Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've spread the field way too much all night. We're always trying to make exit or outlet passes that are too long, with no one close to supporting each other because the lines are spread too far apart.

Tonight hasn't just been on the kids. We were set up very poorly tactically, or at the very least it translated poorly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demoralizing loss. Some things have to change LI or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that’s was just plain bad. At this rate, the only kids that will end up as starters, won’t be for TFC. There wasn’t even any urgency. Maybe JMR, before he’s sold.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 07-02-2022 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Because our best player is the example they all follow.

And it's not a good thing
    I don’t know what exactly you were watching tonight or the rest of the season up until now, but if any of the players he set up tonight had half as much skill as him, we would have one this game very easily. His support out there constantly let’s his created chances go to waste, time and again. I’m not sure what this example is you’re referring to, but when Poz is running harder, attacking better and creating more than everyone else, I guess there is just no pleasing you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolute s.hit show against Seattle’s reserve side.

6 points down the drain at home against depleted sides. And Seattle hit the post on a sitter and had another wide open chance stvthe end. Could have been worse.

Bradley has no clue what he is going.

Akinola was horrible yet again.

Apart from Poz it was a disaster for everyone. I’d be pulling my hair out if I was Poz having to play with the garbage he is surrounded by apart from Jimenez.

Tell me again Bradley supporters, how is he not tactically clueless?

And I ask again, what would it take to hs e Bradley Jr ever subbed off?

6 points firm the drain another missed playoff. Manning escapes any accountability for this over and over. All I can think of is he has nudes on mlse exec keeping him here.

Totally pissed. We have outside Poz and Jesus no quality whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Demoralizing and humiliating. Manning should be fired tonight. And Bradley tomorrow. Insigne must be horrified watching that crap. I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Poz is all we got. He creates space, draws defenders and put balls on silver platters to players who have no clue what to do with it and time after time and waste chances Poz creates.

Poz was the best player on the field by a mile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even Jmr, all he does is pass it back. Safe pass backs that literally anyone can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc needs to average 1.9ppg the rest of the way to make the playoffs
    #bobbradleyout

who in there right mind would get season seats next year
    there was 5 pylons out in the field at any time tonight
    who would pay $100 ticket for this garbage
    anybody that does pay $100/ticket deserves this crap

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We've spread the field way too much all night. "
    At the stadium, we could see the Seattle wingers hug the sidelines.

Our guys never did that.

The ball went out wide, sometimes, and then it stalled for a bit and went backwards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the stadium, we could see the Seattle wingers hug the sidelines.

Our guys never did that.

The ball went out wide, sometimes, and then it stalled for a bit and went backwards.
    you keep saying our guys did this our guys did that
    whi gives a fuck what they did
    theyre all garbage
    Dont you get that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh... at the game and Poz slows the game down.

Skill set doesn't excuse this. And the young guys are emulating this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every player out there slowed it down or were afraid to play positively. The kids played scared and it shouldn't surprise any one of them when/if they end up in the CPL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, got it, you keep saying you were at the game. So, when you were at the game, like, right at the game, did you not see the complete lack of skill, talent, football IQ that I could see - also from the stands?

I honestly don’t even know how to respond to your take on this subject of Poz. It’s baffling, like totally totally baffling when there are so many other problems with players on this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Yup, got it, you keep saying you were at the game. So, when you were at the game, like, right at the game, did you not see the complete lack of skill, talent, football IQ that I could see - also from the stands?

I honestly don’t even know how to respond to your take on this subject of Poz. It’s baffling, like totally totally baffling when there are so many other problems with players on this team.
    Poz was super man out there tonight
    Surrounded by 5 absolute pylons
    what other outcome does anyone expect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz is a problem too though. He is slow and he's taking too long to make passing decisions so he's getting closed down and giving the ball away. He isn't the biggest of our issues but he is one of them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get soccer IQ.

I also get this fascination with the potential of the juke around a player is easy on the eye.

Until you notice it doesn't actually get a shot off

The difference between Poz and Nelson is the % of successful passes that go forward is higher with Poz.

When he first got here, he did a bit of this dribbling through players but we gave him outlets of runners.

Now nobody moves because Poz ALWAYS takes at least 2 extra touches. Wide attack play isn't rewarded. Runs by Jesus & Akinola only get a pass once or twice a game.

This is what we complained about Auro doing.

There is no verticality.

