Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley taking the corner, so it was going nowhere. He's a terrible set piece taker. Not sure why he ever takes them.

Burned on that one by one unfortunate pass.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The kids just don't have the decision-making. Neither do the CBs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Seasons over
    Was thinking the same thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another awful result.....2023 can’t come soon enough....other than a game in Vancouver in a few weeks, this is a lot of practice games to play for the remainder of this season, until meaningful MLS regular season games start in about 7-8 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Achara had a simple sideways pass to Osorio right beside him but he tried to play Jimenez away through the guy marking him. He lost us the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I told myself I'd be happy with a point, so I will pretend to be happy. Being up 2-1 is a tough pill to swallow though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good things for 2023

Criscito
    Kerr
    Oso
    Westberg

Bad things for 2022

Defensive decision making by the CB's
    Nelson overthinking
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-09-2022 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the season is over. It's like 2015 all over again - rebuilding, bringing in good new guys to centre the team around.

So hopefully we'll make MLS Cup next year

We just MUST win the Can Champ this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those lamenting the loss of an international roster spot in the MAK trade can take solace that a new spot will open after Achara is released.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when we were down 1-0, a point was ok. Seeing the potential, though, we once away threw away two points because of... wait for it,

​bad. decision. making.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Good things for 2023

Criscito
    Kerr
    Oso
    Westberg

Bad things for 2022

Defensive decision making by the CB's
    Nelson overthinking
    Can we put Nelson Overthinking as like the defining bad thing?

Also, still encouraged by Petrasso and the like.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On another note

We played with no DP's.

If its Insigne & Berni out there making the offensive decisions & not Nelson & Kerr, we win that game handily.

We played at home against a poor team & should have won but looked lifeless for long stretches & our CB's are fragile.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    On another note

We played with no DP's.

If its Insigne & Berni out there making the offensive decisions & not Nelson & Kerr, we win that game handily.

We played at home against a poor team & should have won but looked lifeless for long stretches & our CB's are fragile.
    The system is working. Ish. Not the right pieces in place yet though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Can we put Nelson Overthinking as like the defining bad thing?

Also, still encouraged by Petrasso and the like.
    Agreed on both. Petrasso played well in a role that won't exist in a couple of weeks.

Nelson not taking the opportunities to be clinical and quick thinking must lose us a lot of xG.

And I'm convinced that Jesus with quicker thinking offensive mates is going to score buckets. You can see him have to slow down mentally to adjust to the youths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The comments behind me whenever Nelson touched the ball were relentless
    man oh man Nelson is bad
    This confirms to me the average fan knows the score with Nelson

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The comments behind me whenever Nelson touched the ball were relentless
    man oh man Nelson is bad
    This confirms to me the average fan knows the score with Nelson
    Thompson close second with his decision making right now - and wasn't he someone people wanted ON the team early this season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Those lamenting the loss of an international roster spot in the MAK trade can take solace that a new spot will open after Achara is released.
    It actually won't (at least until 2024) since Achara occupies one of the "bonus international slots" that can only be occupied by players who have played one full season here, of which we only have 2 of 3 filled. The only player who can be moved into one of those spots next year is Jimenez, so we'll still have one of those spots unused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    It actually won't (at least until 2024) since Achara occupies one of the "bonus international slots" that can only be occupied by players who have played one full season here, of which we only have 2 of 3 filled. The only player who can be moved into one of those spots next year is Jimenez, so we'll still have one of those spots unused.
    If that's the case then I look forward to 2024.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thompson close second with his decision making right now - and wasn't he someone people wanted ON the team early this season?
    in two weeks 3 pylons replaced and hopefully never seen again

