Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I know Nelson can be frustrating to watch at times but I think in some games he played he created more offensive chances than most. His problem is his decision making at times and other times he does a ton to get down the field but then just seems to run out of ideas at the critical moments. I feel with maturity and time working with our vets coming in that he could be someone for the future and I think that is why BB is trying to give him a lot of minutes because he sees the potential as well. I would not get rid of him.
    He’s come a long way from being the highly erratic 18-year old we saw last year but there’s still lapses in concentration and focus over the course of the game. Also feel like he’s over-corrected in terms of going from doing too much to now deferring to his teammates too often.

I would play him 30 minutes a game as a second half sub. Tell him to keep the intensity high and no lapses in focus. When in the right areas. get at the fullback 3-4 times and try to make the final ball or get off a shot. Once he’s able to produce doing that increase his role.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    He’s come a long way from being the highly erratic 18-year old we saw last year but there’s still lapses in concentration and focus over the course of the game. Also feel like he’s over-corrected in terms of going from doing too much to now deferring to his teammates too often.

I would play him 30 minutes a game as a second half sub. Tell him to keep the intensity high and no lapses in focus. When in the right areas. get at the fullback 3-4 times and try to make the final ball or get off a shot. Once he’s able to produce doing that increase his role.
    Yeah I think that sounds pretty accurate. He has made the shift from holding onto the ball too long to now passing off too often and those passes aren't always accurate as he is probably thinking too much about it.

Since he is missing next game due to yellow card accumulation he likely will only be seeing the field as a sub from now on. So those 30 mins or so is probably decent enough to keep his focus up and when he does turn the ball over he needs to track back and help out. Last night you could see when he turned the ball over he was just going to let them play down the field. They stopped and so he ran back the 10 yards and then committed the foul at the end of the game. Caldwell kept saying it was a red card for swiping out but watching back Nelson's foot was caught in his feet and he was just pulling it out in an aggressive manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Lmaooooooo @Mavinga.
    Can't wait for Hala Hrvatska's post because right now he's damn right.
    Hvala brate.

Yup, I think everyone finally does. Even those who supposedly (wink wink) had me on ignore but don't. )