Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Salcedo is training with he team today I assume he starts Saturday and that he is putting in the miles and showing some dedication. Obviously we are trying to help him out with his move for family and it's not a 'he doesn't fit' scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Since Salcedo is training with he team today I assume he starts Saturday and that he is putting in the miles and showing some dedication. Obviously we are trying to help him out with his move for family and it's not a 'he doesn't fit' scenario.
    My guess is that he is done playing for us, however.

We shall see. I suspect these are family health issues that will provide a continual distraction, forcing him to underperform.

The first goal against Seattle, where he was beaten on the touch line, was defending that wouldn’t have been acceptable in high school, let alone for a professional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

We shall see. I suspect these are family health issues that will provide a continual distraction, forcing him to underperform.

The first goal against Seattle, where he was beaten on the touch line, was defending that wouldn’t have been acceptable in high school, let alone for a professional.
    From what Molinaro said, Salcedo’s wife has been in Mexico since recently giving birth, and he’s been in Toronto, alone. Plus Bob made mention of Salcedo being a ‘family man’ in a recent presser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    damn.
    man they make a fool of the poeple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    man they make a fool of the poeple
    Yup, ticket prices got jacked up in anticipation on secondary market and now he won't play for weeks.

Oh well, had my tickets long ago (in on seasons with a buddy) and no difference to me...and maybe I can still see him pregame to take a few pics with my son and his buddies.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woohoo time to stay home - it'll also give me time to fit my bike with a light so I can just bike to BMO without feeling like I'll crash into someone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah he is gone for sure. I just mean it takes some comitment to fly back and forth weekly (for 2 weeks so far anyway). Most players in his position would go there and stay there until the deal was done no matter how short the team might be. As for his play, yeah it wasn't great last weekend and I don't expect it will be this weekend when adding in extra travel, stress. etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah he is gone for sure. I just mean it takes some comitment to fly back and forth weekly (for 2 weeks so far anyway). Most players in his position would go there and stay there until the deal was done no matter how short the team might be. As for his play, yeah it wasn't great last weekend and I don't expect it will be this weekend when adding in extra travel, stress. etc.
    Yeah, I’m in this boat too. Can’t blame the guy, he’s trying. He’s has generally been better in recent months too until this family stuff cropped up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not defending him in any way but the whole back line was suspect on that one right from when the player received the diagonal ball until the goal. Each one of them on the backline had an opportunity to break up that play if I recall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Not defending him in any way but the whole back line was suspect on that one right from when the player received the diagonal ball until the goal. Each one of them on the backline had an opportunity to break up that play if I recall.
    Agreed, it was a comedy of errors leading to it.

From the long ball by the Seattle keeper that someone on Seatttle easily beat Thompsopn to flick it on...to Salecdo getting torched and committing when he sould have jockeyed...to then no help from anyone else (no idea where Oneil and Mavinga were) to then Petrasso just letting his man get in front and tap it in....a team breakdown.

The second Seattle goal was similar off a long free kick that JMR? let his man control it and off Seattle went in one or two passes slicing up the entire d....

I think the only one not culpable on that play was Westburgh, nothing he could do from that close...he had to shut down the Seattle winger from shooting...but then the pass came in for an easy tap in.....nothing he could do there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Insigne, no Poz.

This could be ugly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    No Insigne, no Poz.

This could be ugly
    Or we could win 3-0. San Jose is also fairly shit at the back with lots of young talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna say it is a 1-1 draw. Criscito scores from the spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable the amount of people off loading tickets now because one player isn’t playing. Ticket prices jacked through the roof and now going cheap as chips. Not how football fans should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    Unbelievable the amount of people off loading tickets now because one player isn’t playing. Ticket prices jacked through the roof and now going cheap as chips. Not how football fans should be.
    Scalpers going scalp...and now holding the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming only the only new player available is Criscito and Bradley returns to the 4-3-3:

Westberg
    Thompson—Salcedo—Mavinga—Criscito
    Priso—Bradley—Osorio
    Kerr?—Jimenez—Nelson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Assuming only the only new player available is Criscito and Bradley returns to the 4-3-3:

Westberg
    Thompson—Salcedo—Mavinga—Criscito
    Priso—Bradley—Osorio
    Kerr?—Jimenez—Nelson
    I think it'll be O'Neill at RCB, JMR at RB and Thompson in midfield. Would rather Priso start but Kosi looks like one of BB's favourites and midfield is his natural and better position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The season should be over by next Saturday on Montreal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Scalpers going scalp...and now holding the bag.
    Let’s hope so. I would have a bad taste in my mouth about this if a lot of regular people (which I’m sure there are) are feeling hard done by.

