Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    I never heard once Manning say this was a rebuilding year and we can miss the playoffs. Its completely unacceptable. He was the one that brough his clueless buddy Curtis here...he brought the other coach (forgot his name he was so bad)...all Red Bulls rejects...and it was a disaster. Manning has to be accountable for the mess he created.
    He never said it but as a realist I know cleaning up the fiasco caused by Curtis (yes Manning's fault) would take time and any new manager deserves three windows before axes fall. Doing anything now to Manning would undermine where we are now and might set us back even further because you never know who we might get in or what their philosphy may be. Could add another tear down and rebuild year to the whole thing or maybe another Curtis who randomly chose players based on whatever he could find.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

I have no defense for Bradley using Bono so much unless they thought showcasing him early could maybe get him sold in the summer. There really is no other excuse.
    Bono scares the crap out of me...and no doubt his teammates. Did you see late last night, on a passback his pass out wide was so nearly picked off by the forward who got a piece of it when there was all the time in the world to make the pass, yet he almost made a meal out of it....he has zero distribution ability. Or his adventure one time when he came a mile out of the net...luckily no goal.

Oh well, hopefully we can win Saturday, time to start a winning streak. I won't accept missing the playoffs again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He never said it but as a realist I know cleaning up the fiasco caused by Curtis (yes Manning's fault) would take time and any new manager deserves three windows before axes fall. Doing anything now to Manning would undermine where we are now and might set us back even further because you never know who we might get in or what their philosphy may be. Could add another tear down and rebuild year to the whole thing or maybe another Curtis who randomly chose players based on whatever he could find.
    Agreed its not fair to Bradley Sr but he has made some bone headed decisions this year already and I am not liking what he has done so far...but with Insigne coming, it all could turn around even if the defense is a shambles and in the middle of the park Bradley/Priso just aren't good enough.

When though does Manning get the ax? Imagine how bad we'd be if we didn't have our financial power? Imagine Manning at a small market club, how bad would the team be then? He somehow escapes any accountability time and time again....not sure why. TFC can do MUCH better than Manning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if we miss the playoffs this year, you will give Manning a pass? When would you say enough is enough and he needs to go?

I never heard once Manning say this was a rebuilding year and we can miss the playoffs. Its completely unacceptable. He was the one that brough his clueless buddy Curtis here...he brought the other coach (forgot his name he was so bad)...all Red Bulls rejects...and it was a disaster. Manning has to be accountable for the mess he created.
    we ditched 19 senior players including 2 DPs and multiple TAM players, it was always incredibly clear this was a rebuilding season.

and i would far rather have a mediocre half a season, then add some pieces only available in the summer (insigne, criscito, etc) than bring in MLS journeymen (dwyer, mullins) that we'd be stuck with for years just bc they happen to be available in january.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When though does Manning get the ax? Imagine how bad we'd be if we didn't have our financial power? Imagine Manning at a small market club, how bad would the team be then? He somehow escapes any accountability time and time again....not sure why. TFC can do MUCH better than Manning.
    I don't think he does unless there's a severe loss of money. I mean big.

However I think that if he was to get it all wrong and Insigne is a bust and all the moves fail then we will see another Bez / Curtis type guy come in to run TFC and Manning will go back to toying with the Argos and helping out with MLSE real estate ventures.

And Manning already was successful at a small market club. That's why he's here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we* stop with the MUST WIN 6 POINTER!!!!!@@ bs, it's mid-season, there are no genuine must-win games at this point. As for the 6 pointer stuff, I suggest looking at the standings because nearly half the teams in the East would probably fall under that definition. This isn't abnormal for MLS especially when, again, it's mid-sason.

Yesterday was a bad result but nowhere near the back breaker some people make it out to be

*by we, I mean like 1 or 2 posters

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people don't show up except during losses, I figured its better to mute then engage.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Can we* stop with the MUST WIN 6 POINTER!!!!!@@ bs, it's mid-season, there are no genuine must-win games at this point. As for the 6 pointer stuff, I suggest looking at the standings because nearly half the teams in the East would probably fall under that definition. This isn't abnormal for MLS especially when, again, it's mid-sason.

Yesterday was a bad result but nowhere near the back breaker some people make it out to be

*by we, I mean like 1 or 2 posters
    Yea sure and then the season ends you look at the standings and see your team missed the playoffs by one point and you say fuck remember that game late in June…….