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel sorry for the guy but this made me laugh.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seasons over
    I'm not even angry anymore, I expect bad decision making to ruin games now, which is what happened. Hope to get some entertainment in the final few games with Insigne and Bernardeschi and beat Vancouver at minimum for CCL spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Nice game from Kerr. He disappears at times but when he’s on, he’s dangerous
    - Honestly an all around stupid decision to field Achara late in the match up a goal. And his clearance cost us the game.
    - Michael Bradley still can’t take a free kick to save his life.
    - Overall, something just feels off about our strict adherence to this system. Just cause we have great players on the way doesn’t mean we should only play one tune.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to take the contrarian view and state that Nelson, in my opinion, has the highest ceiling of all the young players, except maybe JMR. He will often make a run, beat his man one on one, but then try to beat a 2nd rather than passing to an open teammate, resulting in loss of possession. Fans then get on him because of the final result, but ignore the good done before. To me he has the technical skills to be a real player, he just needs to improve his decision making and awareness. However that can be developed through coaching and experience. Remember he is only 19. There must be a reason that Bob keeps starting him game after game.
    Last edited by NK Toronto; 07-09-2022 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    - Nice game from Kerr. He disappears at times but when he’s on, he’s dangerous
    - Honestly an all around stupid decision to field Achara late in the match up a goal. And his clearance cost us the game.
    - Michael Bradley still can’t take a free kick to save his life.
    - Overall, something just feels off about our strict adherence to this system. Just cause we have great players on the way doesn’t mean we should only play one tune.
    the decision to field Achara ended the season.
    why not Jordan Peruzza? why Achara
    it was actually quite comical if it wasn't so sad to watch when Acharra fall on the beautiful cross by the Shaff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Thomson stands alone in his struggles. Nelson slipped his man and started the sequence for the 2nd goal IIRC. I don’t think Thomson contributed anything, period.

Saying nothing of his ability to be a professional in the long run, cause I think that story is yet to be written, he’s an absolute anchor on this team today. We badly need a starting RB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the decision to field Achara ended the season.
    why not Jordan Peruzza? why Achara
    it was actually quite comical if it wasn't so sad to watch when Acharra fall on the beautiful cross by the Shaff
    In that situation you put on a defender or a midfielder. You don’t plug in a forward. Especially one that is (edit)… at the bottom of your depth chart
    Last edited by ag futbol; 07-09-2022 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Was thinking the same thing.
    7 points separate us from the 5th place team at the moment and there are 45 points left up for grabs.

We have MAK, Insigne, Bernardeschi, + 1 more DP and hopefully another defender coming in the next few weeks. The season is not over, but yes, we do have some work to do.

Tonight was beyond frustrating, but the season is not over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to take the contrarian view and state that Nelson, in my opinion, has the highest ceiling of all the young players, except maybe JMR. He will often make a run, beat his man one on one, but then try to beat a 2nd rather than passing to an open teammate, resulting in loss of possession. Fans then get on him because of the final result, but ignore the good done before. To me he has the technical skills to be a real player, he just needs to improve his decision making and awareness. However that can be developed through coaching and experience. Remember he is only 19. There must be a reason that Bob keeps starting him game after game.
    There is legit no reason why he should be starting real MLS games right now. His mind is clearly not able to keep up with the real pace of the game. A 19 year old should be able to adapt, be fast and learn more in the 5+ months he's been given in the starting line up. Its clear, the man just isnt ready for MLS soccer. I dont care about his skill, if you cant keep up with the pace and decison making involved then you wont be successful in this league. Plain and simple

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Valdal View Post
    There is legit no reason why he should be starting real MLS games right now. His mind is clearly not able to keep up with the real pace of the game. A 19 year old should be able to adapt, be fast and learn more in the 5+ months he's been given in the starting line up. Its clear, the man just isnt ready for MLS soccer. I dont care about his skill, if you cant keep up with the pace and decison making involved then you wont be successful in this league. Plain and simple
    He needs a year on loan to mature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    In that situation you put on a defender or a midfielder. You don’t plug in a forward. Especially one that is (edit)… at the bottom of your depth chart
    Yeah, agree. Thought it was a weird choice. Also wondered why we didn’t start Akinola… and we looked livelier with him on.

I been keen on Kerr since his debut and think he has real promise. None of the other kids look like starting to me (not in the positions they’ve been playing in) though who knows what oa couple of seasons of playing might bring. Was a bit disappointed in Petrasso but he looked good on the wing previously.