Let’s call a spade a spade here. LI’s injury has been around for about a month, the club could have been a lot more up front with people. Instead, they just decided to jam their hand into everyone’s pockets and take what they could.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Let’s hope so. I would have a bad taste in my mouth about this if a lot of regular people (which I’m sure there are) are feeling hard done by.

Let’s call a spade a spade here. LI’s injury has been around for about a month, the club could have been a lot more up front with people. Instead, they just decided to jam their hand into everyone’s pockets and take what they could.
    So true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

This comment is very fair.
    Particularly, as I, like many others, saw with our eyes, the organization highlight his 'debut' .
    I noted it during several half-time intermissions of prior games on the stadium's j-tron.
    Not nice!
    Stomp.
    Not nice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SarniaTFC View Post
    In Toronto (pop = 4.5 million?) the real football supporters number for the local team is at best equal with the real football supporters number from any European, Central or South American town with a population of about 250,000, which have a 1st or 2nd division team.
    It is sad, and I don't know how many more decades will need to pass until the situation will change in better.

PS: of course is the same (or worse) situation in the whole Canada and the USA, if we look at the different MLS markets.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 07-07-2022 at 06:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    In Toronto (pop = 4.5 million?) the real football fan's number is at best equal with the real football fan's number from any European, Central or South American town with a population of about 250,000.
    It is sad, and I don't know how many more decades will need to pass until the situation will change in better.
    The definition of real football fan in a European or Central or South American town is of support to the local team.

That is not true in Toronto for most real football fans because they did not grow up here, with a team.

It doesn't make those people less of a football fan.

All this is changing though.

Our average attendance is 23k. Every section is more then half full. People in this town want to go out to this sport & see this team in that stadium. They enjoy themselves there.

For those who only see the games on TV, you can't spot the amount of people enjoying themselves after a game - its a VERY young crowd still and the amount of grumpy "dang we lost" people is waaaaay less then what online discussions would indicate.

It is REALLY hard to stand in the south surrounded by people from all over the GTA who come from all over the world who bring their kids to the south & not think this game is growing in this town.

On another note, if our definition of "support = being blindingly upset after a loss", that's not the Toronto way - we support the team and wish they would win but by and large reject the idea of "losing = being grumpy". I think that is way healthier, to be honest, especially in these covid days.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-07-2022 at 06:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    especially in these covid days.
    Maken the comeback! The compromised still be dying. No joke!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    buying season seats to TFC is a mugs game
    you can buy tickets at half the cost of season seats price a day before the game
    Except if TFC advances in the playoffs. People were paying thousands of dollars a ticket to scalpers to be there for the MLS Cup final. But if you don't mind watching the playoffs on TV and just want to watch a few regular season games live I'd tend to agree.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Except if TFC advances in the playoffs. People were paying thousands of dollars a ticket to scalpers to be there for the MLS Cup final. But if you don't mind watching the playoffs on TV and just want to watch a few regular season games live I'd tend to agree.
    Disagree. I had really good season seats in 2017
    mls cup I could not get my seats
    I was kicked out to the nose bleeds in 226
    at most my profit for these maybe $300 for the pair

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Chung still injured? Still think he’s looked better at right back than Kosi, not that either should be starting.
    He played 60 minutes with Toronto FC II on the weekend, so fitness wise he should be okay to play at least one half. Whether Bob rates him quality wise is the question
    Last edited by rydermike; 07-07-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh reported that Salcedo is missing from training today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Singh reported that Salcedo is missing from training today.
    Yup, he’s done. Juarez being announced tomorrow would be my guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, he’s done. Juarez being announced tomorrow would be my guess.
    Hopefully this leads to a major addition in defence. A vocal leader would be preferred.