Now as jloome points out, this might be because we are forcing the ball into 2 zones. It's BB's mo in LAFC and... I'm not sure it will work anymore without speed on the wings and a direct threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Poz is a problem too though. He is slow and he's taking too long to make passing decisions so he's getting closed down and giving the ball away. He isn't the biggest of our issues but he is one of them.
    Yeah I completely agree he’s taking too long, because nobody has any sort of attacking instinct to give him an option to pass to. These kids man, when poz gets the ball, they should be attacking the line, giving him options. They don’t. They don’t know what to do, how to attack, and where to run.
    Poz is on another level IQ wise, and I’m sure it’s hard for him to look where he knows he should be looking, and then passing, only to find the players a step behind.
    I’m sorry, but you can’t put this on Poz. None of it.
    If he had MLS quality players around him, he would shine, instead his passes go missed, or the chance never happens because no one is where they should be or know what to do to receive the ball in the right spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t understand the BB two zone idea - I need it explained.

but. Agree with OG re Poz And as a former striker, if your AM doesn’t see the run and move the ball first touch, you do get fed up and it’s hard to make them - not just mentally, but when do you move if you don’t know when the ball will be released. My take is Poz was trying to do too much and in so doing really creates issues for the team. Lots of blame to go around though. None of the young players except Ralph Priso and maybe Kerr were at it tonight. And I agree with JLoome. If you are going to beat a defensive shell, you need someone direct - Shaff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I get soccer IQ.

I also get this fascination with the potential of the juke around a player is easy on the eye.

Until you notice it doesn't actually get a shot off

The difference between Poz and Nelson is the % of successful passes that go forward is higher with Poz.

When he first got here, he did a bit of this dribbling through players but we gave him outlets of runners.

Now nobody moves because Poz ALWAYS takes at least 2 extra touches. Wide attack play isn't rewarded. Runs by Jesus & Akinola only get a pass once or twice a game.

This is what we complained about Auro doing.

There is no verticality.

Now as jloome points out, this might be because we are forcing the ball into 2 zones. It's BB's mo in LAFC and... I'm not sure it will work anymore without speed on the wings and a direct threat.
    Please don’t talk to me like I’m a student in your classroom of soccer knowledge.
    I know soccer too.

Let me ask you what you think would happen if Poz wasn’t there? Do you think suddenly all these players will start to look for runs, increase their intensity and begin attacking in a more effective way than what they’re showing so far? Are they suddenly going to be able to kick a ball at the net from any distance? Control a pass, and show some true quality and score? Make that nice final touch, or pass? I don’t think so, but whatever.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me ask you what you think would happen if Poz wasn’t there?
    It would have been exactly the same. No difference at all.

And what does that say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozuelo is 14th in the league for key passes (despite being ham strung by playing for us) and behind just about every coherent attack we've had this season. The idea that he's not getting the ball to forwards, and so much so that they aren't making runs any more, is frankly insane. He is by far our best player this season.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-02-2022 at 10:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    It would have been exactly the same. No difference at all.

And what does that say?
    Laughable. Seriously, is there such homer blinders on that somehow these kids without our best player are somehow going to turn into stars capable of winning games? Am I being trolled here, because I’m starting to think that’s the only way this conversation has continued. I’m done with this crazy notion of Poz being a problem
    Last edited by TMAN80; 07-02-2022 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Pozuelo is 14th in the league for key passes (despite being ham strung by playing for us) and behind just about every coherent attack we've had this season. The idea that he's not getting the ball to forwards, and so much so that they aren't making runs any more, is frankly insane. He is by far our best player this season.
    I never said that. I just said he is also guilty of slowing the game down. It's true that nobody made any runs for him to pick out but before he made his own space and created his own chances. Looks like he's missing that right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laughable. Seriously, is there such homer blinders on that somehow fuses kids without our best player are somehow going to turn into stars capable of winning games? Am I being trolled here, because I’m starting to think that’s the only way this conversation has continued. I’m done with this crazy notion of Poz being a problem
    I also didn't say that either. I said they would have all stood around, managed nothing, and got shut out. Same as what happened.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing that bothers me about the young guys is how they pass up open space for the safest outlet. A few times it seemed like Kosi wanted the ball out of his feet to shirk responsibility. Like hot potato. I don't get how at least one of these guys don't look back at Richie and how he did things. Sure space might be left open behind but it's worth it when we're creating little. The blueprint is right there and look what it did for us while he was here and where it got Richie in the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, but Poz didn’t do any of what you just said. And that is mostly my whole point. He worked harder, made better plays, and created everything that we had - every time, the chance went to waste with a bad touch, or poor decision, and terrible quality.
    Again, if someone thinks he is the problem, I just don’t know what to say. When one has no help, they tend to try to do it alone, which is his season so far, and will continue until LI arrives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It bothers me too. It comes down to quality in my opinion.
    They know they can’t get past their defender, or if they move into the space their given, they get closed down and lose their “easy, pass responsibility” play and just look bad - something like Nelson does a million times a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t get how in a season where every kid has got a run of minutes Perruzza hasn’t had a sniff of a chance. Jesus looked spent, we are down 2 why not put the kid on for 20 minutes or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

poz this poz that,we need a new back 5.our D is a disaster,seattle s C team carved up the 3.5 mil cb combo all night.you cant go down 2 nil every game and expect to get a results.