 4 years are going to be so much fun.

TFC is back!
    to not buy season seats for the next 4 seasons is a mugs game
    if one doesnt buy season seats cant afford to see tfc anymore
    my oh my how things have changed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm generally impressed with how Kosi played with veterans surrounding him - seems like it's easier freewheeling it if you have more people to cover.

How the fuck does an MLS team defend against what we've got without resorting to goon squad tactics (which MLS will quickly stamp out if they see it might happen)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So turns out the guy playing for Juve and Italy might just be good enough for MLS after all!?

That match might just be a perfect alagory for our season in reverse. The team without the Italians and the team with them which will be the second half. Still not expecting play offs but add another dp and some extra starting quality players around them for next season and we go from worst team in the league to one nobody wants to play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Still can't get over Bradley scoring a flick on header, and also turning back the clock a few years with that run up middle to score was something else. These two Italians really got the teams adrenaline going.
    All the talk of how “bad” and over it Bradley is ignores that he’s also been playing on a team of kids. If anything Bradley is just unable to carry the team on his back anymore. When the quality comes in, it brings up his level and the whole team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    So this brings us back to the 'is BB bad at coaching tactics or are the kids just unable to execute them' question.
    Kerr went wide a lot but Nelson only got to the sideline when the ball was near. Freddie & Insigne always went straight to the sideline to start from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    All the talk of how “bad” and over it Bradley is ignores that he’s also been playing on a team of kids. If anything Bradley is just unable to carry the team on his back anymore. When the quality comes in, it brings up his level and the whole team.
    I actually hope it does the opposite, and that'd be a good thing. All his problems come when he tries to find a next level or carry the team, he doesn't have that in him and never has

Bradley was at his best when he played with less ego, which was when Seba and especially Vasquez was here. He played a more limited game and that plays massively to his strengths. This Bradley was an elite level MLS mid fielder and absolutely superb when we won the cup

Without them he's always had some huge flaws in his game, mainly his propensity for trying to be a play maker and trying passes and plays he simply can't and inexplicably taking set pieces. This Bradley is a player I've never rated highly, he lacks positional discipline and gives the ball away in really bad places on attack

I saw much more of the first MB than the latter one last night and that's hugely promising, because he still has something to offer if he can focus on that part of his game. The fact he got two goals, the second a banger, is icing on the cake. Let's see how it plays out.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-24-2022 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I actually hope it does the opposite, and that'd be a good thing. All his problems come when he tries to find a next level or carry the team, he doesn't have that in him.

Bradley was at his best when he played with less ego, which was when Seba and especially Vasquez was here. He played a more limited game and that plays massively to his strengths. This Bradley was an elite level MLS mid fielder and absolutely superb when we won the cup

Without them he's always had some huge flaws in his game, mainly his propensity for trying to be a play maker and trying passes and plays he simply can't and inexplicably taking set pieces. This Bradley is a player I've never rated highly, he lacks positional discipline and gives the ball away in really bad places on attack

I saw much more of the first MB than the latter one last night and that's hugely promising, because he still has something to offer if he can focus on that part of his game. The fact he got two goals, the second a banger, is icing on the cake. Let's see how it plays out.
    Yup, good point. Allows him to play his best game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    if insigne and bernardeschi remain fit for the rest of the season we have a real shot at not only making the playoffs, but having a real run at MLS cup.
    In the cold light of the next morning, we beat an expansion team who's DP's are not good at what they should do, who have no identity as to how they play, who did not adjust tactically to our wide play, who sit in a mid block & wait for somebody to score a chance, who put everything mentally into beating an EPL team in a midweek friendly and who have an awful away record.

The fact the second half team was getting pushed back into our end tells us how badly needed decent wing attackers are for this system to work.

I would like to see how we do against a team committed to the press or direct play or with at least a decent defence or attack.

Teams we face the rest of the way that will give us trouble

Nashville's defence

LAG's offence

Miami's offence

Montreal & Orlando & Portland's commitment to never give up

& the last game away to what I think is the best team in the league who should finally get to MLS Cup this year - Philly

We were very very good that first half last night - best we have been since 2017 -that last goal looked like something out of Vasquez, Seba & Jozy.

Lets see us do it against tough determined competent competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I actually came to see Kaye's home debut- which got completely lost in the hoopla italiano.

I figured the chances of the Italians actually seeing the field were only 50/50.
    I know passports shouldn't matter but I really like having a CMNT element to the team. I don't want Canadians for the sake of having Canadians but when we can get one that fills a need or role I'm all for it. Kaye fits the bill for sure. I was hoping to see Henry last night and was happy to see him doing sprints at halftime.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    In the cold light of the next morning, we beat an expansion team who's DP's are not good at what they should do, who have no identity as to how they play, who did not adjust tactically to our wide play, who sit in a mid block & wait for somebody to score a chance, who put everything mentally into beating an EPL team in a midweek friendly and who have an awful away record.

The fact the second half team was getting pushed back into our end tells us how badly needed decent wing attackers are for this system to work.

I would like to see how we do against a team committed to the press or direct play or with at least a decent defence or attack.

Teams we face the rest of the way that will give us trouble

Nashville's defence

LAG's offence

Miami's offence

Montreal & Orlando & Portland's commitment to never give up

& the last game away to what I think is the best team in the league who should finally get to MLS Cup this year - Philly

We were very very good that first half last night - best we have been since 2017 -that last goal looked like something out of Vasquez, Seba & Jozy.

Lets see us do it against tough determined competent competition.
    I would very much like to not see le yutes all get subbed on at once - at the very least, I would like to see how Nelson plays with Bernardeschi for that 'latter' 45 minutes - ideally only 30 as hopefully Lorenzo can go 60 in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately was at a wedding and couldnt make the game (or watch it)
    Anyone know where I can watch the full game and not just highlights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to buy a Bernadeschi jersey, they told me they can’t sell them yet because they are figuring out how to fit his name on the back of a jersey … what the hell lol losing a lot of sales

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Unfortunately was at a wedding and couldnt make the game (or watch it)
    Anyone know where I can watch the full game and not just highlights?

If you have TSN live, its a game on demand option right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a thing of beauty...in the first half anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It was a thing of beauty...in the first half anyway.
    Ya, Looked exciting in the first half from highlights. The only game I've missed this year lol -- of course I get to see all the losses xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the replay this Morning

The first half was magnificent obviously and whoever made the point about switching the point of attack was bang on. It’s something the kids haven’t done enough and need to learn to do.

The other thing that was obvious was with both Berna and LI drawing the extra defender, the late man run was always on and it was easy to break through the middle third of the field. Charlotte’s continuous use of the high line looked foolish.

Increasingly disappointed with the performance of the youth players. I don’t think these guys understand what a once-in-lifetime opportunity they are being handed here by BB. Most of their counterparts have to scratch and claw just to make a case to get on the field. They should be working harder out there, these chances to prove they can play at this level might not come up again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at a wedding last night too. The only wedding I have this year happened to be at the debut of this new team!! Several of us at the party were watching replays of the goals and were very impressed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had forgotten that great feeling, of seeing fear on the faces of opposing defenders. Haven't seen it since 2017.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the tackle by Henry before their red

If that was them on us, we would not be happy if that wasn't called a penalty.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-24-2022 at 10:51 AM.