Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
I know Nelson can be frustrating to watch at times but I think in some games he played he created more offensive chances than most. His problem is his decision making at times and other times he does a ton to get down the field but then just seems to run out of ideas at the critical moments. I feel with maturity and time working with our vets coming in that he could be someone for the future and I think that is why BB is trying to give him a lot of minutes because he sees the potential as well. I would not get rid of him.
He’s come a long way from being the highly erratic 18-year old we saw last year but there’s still lapses in concentration and focus over the course of the game. Also feel like he’s over-corrected in terms of going from doing too much to now deferring to his teammates too often.

I would play him 30 minutes a game as a second half sub. Tell him to keep the intensity high and no lapses in focus. When in the right areas. get at the fullback 3-4 times and try to make the final ball or get off a shot. Once he’s able to produce doing that increase his role.