Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 243
  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Nelson can go to the CPL. Playing the kids was the worst decision in TFC history.
    Almost seems like Bob is proving it to the FO.

  2. #182
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Team should have been torn apart after 2019 but wasn't due to an unlikely playoff run. That's the genesis of all this.
    Team never has to be torn apart completely.
    You start planning couple players ahead and don't give out horrendous pay raises or contract extensions.

  3. #183
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Mention it to Michael Singh. He's the only one who currently asks tougher questions.
    Singh? Don't make me laugh.

    This is not true ...at all.


    Go watch the last presser.

    Singh asked a leading question to justify a story about player development while Molinaro & others asked WAAAAY harder questions.


    BTW, it was Molinaro who asked the "whither Poz?" question that got a 5 minute dissection aboutPoz' season 3 days before he was traded.


    Even Buffery is asking tougher questions.


    Do not in any way think Singh is asking tough questions because his performance in pressers is not good at all.

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dreadful. Just dreadful.

    Terrible passing, interplay, movement. Effort was nothing special.
    Mavinga has clearly given up. The second straight week he's been shoved off the ball by a teenager like he was
    paper.

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Nelson can go to the CPL. Playing the kids was the worst decision in TFC history.
    It was a bad decision but this is a club with a long history of bad decisions. I bet if we were to compile a list of bad decisions it would reach 3 figures.

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,467
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Atrocious, soulless performance.
    It looks like after the second goal they knew it's no way to even equalize, they had zero real conviction going forward..

  7. #187
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Singh? Don't make me laugh.

    This is not true ...at all.

    Fair enough. I will admit I haven't watched as many pressers this season as previous ones. Im also not saying Singh is a quality journalist just meant he seems to be stirring the pot and might ask those type of questions. Thanks for the insight.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That has to rank up there among the worst games we have ever played

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Mention it to Michael Singh. He's the only one who currently asks tougher questions.
    Singh is 100% the leader of the "all the guys that play at TFC II are Real Madrid bound".

  10. #190
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Mention it to Michael Singh. He's the only one who currently asks tougher questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Singh is 100% the leader of the "all the guys that play at TFC II are Real Madrid bound".
    Also, don't get me wrong here, I appreciate him digging and getting us transfer rumors. I just hate the idea that every single TFC II standout is better than a Kemar Lawrence or Mark Delgado.

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't care what anyone says but Doniel Henry today is better than O'Neil & Mavinga. Saying he is a 5th choice CB might be right on a championship team but on ours he's fighting with MacNaughton for #1.

  12. #192
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    That has to rank up there among the worst games we have ever played
    That's a tough one. There are so many candidates over the last 2 years I wouldn't know which one to choose.

  13. #193
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Gotta say Ayo was really pissing me off in that second half. Most of the other players have been regular starters over the last few weeks and are understandably tired. Ayo lost his starting job and since then has offered absolutely nothing in any of his substitute appearances

  14. #194
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    That's a tough one. There are so many candidates over the last 2 years I wouldn't know which one to choose.
    Some with Mariner. 5-0 to NYRB in 2009.

  15. #195
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    That's a tough one. There are so many candidates over the last 2 years I wouldn't know which one to choose.
    Away to the DC with Armas.

  16. #196
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Neither Jesus or Ayo looked good. Maybe the 3rd DP should be a striker

  17. #197
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Gotta say Ayo was really pissing me off in that second half. Most of the other players have been regular starters over the last few weeks and are understandably tired. Ayo lost his starting job and since then has offered absolutely nothing in any of his substitute appearances
    Extreme laziness. Him & Kerr barely run but in Kerr's case I think he has no idea where to run or what to do. Ayo has shown he does and can but won't.

  18. #198
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  19. #199
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    4,301
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pogba wannabe. See you later clown.

  20. #200
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    841
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Away to the DC with Armas.
    Not going to lie I kinda enjoyed this one cause you knew it was the end of Armas

  21. #201
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    756
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't forget the 4 - 1 loss to NYRB this season. See, look on the bright side, we have played worse.

  22. #202
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This is a really bad look for both of them, either way sadly I think mavinga has nothing left

  23. #203
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok - I will be the optimist of the bunch. We are STILL only 7 points out of the playoffs with 14 games to go.

    If we win 2-4 games in a row, we are right back in the conversation.

    Frustrating game, yes, but my daughter enjoyed watching soccer with her dad, so life is pretty good over here.

  24. #204
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    This is a really bad look for both of them, either way sadly I think mavinga has nothing left
    Maybe but I said pretty much exactly what Bob did while Mavinga was still sitting on the pitch.

    And Mavinga had nothing left last season. Now he's a negative.

  25. #205
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    North York ON
    Posts
    413
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe but I said pretty much exactly what Bob did while Mavinga was still sitting on the pitch.
    Oh he's probably not wrong, but don't do that in public and, more so, having such a clearly adversarial relationship with a player is not a good sign

  26. #206
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,178
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Maybe but I said pretty much exactly what Bob did while Mavinga was still sitting on the pitch.
    To be fair faking an injury was Mavinga's best play past few games.

  27. #207
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Oh he's probably not wrong, but don't do that in public and, more so, having such a clearly adversarial relationship with a player is not a good sign
    No it's not but sometimes it happens and more often than not, it's the player who earned it: Vanney with VDW, Armas with Jozy. This was bound to happen based on Mavinga's play and attitude over the last year.

  28. #208
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,255
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So on the bright side: no Mavinga or Nelsen Saturday. My blood pressure is relieved.

  29. #209
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    So on the bright side: no Mavinga or Nelsen Saturday. My blood pressure is relieved.
    It must be galling for Shaff after three goals, three assists last season to be behind Jayden who, as one-dimensional as Shaff is, produces a fraction of the danger.

  30. #210
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    491
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Ok - I will be the optimist of the bunch. We are STILL only 7 points out of the playoffs with 14 games to go.

    If we win 2-4 games in a row, we are right back in the conversation.

    Frustrating game, yes, but my daughter enjoyed watching soccer with her dad, so life is pretty good over here.

    Good man! That was uplifting for me. Looking forward to watching with my kids one day.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •