Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 50 of 50
  1. #31
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    If you follow Criscito or LA (or LA's wife) on Instagram, they've been seeing all the sites in Ontario. They've been to Wonderland, Niagara Falls, Ripleys, CN Tower Restaurant and an indoor trampoline park. Not to mention a lot of Yorkville restaurants. They seem to be having a good time.
    I hope he took it easy on the trampolines with his calf

  2. #32
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Frozen Swampland
    Posts
    17,313
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

    I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

    And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

    -Eduardo Galeano

  3. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Unbelievably not nominated for goal of the week. Okay

    mlssoccer's staff barely disguise their TFC dislike anymore.

  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Unbelievably not nominated for goal of the week. Okay

    mlssoccer's staff barely disguise their TFC dislike anymore.
    The Americans can’t handle little old Toronto or Canada beating them, their egos are incredibly fragile when it comes to America vs anything.

  5. #35
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,493
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Goal of the week tends to be more about weirdness & distance then technical ability.

    Seba didn't even win GotW for his goal against NYRB that got us into the playoffs.

  6. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,286
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Goal of the week tends to be more about weirdness & distance then technical ability.

    Seba didn't even win GotW for his goal against NYRB that got us into the playoffs.
    Seriously?

  7. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Seriously?
    Yah probably the best goal in league history and it wasn't nominated. They also had us as low as third in the 'power rankings' that year despite being absolutely dominant.

    it's always passive aggressive though, like when they did a piece a few weeks ago noting the two huge DPs coming in... and their belief that of the two insigne would have less impact than hector herrera...

  8. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    5,462
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Goal of the week tends to be more about weirdness & distance then technical ability.

    Seba didn't even win GotW for his goal against NYRB that got us into the playoffs.
    Yeah. That goal from the SJ guy is going to win hands down (deservedly so, though).

  9. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yah probably the best goal in league history and it wasn't nominated. They also had us as low as third in the 'power rankings' that year despite being absolutely dominant.

    it's always passive aggressive though, like when they did a piece a few weeks ago noting the two huge DPs coming in... and their belief that of the two insigne would have less impact than hector herrera...
    A very, very, very, good goal. Then again, Seba had a few of those.
    Seba should have been nominated for that at the very least.
    IIRC, it clinched TFC's first playoff birth?
    That play, kinda, sorta, reminds me of Michael's recent off the Lorenziello pass? Lol!
    Most recently, Alejandro's Panenka is a good one.
    Among my favourite? The latter... Football IQ 'Under The Wall' classic by Victor...

    https://youtu.be/2TXTXecD3_o

    https://youtu.be/oPmaNc47rCg
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-09-2022 at 02:55 AM.

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Was that Mukhtar at the end of the Nashville match that exchanged jerseys with Lorenziello?
    First TFC MLS opponent player, of many likely, to do so?

  11. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    16,048
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yah probably the best goal in league history and it wasn't nominated. They also had us as low as third in the 'power rankings' that year despite being absolutely dominant.

    it's always passive aggressive though, like when they did a piece a few weeks ago noting the two huge DPs coming in... and their belief that of the two insigne would have less impact than hector herrera...
    You have your years mixed up jloome. We weren’t ever dominant in 2015, and were the recipient of the sixth spot in the east (it was the year they went from 5 to 6 playoff spots in each conference).

    Not taking anything away from Seba's beautiful goal, which was even sweeter because he had been on Italy service and had just stepped off a transatlantic flight the same day
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

  12. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,286
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yah probably the best goal in league history and it wasn't nominated. They also had us as low as third in the 'power rankings' that year despite being absolutely dominant.

    it's always passive aggressive though, like when they did a piece a few weeks ago noting the two huge DPs coming in... and their belief that of the two insigne would have less impact than hector herrera...
    We were not that good that year. Seba dragged us into the playoffs. it was a one man show for sure.

  13. #43
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    3,207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Was that Mukhtar at the end of the Nashville match that exchanged jerseys with Lorenziello?
    First TFC MLS opponent player, of many likely, to do so?
    Yeah it was.

  14. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    A very, very, very, good goal. Then again, Seba had a few of those.
    Seba should have been nominated for that at the very least.
    IIRC, it clinched TFC's first playoff birth?
    That play, kinda, sorta, reminds me of Michael's recent off the Lorenziello pass? Lol!
    Most recently, Alejandro's Panenka is a good one.
    Among my favourite? The latter... Football IQ 'Under The Wall' classic by Victor...

    https://youtu.be/2TXTXecD3_o

    https://youtu.be/oPmaNc47rCg
    Man Seba had some great moments and the atmosphere in the stadium was unreal in those.

    Think we can get back there.

  15. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,364
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You have your years mixed up jloome. We weren’t ever dominant in 2015, and were the recipient of the sixth spot in the east (it was the year they went from 5 to 6 playoff spots in each conference).

    Not taking anything away from Seba's beautiful goal, which was even sweeter because he had been on Italy service and had just stepped off a transatlantic flight the same day
    yeah I had that as 2017. I suspect I conflate good TFC stuff into smaller passages of time.

  16. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    FOOTBALLISLIFE
    Posts
    868
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    An interview mention by Lorenzo Insigne and connection with... Chris Mavinga.
    Interesting.

    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 08-11-2022 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Grammar

  17. #47
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    An interview mention by Lorenzo Insigne and connection with... Chris Mavinga.
    Interesting.
    That is pretty interesting and unexpected. Maybe it will also help Mavinga to elevate his game play too

  18. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Section 110 Row 24
    Posts
    7,286
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    That is pretty interesting and unexpected. Maybe it will also help Mavinga to elevate his game play too
    Mavinga is an outgoing guy. Not surprised he'd be the one to make these guys feel comfortable.

    I also think Mavinga is easily influenced by those around him, a crowd pleaser of sorts. So I agree hopefully this new relationship helps to elevate his game and commitment

  19. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mavinga has looked better in the past two games, I think.

  20. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    988
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Mavinga has looked better in the past two games, I think.
    He’s definitely looked tuned in and sharper. Hopefully his family’s health concerns have improved.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •