Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    7 points separate us from the 5th place team at the moment and there are 45 points left up for grabs.

We have MAK, Insigne, Bernardeschi, + 1 more DP and hopefully another defender coming in the next few weeks. The season is not over, but yes, we do have some work to do.

Tonight was beyond frustrating, but the season is not over.
    Feels so much worse than this but I guess entire Eastern Conference isn't that great. This is hopeful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Feels so much worse than this but I guess entire Eastern Conference isn't that great. This is hopeful.
    Demoralizing loss of 2 points. We had 3 easy games at home against dog s.hit teams who were depleted with injuries and two flew across the country, and we get one crappy point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post game thoughts:

The good
    Great weather. The parking tip Gringo gave was excellent, thanks bro. Christio was pretty good. If he didn't go off, we win finally I think. JMR took a pre game photo with my son and his 2 buddies, a nice kid. We scored 2 goals.

Bad
    Another non win in a must win home game. And the playoffs are done. So demoralizing watching us get carved up how we did for both goals. And in extra time not only did we give up a goal, we gave up a breakaway. How does that happen ffs? IS there any defensive awareness/instinct on this team? There is no leadership whatsoever and we continually to give up garbage goals. That's 27 league games in a row without a clean sheet. Bradley taking set pieces again..for the love of God, can someone tell him NEVER to take set pieces. He doesn't have any technical ability but there he is, taking corners, taking free kickss..ffs, leave the skill stuff to you know, players that have skill. Nelso runnign around like a chicken wiht his head cut off, again.

BB strikes again. Tactically lost the first two games and then last night his subs did. Acharra? We are up 2-1 and just need to kill the game and brings him on? He not only gave away 2 points but incredibly tried a bicycle in our OWN BOX. He got fouled doing it but just where did he think the ball was going to go? He had no idea...shows you how little Bb thinks of personel when his "system" is used. We have guys like Thompson out wide with no clue...our D gets sliced open so easily for goals, game after game..and Bb stands there oblivius as it all collapses around him...unbelievable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too many late subs by Bradley and it cost us 2 points.

Oh well, at least the boys showed some fight in the second half, and we are are going to have serious reinforcements coming in soon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once again, the BB presser is worth watching

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...ey-july-9-2022

A bit more talk about "making hard runs"

His take on the last goal was about decision making

A good question from a journo on Nelson - "the confidence to make the right choice....we gotta continue to help him with that" Bradley knows

Molinaro, in essence, why MAK over Priso - a very good answer including "right now Mark is better then Rob" "with some of these guys, they need to get out of their comfort zones"

(hints at BB talking to Masai)

Addresses Salcedo - Salcedo off to LigaMx just not finalised

Singh tries to big up Kerr - BB says not so good first half, better in the second half

BTW, BB's ability to recall events in the game is amazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad someone didn't ask Bob why his son is again taking set pieces. Missed penalties, horrible free kicks going nowhere, corners to the keepers hands..etc.. surely Bob decides who takes them and he has approved it..but why?

And I wish someone asked him just what he was thinking up 2-1 putting on Acharra. It definitely was decision making...but it was bb's dumb decision to put Achara protecting a lead...jsut what did he think Acharra was going to do? And down the drain 2 points go.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW - game flow chart

It misses the Westberg save

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn’t Achara a bitcoin bro? If all his money is in bitcoin, he could be flat broke right now. If so, it could explain his drop in play this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    The season is over, don’t fool yourself
    it’s wishful thinking. It’s a sad reality
    I am a little melancholy today regarding TFC knowing this season is over
    forget the fact the next two games our expected points total from the two games is around 1.5 according to oddsmakers
    wgixh will make our points per game required to make the playoffs impossible
    what previous poster is forgetting is that even if in the e next 5 games we average two points our competitors will average 1.5ppg
    so after 5 games we will have only closed the gap by say 2.5points
    The Achara flub ended the season
    also I watched the highlights what was Mavinga thinking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    The season is over, don’t fool yourself
    it’s wishful thinking. It’s a sad reality
    I am a little melancholy today regarding TFC knowing this season is over
    forget the fact the next two games our expected points total from the two games is around 1.5 according to oddsmakers
    wgixh will make our points per game required to make the playoffs impossible
    what previous poster is forgetting is that even if in the e next 5 games we average two points our competitors will average 1.5ppg
    so after 5 games we will have only closed the gap by say 2.5points
    The Achara flub ended the season
    also I watched the highlights what was Mavinga thinking?

19 points after 19 games...1 pt a game avg. Is this on par with some of the worst expansion sides ever? And right now, we have if I am not mistaken the highest payroll in the league.

Manning out. At this point, anyone would be better than him.

At the game, the wind totally went out of everyone's sails on the tying goal...everyone was desperate for a win, and then we needlessly threw it all away. BB is as much as fault as Acharra, Thompson, Acharra, Mike, and dare I even say Westburgh. How many points has BB cost us already this year?

On replay, the tying goal was literally right at him...I know it was a blast but still. He made a great save on the breakaway then let this one in...and also the first goal, totally defensive miscues starting with Mabvinga, and I haven't had the heart to watch the replays, but it looked almost like a mishit he should have done better with also. Mind you, Westburgh has to be the starter, I never want to see Bono in net again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    19 points after 19 games...1 pt a game avg. Is this on par with some of the worst expansion sides ever? And right now, we have if I am not mistaken the highest payroll in the league.

Manning out. At this point, anyone would be better than him.

At the game, the wind totally went out of everyone's sails on the tying goal...everyone was desperate for a win, and then we needlessly threw it all away. BB is as much as fault as Acharra, Thompson, Acharra, Mike, and dare I even say Westburgh. How many points has BB cost us already this year?

On replay, the tying goal was literally right at him...I know it was a blast but still. He made a great save on the breakaway then let this one in...and also the first goal, totally defensive miscues starting with Mabvinga, and I haven't had the heart to watch the replays, but it looked almost like a mishit he should have done better with also. Mind you, Westburgh has to be the starter, I never want to see Bono in net again.
    in soccer the probability of shot on goal resulting in a goal is 30%
    NYRB game 4 sog for NY 2 goals
    Seattle game 4 sog for Seattle 2 goals
    columbus game. 3 sog for Columbus 2 goals
    San Jose game 3 sog for San Jose 2 goals
    totals 14 shots on goal leading to 8 goals
    the probability of this happening in a legitimate football match is 2%
    revision: take away corner kick goal probability is 4%
    Last edited by stevep; 07-10-2022 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It gets even more interesting
    in those 4 games
    one goal penalty kick
    one goal lack of communication between O’Neil and west burg (NYRB)
    One goal from a shot with expected probability to score location of around5 %
    5 goals where opponent gets behind defenders
    so for say 90 minutes over those 4 games where opponent is in tfc territory
    99% of the time ( time opponent was in tfc half with the ball)
    4*90*.5*.5 90 minutes total opponent had ball in tfc half over the four games
    99% of the time opponent did not get behind our defence
    1% of the time opponent got behind our defence resulting in goal
    funny, not funny haha funny weird

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a GREAT time in the stadium last night. I enjoyed the ups and downs. Note that I had a hearty meal with lots of protein, healthy fat, beer and more at home before cruising down on my bicycle in glorious weather. That put me in the perfect frame of mind to closely watch all the good and bad things that happened in the game, be very interested in them, w/o getting my shorts in a knot at any time. I topped it off with another leisurely bike ride home via a detour, driving very slowly because my brakes barely work. (Bike repair services are all backlogged by multiple weeks, and what usually works to adjust the brakes myself is no longer enough. I DEFINITELY don't want to end up in a hospital right now...)

Unfortunately my wife was too sick to come along, even though we had this game in our calendars since March. I couldn't get rid of my 2nd ticket even for free, but that's OK as well. Life happens. Just like Insigne being injured, so at least she didn't miss his debut. But I kept my N95 mask on throughout the whole game. Nobody else around me wants a stomach virus or bacterial infection that knocks you out for at least 2 weeks. And if I get COVID right now, I will lose my fucking mind.

