Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ted Uncle is a clueless dolt.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look like a bunch of guys going through their 3rd game in 7 days...without a sub.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Forgive me for saying so, especially about a guy who basically just got off a plane and was given a uniform, but I’m not seeing a million dollars forty or value out of Kaye just yet.
    This is fair. The obvious response is, give it a few weeks, but yeah, he hasn’t shown much… his best plays were a couple of dummies.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    It's no words to describe how much of a sad sack is this TFC team this season (yet again).
    there are lots of words, and I’m only using the “clean” ones now.....

.....how about - embarrassing, pathetic, weak, ill-conceived (or poorly designed if you prefer), insulting (to ask us as supporters to pay for this crap with higher prices), egotistical (ie. “We know what we are doing here” - no you don’t, and since about April 2018 it’s been a relative crap fest especially considering this is a “big budget team” getting passed by expansion teams like Nashville and Austin (yes, we had a fluke run in 2019) - I have lots more words but those are the first ones I can think of....

Can’t wait for the renewal notices to arrive - I’m sure they will be hoping that the DPs will win a game or two to sell us the “hope” of next year —- until I see a back line and a goalie, this isn’t going to be cured by Serie A yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn close.

Bradley runs into the space Jimenez is trying to take at the top of the box, leaves him stranded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pull out the players who cant run!! akinola petrasso what is going on here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

90th minute subs lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess the summer of Perruzza is canceled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'neill seems like the only guy who gives a shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    90th minute subs lol
    Seriously - what is the point of that?

Should've brought Shaff on much earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I think we were screwed on the second offside goal disallowance, but it's not like we deserved any points out of this.

I have to say, it can't all be the players and speed. Some of this has to be the coaching. They lack cohesion, they don't talk, they don't support or read ahead of the play, even the veteran guys.

It feels like watching a Mo team, almost. The player quality improves it, but the general feeling of clueless generalizing feels the same.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley is an effin clueless thick-headed idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell really thinks this is some amazing achievement beating this garbage TFC squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We may have 11 on the field but play like we have 7 at max. New additions will help but still big gaps that need to get filled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Well, I think we were screwed on the second offside goal disallowance, but it's not like we deserved any points out of this.

I have to say, it can't all be the players and speed. Some of this has to be the coaching. They lack cohesion, they don't talk, they don't support or read ahead of the play, even the veteran guys.

It feels like watching a Mo team, almost. The player quality improves it, but the general feeling of clueless generalizing feels the same.
    Yeah - it is starting to feel like his style of coaching is 'get fast guys who like to attack and let them run.' Like that's it. No strategy or plan or shape or defensive theory or anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is, we better start winning a lot of games with the Italians in, or BB is going to end this season looking very much liker an MLS 1.0 coach, giving players way too much leeway to just figure it out and not drilling tactical movement enough. They look utterly incohesive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another loss.

Hope this is the end of a terrible chapter and the start of a new one.

God, supporting this team is frustrating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought O’Neill and MacNaughton did okay given the circumstances. But the fullback / wingback situation is just out of control.

They can’t contribute to any aspect of the play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid effort boys - only 13 more games to write off another season -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell loves it when we lose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Yeah - it is starting to feel like his style of coaching is 'get fast guys who like to attack and let them run.' Like that's it. No strategy or plan or shape or defensive theory or anything.
    I'm losing faith that the guy is anything more than an arch motivator. He helps players believe in themselves, but this team needs discipline, shape, cohesion. I see none of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The universe was giving them the ugly MLS draw and the quasi-professionals still found a way to give it away.

These shiny attacking signings are the lipstick for the pig.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, and they consistently don't get open for each other.

Only hope is that TFC has blown a silly amount of money on some big stars, and that they may get something done despite the coach -- w/o getting injured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooof. That’s a lot, but I’d struggle to argue with it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We played with probably 6 guys who a year from now should not be in our best starting 11.

O'Neill
    McNaughton
    Petrasso
    Thompson
    Kerr
    Bono

7 if you count Bradley being older next year

There was no chance creator out there baring our LCB - Bradley was poor.

Our keeper is a shot stopper who gives the ball away every time he kicks it out.

The bench is paper thin.

Bradley went to a 3-5-2 & it somehow held for much of the game. I have no clue what else he could have gone to that would have made a difference, baring JMR for Petrasso.

Where I do fault BB is he seems to have his favourites (as all coaches do) & I don't get why JMR & Shaff are way down on the bench.

That & a consistent inability to deal with any version of a press.

Our best 4 players were not on the pitch.

Our best defenders going into this season have either imploded or left.

We fixed the LB issue but Mavinga's implosion leaves us with nobody of quality at the back but for that LB - Criscito.

We have NO other option at RB (that is just BAD & they have to fix this in the next few weeks)

What was especially bad tonight though was the midfield play - Kaye & Bradley were awful & Kerr was out of his depth.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-16-2022 at 09:03 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I thought O’Neill and MacNaughton did okay given the circumstances. But the fullback / wingback situation is just out of control.

They can’t contribute to any aspect of the play.
    Kosi Thompson hasn't been all bad this season, especially given his age and experience. But he was really hopeless tonight. Nobody can make me believe that Chung couldn't have done a better job, at least as a sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob Bradley and Chris Armas are the same manager. Prove me wrong #embarrassing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc has lowest ppg of any team in mls

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think our entire marketing plan consists of - let’s sign Canadians and Italians and hope that this will be enough to sell tickets despite horrendous performances on the field and a complete lack of a way to generally stop goals or playing most of the games in our own end of the field.....

.....but hey you can buy a TFC shirt with an Owl, and a TFC shirt with an Italian flag on it (seems odd we never did this with other DPs nationalities, but that’s another story for another day?!).....this screams MLSE, we sold a bunch of Bieber themed Leafs jerseys, yet winning an actual playoff series in 15-20 years not so much.....highest prices in the league, check, selling merch, check......winning when it counts (Leafs), or at all (TFC).....not so much.....(it still amazes me that Masai flourishes in a non-marquee market for NBA players, despite the ineptitude above him)....