Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 18 - Seattle @ TFC - Sat July 2 7:36 Under the Infuence

I got no defence

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always a hunger for redemption.

https://youtu.be/dIxkveUJEKU
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-30-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m going to guess that this game will either see a very surprising effort or an absolute flop. Fingers crossed for a mighty effort! At least that way if they lose it will be palatable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we always got no defense - hopefully our friends Westberg and Salcedo are fine or this one could be rough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we lose here, fire Bradley...and terminate his son's contract also.

And then from the 9th we start fresh and build for next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overreaction squad is here smh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Overreaction squad is here smh
    Just fold the franchise and make everyone happy. Never have to complain about TFC again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Just fold the franchise and make everyone happy. Never have to complain about TFC again.
    I was going to suggest they burn the stadium down. Maybe both?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Giant pyre where we can burn all existing merch so it's like TFC never happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I'm all for this as long as we get a world class 50K outdoor stadium as a replacement!

Asking for the firing of Bob is just trolling, but on the other hand I wouldn't miss Manning,I think his time should have been up after last year's mess, but really for the underwhelming performance the last 3 years combined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm all for this as long as we get a world class 50K outdoor stadium as a replacement!

Asking for the firing of Bob is just trolling, but on the other hand I wouldn't miss Manning,I think his time should have been up after last year's mess, but really for the underwhelming performance the last 3 years combined.
    I get its early to get rid of Bradley...that's the frustration of last night's loss talking....but HE is the one who didn't start Oso in a must win 6 pointer...and he is the one who decided to go the season without outside backs...and very inexperienced backs as well.

Last night, I just felt for Jimenez...he worked his butt off but had no one up front to help...Ako was literally invisible...kerr did nothing...Shaf nothing...its all on Jimenez and Poz's hands to try and creat something while being surrounded by 6 guys....

Anyways, needless to say this is a must win....and Seattle is no joke.

Any word on Shaff's injury? Looking nasty with the blood and he was dazed and didn't have his balance...hope he is alright....thinkign a concusion or some kind of orbital bone damage....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    I get its early to get rid of Bradley...that's the frustration of last night's loss talking....but HE is the one who didn't start Oso in a must win 6 pointer...and he is the one who decided to go the season without outside backs...and very inexperienced backs as well.
    It's not a must win at all though. Not yet. Go look at some seasons that Seattle have had for evidence.

As for Osorio, he is coming back from injury and we're on a 4 matches in 16 days stretch. Since he ran out 60 on Saturday he was probably capped at 30-40 this match. It's senseless to start a player to pull them based on minutes in the first half so using them in the second is the smart and normal thing to do.

The wingbacks situation has been explained many times by many people and was included in my point form note on the roster thread to explain to people where we're at and why. Long story short; this is a roster rebuild at it's very beginning so you see what the foundation is. No point in signing randoms in the winter window when mostly everyone is questionable and more expensive. Next, kids don't count against the cap so if you can bleed some in then you will enjoy some cap relief from it later and they will gain some experience (this is why Seattle is always in the playoff picture). We've been told from day one that the moves will happen this summer in the window. That opens in a week. The goal was to be in good shape by then. As long as we're within a few wins of the playoffs we should be good but....

If Westberg goes down for an extended period then I think we're done. We could sign 7 more TAMs & DPs and we'd probably still drop points.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a must win at all though. Not yet. Go look at some seasons that Seattle have had for evidence.

As for Osorio, he is coming back from injury and we're on a 4 matches in 16 days stretch. Since he ran out 60 on Saturday he was probably capped at 30-40 this match. It's senseless to start a player to pull them based on minutes in the first half so using them in the second is the smart and normal thing to do.

The wingbacks situation has been explained many times by many people and was included in my point form note on the roster thread to explain to people where we're at and why. Long story short; this is a roster rebuild at it's very beginning so you see what the foundation is. No point in signing randoms in the winter window when mostly everyone is questionable and more expensive. Next, kids don't count against the cap so if you can bleed some in then you will enjoy some cap relief from it later and they will gain some experience (this is why Seattle is always in the playoff picture). We've been told from day one that the moves will happen this summer in the window. That opens in a week. The goal was to be in good shape by then. As long as we're within a few wins of the playoffs we should be good but....