I'm not going to even read this thread, and I'm sure that mental health professionals would agree with my choice. There are too many massive problems in the world right now to get worked up about a game of footy, or to get upset with fellow supporters.

Peace out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Isn’t Achara a bitcoin bro? If all his money is in bitcoin, he could be flat broke right now. If so, it could explain his drop in play this year.
    He lost half his income, the single largest percentage of income loss of any professional athlete. it made headslines globally, although there was an NFL (NBA?) player who lost millions… but a smaller percentage of his income than Achara, which is depressing on several levels.

I think he needs a USL move. He needs to play regularly. He has some speed and skill but will never get up to pro decision making level if he doesn’t play, and he’s 24 or 25. It’s too late to just “make it” at this level.

We’ve never even determined his best position. It would be a disservice to keep him for two more years at minimum just to cut him because we havent developed him at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So basically to make the playoffs we need to completely invert our first half records and be either the best or second best team in the league the rest of the way. If we go 10-4-1 we might just squeak it.

Crazy as that is, I remember the turnaround when Seba joined us. If Insigne was healthy and playing now it might be possible. Unlikely but possible. But if he’s gone for the next two games we’re probably hosed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I had a GREAT time in the stadium last night. I enjoyed the ups and downs. Note that I had a hearty meal with lots of protein, healthy fat, beer and more at home before cruising down on my bicycle in glorious weather. That put me in the perfect frame of mind to closely watch all the good and bad things that happened in the game, be very interested in them, w/o getting my shorts in a knot at any time. I topped it off with another leisurely bike ride home via a detour, driving very slowly because my brakes barely work. (Bike repair services are all backlogged by multiple weeks, and what usually works to adjust the brakes myself is no longer enough. I DEFINITELY don't want to end up in a hospital right now...)

Unfortunately my wife was too sick to come along, even though we had this game in our calendars since March. I couldn't get rid of my 2nd ticket even for free, but that's OK as well. Life happens. Just like Insigne being injured, so at least she didn't miss his debut. But I kept my N95 mask on throughout the whole game. Nobody else around me wants a stomach virus or bacterial infection that knocks you out for at least 2 weeks. And if I get COVID right now, I will lose my fucking mind.

I'm not going to even read this thread, and I'm sure that mental health professionals would agree with my choice. There are too many massive problems in the world right now to get worked up about a game of footy, or to get upset with fellow supporters.

Peace out!
    Hope you’re both feeling better soon dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    So basically to make the playoffs we need to completely invert our first half records and be either the best or second best team in the league the rest of the way. If we go 10-4-1 we might just squeak it.

Crazy as that is, I remember the turnaround when Seba joined us. If Insigne was healthy and playing now it might be possible. Unlikely but possible. But if he’s gone for the next two games we’re probably hosed.
    If Bob Bradley starts Osorio in the Columbus game and Bono stops the easily stoppable shot
    snd if bB does not substitute Achara and we win both those games
    we are at 24 pts total. Meaning to get to 48 pts we would have only needed to average 1.6ppg rest of the way through to make the playoffs and have all remaining games be meaningful
    BB with his questionable moves in those two games has effectively taken tfc out of playoff contention and rendered all remaining games meaningless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bob Bradley starts Osorio in the Columbus game and Bono stops the easily stoppable shot
    we are at 24 pts total. Meaning to get to 48 pts we would have only needed to average 1.6ppg rest of the way through to make the playoffs and have all remaining games be meaningful
    BB with his questionable moves in those two games has effectively taken tfc out of playoff contention and rendered all remaining games meaningless
    I don’t think it’s unfair to argue that he seems to coach movement and technique well, and is motivationally strong. But it’s fair to say his tactical choices in-game have smacked of team-building exercises when we needed a little ruthlessness.

In essence, I wouldn’t say he wrote the season off early and is experimenting, but I would say he has pushed too far in that direction.

His trust leash for guys like Achara will not, I imagine, extend beyond this year. But he’s a long-term view guy. I understand it but he’s taken it too far, competitively, certainly for fans’ liking.