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yea sure and then the season ends you look at the standings and see your team missed the playoffs by one point and you say fuck remember that game late in June…….
    in a rebuilding year that you seem to not have accepted yet with no expectations

yeah if we make the playoffs thats a bonus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the option to go to this game. I’m 0-4 this year but only seen one home game. Should I take one for the team and stay home?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    I have the option to go to this game. I’m 0-4 this year but only seen one home game. Should I take one for the team and stay home?
    ALWAYS go to a game - its not your fault. Will be a fun good weather night & likely a good crowd. If I only went when a win was likely, I would never have gone before 2015.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    ALWAYS go to a game - its not your fault. Will be a fun good weather night & likely a good crowd. If I only went when a win was likely, I would never have gone before 2015.
    4 games, 4 loses.
    I gave Chris Armas a fist bump last year so I was concerned there was a connection. I’ll be there so we will see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 games, 4 loses.
    I gave Chris Armas a fist bump last year so I was concerned there was a connection. I’ll be there so we will see
    Sorry dude you might have to have your hand amputated-its the only way to be sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever did the schedule did some nice work. I really like this run of games against hated teams:Red Bulls, MTL, ATL Columbus and now Seattle, would love to see something similar next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 games, 4 loses.
    I’d say that memory alone has probably caused you enough pain to tip the scales by now, you’re fine.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 games, 4 loses.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow this will be the 3rd match I've gone to in 2 weeks - kinda excited.

Usually I stay up in my little corner in the 200's but might come down and chat with some peeps.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 games, 4 loses.
    I am going to balance you out. I was at the home opener which was a loss but besides that I have only been able to make it to a handful this year and they won every time I went and I am going to be there tomorrow too. Crisis averted…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always like going to TFC games. I live more than an hour from Toronto but usually make a day of it to go to the games. Due to work travel I’m in the US more than at home so I’ve taken in 3 road games, NYC, Columbus and Cincinnati. Nothing beat being home and extra bums in the seats help build better teams. Going to be back to back games in Toronto for me as I’m definitely going next week too.

Edit - I should mention that road TFC games are incredibly cheap so it’s nice not getting the wallet lobotomy that MLSE give us.
    Last edited by Webdogg; 07-01-2022 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game day! I’m not reading the thread just ‘cause. But I am going to go to the game. Seattle! MLS Cup x 3! Frei! MB! Poz! Oso! And judging from training photo, SHAFF! Yutes. Jesus. Will be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Bono is starting , not sure how bad Qs injury is

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Looks like Bono is starting , not sure how bad Qs injury is
    All hope for a clean sheet is lost.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always like going to TFC games. I live more than an hour from Toronto but usually make a day of it to go to the games. Due to work travel I’m in the US more than at home so I’ve taken in 3 road games, NYC, Columbus and Cincinnati. Nothing beat being home and extra bums in the seats help build better teams. Going to be back to back games in Toronto for me as I’m definitely going next week too.

Edit - I should mention that road TFC games are incredibly cheap so it’s nice not getting the wallet lobotomy that MLSE give us.
    Well, it's $1,600 usually just for me and the wife to fly in, so we have to time any games with visiting other family in Ottawa. Still, I figure four three-day weekends over the last decade have probably run us close to ten grand.

One more reason I loooove living out west. (Note dripping sarcasm.)

I've sort of got her sold on the idea of retiring somewhere nearby, but Ontario's housing prices might rule that out. Still, if we ended up near the rest of my family it's a lot easier to get to games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All hope for a clean sheet is lost.
    Hey, we get the odd game from him like Chicago last year, with 18 stops. Fingers crossed they never shoot from deep, as he has the worst reaction time/pickup of the ball I've ever seen. Most of his value is reaction keeping.

This will be tough although Seattle has injuries and is apparently resting some people. But Kosi Thompson gets to keep up with Morris' sprinter speed, so that should be interesting.

Even after the CCL Seattle has shown moments of surprising vulnerability or distraction. They're tough to press against because of their speed on the wings but their backline is suspect if we can get on them quickly. Might see BB press high, then leave an extra player back to shield the back, force them to try and play through the center.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Downtown is rammed - Blue Jay's, TFC, long weekend.

Bars full

City is alive again

Expect a good crowd tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continually amazed by anyone saying playoffs is a bonus or not an expectation. Qualifying in this league is a joke and you have to be truly terrible not to make the playoffs.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we have been terrible.

Speaking of which, Petrescu is the ref tonight.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching Q warm up & kicking right to a spot out of his hand in warmups.

Sooooo much better...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well we have been terrible.

Speaking of which, Petrescu is the ref tonight.
    My kid is good friends with his kid. It’s all I can do to not post his address after some games. Lucky for him the vast majority of MLS refs are bad which doesn’t make him stand out too much.

I’ve always wondered why MLS can’t just fly in random crews like all other sports. It just seems the more local the ref the more you see them.

(Note: he’s honestly a decent guy and his entire family is very nice. He does a fine job holding up the substitute board, he just can’t ref)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like Insigne is on the pitch....

(A kid that looks his son doing some kicks with Mavinga)