If Westberg goes down for an extended period then I think we're done. We could sign 7 more TAMs & DPs and we'd probably still drop points.
    “Senseless to start” Oso? Sometimes I get the impression that certain guys on this site believe that they are speaking to children or baseball fans that have no idea about soccer tactics. You start Oso because when it’s time to pull him off early in the second half and replace him with our low skilled substitutes, they will be playing against the Crews substitutes. Not starting Oso when you are already down your DP defender in Salcedo is Tim Bits coaching that only Bob Bradley is capable of. Why start Oso against Atlanta and not against Columbus? Toronto kept the game close against Atlanta a better team then the Crew, but fell behind with Oso on the bench. Shame on Bradley, no surprise LAFC canned his ass last year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wingbacks explained many times? Huh...no explanation is good enough. Our wingbacks are not MLS players...yet we force kids that aren't even defenders there...we have nothing going forward with them and give up garbage goals over and over again as they can't defend. What was Petrasso doing on the goals last night? He offered zero going forward. Same with the right back who Bradley thinks is turning into Alexander Arnold or something....

We've been told from day one we are here to compete by Manning....not potentially miss the playoffs for the third time in 4 years. Or barely sneak in and go out meekly like we did 2 years back. Our payroll is too high to be scraping into the playoffs. Other teams also are strengtening. Columbus is dog s.hit and they beat us with a depleted roster in our house...and they are getting some reinforcements....we aren't the only team making moves. We have zero wiggle room. Imagine Insigne goes down or Poz or Jimenez? We'd be done instantly. We have no goal scorers other than them and no creative players othere than Os....

I hope it turns out well but this has been a disaster so far this year and last year.

Agreed on Westburgh...if he goes down we are in big trouble...but then again, Bradley loves Bono and plays him so much...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giant pyre where we can burn all existing merch so it's like TFC never happened.
    Perfect, like the giant bonfires in Scheveningen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't burn down the stadium. People will complain about how long it took to burn to the ground and why the fire started in the north end instead of the south end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long weekend, great weather forecast. Let's hope it's a packed house with vocal fans. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Long weekend, great weather forecast. Let's hope it's a packed house with vocal fans. Can't wait.
    I'll be there and the 9th. Lets win both...need a winning streak to get into the playoff mix.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're definitely feeling the ripples of Curtis (and honestly to some extent, Bez re: youth academy) - this rebuild is going to be painful but hopefully relatively short as we develop both chemistry and the foundation of a more sustainable club - one that both spends where it can and develops where it should.

Speaking to the match, it'll probably a replay of Wednesday unless Salcedo/Q can play again - give up a (couple of) poorly positioned goal(s) then the quality of the offense picks up, that will probably determine if we pick up one or three (hopefully not zero).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle's offence is much better then Columbus.

This game is likely to be ugly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seattle's offence is much better then Columbus.

This game is likely to be ugly.
    The only things that can help us are Salcedo & Westberg. Without them it will be a rough night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we* stop with the MUST WIN 6 POINTER!!!!!@@ bs, it's mid-season, there are no genuine must-win games at this point. As for the 6 pointer stuff, I suggest looking at the standings because nearly half the teams in the East would probably fall under that definition. This isn't abnormal for MLS especially when, again, it's mid-sason.

Yesterday was a bad result but nowhere near the back breaker some people make it out to be

*by we, I mean like 1 or 2 posters

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Can we* stop with the MUST WIN 6 POINTER!!!!!@@ bs, it's mid-season, there are no genuine must-win games at this point. As for the 6 pointer stuff, I suggest looking at the standings because nearly half the teams in the East would probably fall under that definition. This isn't abnormal for MLS especially when, again, it's mid-sason.

Yesterday was a bad result but nowhere near the back breaker some people make it out to be

*by we, I mean like 1 or 2 posters
    Yea sure and then the season ends you look at the standings and see your team missed the playoffs by one point and you say fuck remember that game late in June…….

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yea sure and then the season ends you look at the standings and see your team missed the playoffs by one point and you say fuck remember that game late in June…….
    in a rebuilding year that you seem to not have accepted yet with no expectations

yeah if we make the playoffs thats a bonus

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people don't show up except during losses, I figured its better to mute then engage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the option to go to this game. I’m 0-4 this year but only seen one home game. Should I take one for the team and stay home?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    I have the option to go to this game. I’m 0-4 this year but only seen one home game. Should I take one for the team and stay home?
    ALWAYS go to a game - its not your fault. Will be a fun good weather night & likely a good crowd. If I only went when a win was likely, I would never have gone before 2015.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ALWAYS go to a game - its not your fault. Will be a fun good weather night & likely a good crowd. If I only went when a win was likely, I would never have gone before 2015.
    4 games, 4 loses.
    I gave Chris Armas a fist bump last year so I was concerned there was a connection. I’ll be there so we will see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    4 games, 4 loses.
    I gave Chris Armas a fist bump last year so I was concerned there was a connection. I’ll be there so we will see
    Sorry dude you might have to have your hand amputated-its the only way to be sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever did the schedule did some nice work. I really like this run of games against hated teams:Red Bulls, MTL, ATL Columbus and now Seattle, would love to see something similar next season