Maybe the long-term dividends in terms of team trust will be worth it but…. I’m unconvinced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After seeing it again the Achara mistake was a little less bad than I remember yesterday. Still a back-breaker and potentially season-breaker. 4 points from 4 home games is pretty awful no matter how you look at it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fully agreed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Demoralizing loss of 2 points. We had 3 easy games at home against dog s.hit teams who were depleted with injuries and two flew across the country, and we get one crappy point.
    This is true and frustrating looking back at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Maybe a bit unfair to lump him in as a bitcoin bro, Achara had legit reasons for using bitcoin. I remember him saying that he uses bitcoin as a mechanism to send money home to family in Nigeria and using bitcoin helps offset Nigeria's hyper inflation which I think he said was around 20%. Also the Nigerian gov are seizing their citizens foreign bank accounts so it was also a means to avoid the Nigerian banking system. I gather from what I read about it at the time was that he had been using bit coin for a while so with the run up and drop it is more of a dollar cost averaging for him than some bro who was just trying to get rich quick. He seems like a really good kid, really a quality character guy being in his early mid 20s and figuring out ways to look after family half a world away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Maybe a bit unfair to lump him in as a bitcoin bro, Achara had legit reasons for using bitcoin. I remember him saying that he uses bitcoin as a mechanism to send money home to family in Nigeria and using bitcoin helps offset Nigeria's hyper inflation which I think he said was around 20%. Also the Nigerian gov are seizing their citizens foreign bank accounts so it was also a means to avoid the Nigerian banking system. I gather from what I read about it at the time was that he had been using bit coin for a while so with the run up and drop it is more of a dollar cost averaging for him than some bro who was just trying to get rich quick. He seems like a really good kid, really a quality character guy being in his early mid 20s and figuring out ways to look after family half a world away.
    K, thanks, I didn’t know the whole story and really wasn’t trying to smear his name, just used a silly term. My point was that he’s just not the same as he used to be and losing tons of money can do that to people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Also the Nigerian gov are seizing their citizens foreign bank accounts so it was also a means to avoid the Nigerian banking system.
    Ok, this is not about footy at all, but:

How the heck can ANY country seize their citizens' foreign bank accounts, if those citizens are not internationally wanted criminals (see Interpol for ex.). Those foreign accounts are under those foreign countries' jurisdictions!
    I mean not even the USA can do this to it's citizens, and everybody knows the USA has by far the most power worldwide in these kind of matters...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see that Osorio made the team of the week bench. He deserves accolades this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Except if TFC advances in the playoffs. People were paying thousands of dollars a ticket to scalpers to be there for the MLS Cup final. But if you don't mind watching the playoffs on TV and just want to watch a few regular season games live I'd tend to agree.
    amendment to previous statement
    the first 10 games of this season owning season seats was a mugs game
    the last 7 games is a completely different story
    now the only way to afford to see tfc games is if you are a season seat holder
    now good tickets in the aftermarket are unaffordable
    crazy
    Last edited by stevep; 07-11-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post

How the heck can ANY country seize their citizens' foreign bank accounts, if those citizens are not internationally wanted criminals (see Interpol for ex.). Those foreign accounts are under those foreign countries' jurisdictions!
    I mean not even the USA can do this to it's citizens, and everybody knows the USA has by far the most power worldwide in these kind of matters...
    Yeah I may have been off a bit with that, I was posting from memory about an article I had read a while back-I’ve had a bit of a soft spot for Achara ever since reading it

For accuracy here is the link:
    https://voi.id/en/technology/49057/a...ies-in-bitcoin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post

To make this even more OT… this is just my $0.02 as a banker (not a lawyer) with a loose knowledge of the system… It’s not always so black and white.

For example, the US takes the stance that if you hold US dollars, anywhere, you are subject to their laws as it relates to banking and finance. They use this to twist the arms of people for political reasons, tax reasons, and criminal reasons.

There obvious exceptions to the rules of course. And we fill an encyclopedia listing the cases of hypocrisy. But this is what they claim to do…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quite the numbers for Kerr last game:

1 goal
    3 shots
    2 shots on target
    1 post hit
    53 touches
    1 key pass
    31/36 (86%) passes