Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This has been happening to Pozuelo, Bradley, and Osorio a lot recently and I think it's probably poor communication from the kids. They aren't yelling these instructions or warnings out to vets. Most of our young guys never seem to yell anything out including calling for the ball when wide open.
    This is a really odd fact, people yell out stuff like this in rec leagues. For a professional to communicate seems like a minimum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Just block them, dude. Trolls be trolls

If all you ever offer is crticism, you don't take part in the community except after a loss or to call for people to be fired, you're a troll. This is a fan community. If you aren't taking part in both sides and seeing the team with any nuance... you're a troll.

These people already know how annoyign they are. They showed up regular on WTR, they show up on Reddit. They are incapable of having a nuanced conversation. They will simply see any comment that doesn't reflect utter negativity as stupid or an attack, because they have no interest in what others here have to say.

They're just here to vent. Which, of course, no other human being wants to listen to as a continual stream. It's miserable.

But they don't care that they're ruining the conversation for numerous others, that some of the best posters on this board -- Ensco, anyone, Coach, Jack? -- no longer come here because they're sick of dealing with juvenile whiners without anything positive to say.

They're not hear to engage you, they're here to vent. So don't give them the satisfaction. Block them and make sure you login when you visit. Eventually, when no one takes part on the whine fest, they'll take it somewhere else.

Hey Man,

I don't consider myself a troll and spent a lot on this club.

It is human nature for people to post more after a loss than a win.

I have rarely posted after a game as I like to sleep on it and reflect.

We as fans should be able to share our opinions without being attacked -or being told we are weak as a fan, or this a re-build year -when in-fact the rebuild started when Seba wasnt re-signed and has been unstable at best combined with the fact the manager leading us has made more lazy connections then doing due diligence beyond their rolodex- ali and armas are prime example, bradley SR could also be .

The fact Auro and Lawrence were both deemed useless when it seems like those two would make significant impact doesn't make sense at all - except Bradley SR didnt like their personality or attitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Hey Man,

We as fans should be able to share our opinions without being attacked -or being told we are weak as a fan, or this a re-build year -when in-fact the rebuild started when Seba wasnt re-signed and has been unstable at best combined with the fact the manager leading us has made more lazy connections then doing due diligence beyond their rolodex- ali and armas are prime example, bradley SR could also be .

The fact Auro and Lawrence were both deemed useless when it seems like those two would make significant impact doesn't make sense at all - except Bradley SR didnt like their personality or attitude.
    i share JLoome’s disdain for those who only show up on the boards to trash the team - or certain players - after a loss. Particularly with the lack of understanding of football, the history of the club, or recent good performances that is often evident in these rants. Yes, we all have different ways of expressing our support for the club, but this behaviour isn’t expressing support. Plus it offers no insight on the team or the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I'm sorry but 'eye appraisal' is meaningless vs output. Output is measurable. His output, given the tools he has to work with, is frankly fantastic. That is statistically measurable and is undeniable.

This is the equivalent of a manager going to their sales team, picking out the person whose sold magnitudes higher than anyone else, whose selling at a national level despite selling a crap product and saying 'yeah but to my eye test you should be doing it like the others who do it way worse than you do'

There's no magic formula that says quick possession is better, or Xavi and Iniesta wouldn't have been two of the greatest play making, creative mid fielders of all time. Those two moved the ball so slowly, and took so many touches, would you be criticizing them if they played for Toronto FC? Did they pass the eye test?
    output? Zero goals zero assists v Seattle. And that’s his job. Good player, but not at his best, perhaps due to the effects of the long term injury mentioned above. My guess is he was trying too hard, so kept the ball far more than in the games where he creates and scores goals, often being dispossessed by Seattle because he ran into a cup de sac - but as a result we scored no goals. His entire job is to create and score goals, so if you want to go to output it was Zero. And therefore not good enough, at the moment, for a player with his talent and in his position.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 07-05-2022 at 06:44 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not in completely with Doyle's analysis (Insigne on the right?!?!) but this piece & then the accompanying video on the first goal is instructive.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/insig...nus-games-more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I'm not in completely with Doyle's analysis (Insigne on the right?!?!) but this piece & then the accompanying video on the first goal is instructive.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/insig...nus-games-more
    teally great find Og. Thanks for posting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    He has no choice, others cant play at his level and with his vision other than Jesus and you see how they link up together...Poz the assist the other night, Jesus the pass that Poz almost scored on.

Poz tries his best to set guys up..did you see the move to set Priso free who completely wasted it over the net? The multiple passes to Thompson who hesitates and then wastes it...to Kerr as well?
    Soteldo played last year with worse attacking options than Poz is this year plus dealt with worse managers/tactics + chaos yet he managed to rack up a decent amount of assists and a few goals while not giving a shit about the team at all.

At this point in the season it would be very hard to say Poz 1st half of 2022 has been more effective than Soteldo 2021 and we all know how fondly Soteldo is remembered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Soteldo played last year with worse attacking options than Poz is this year plus dealt with worse managers/tactics + chaos yet he managed to rack up a decent amount of assists and a few goals while not giving a shit about the team at all.

At this point in the season it would be very hard to say Poz 1st half of 2022 has been more effective than Soteldo 2021 and we all know how fondly Soteldo is remembered.
    Poz has four goals and five assists already on an awful team.

Eight and 10 on this team over a season is substantially better than three goals and six assists we got from Soteldo, not to mention the distractions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    output? Zero goals zero assists v Seattle. And that’s his job. Good player, but not at his best, perhaps due to the effects of the long term injury mentioned above. My guess is he was trying too hard, so kept the ball far more than in the games where he creates and scores goals, often being dispossessed by Seattle because he ran into a cup de sac - but as a result we scored no goals. His entire job is to create and score goals, so if you want to go to output it was Zero. And therefore not good enough, at the moment, for a player with his talent and in his position.
    If your output is zero any game you have no goals or assists than theres games Lionel Messi has been absolutely shit according to you

Here's the highlights of our previous match -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDB0HNKFXw

Notice literally every shot we take in this, and I mean literally every single shot we take bar one that was offsite, was either taken by Pozuelo or he was the one to create it. If he's our problem, we must be the best team in the league. Pointing out a single match and saying he didn't score or assist in this one match is an absurd way to judge anyones output and I cannot believe it's an argument you'd make in good faith.
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 07-05-2022 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Hey Man,

Well said bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    If your output is zero any game you have no goals or assists than theres games Lionel Messi has been absolutely shit according to you

Here's the highlights of our previous match -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDB0HNKFXw

Notice literally every shot we take in this, and I mean literally every single shot we take bar one that was offsite, was either taken by Pozuelo or he was the one to create it. If he's our problem, we must be the best team in the league. Pointing out a single match and saying he didn't score or assist in this one match is an absurd way to judge anyones output and I cannot believe it's an argument you'd make in good faith.
    Bingo, well said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    i share JLoome’s disdain for those who only show up on the boards to trash the team - or certain players - after a loss. Particularly with the lack of understanding of football, the history of the club, or recent good performances that is often evident in these rants. Yes, we all have different ways of expressing our support for the club, but this behaviour isn’t expressing support. Plus it offers no insight on the team or the game.

Well, I have put the other one on ignore after his comments...but will give you another chance even dispite your disdain, ouch! ))) But am very curious, who are you thinking has a lack of understanding of football? And compared to whom? Enquiring minds want to know.

Cheers.

I'll be at the game again this Saturday, 4 quality tickets again, food, drink...and thanks to a great parking tip from my good friend Gringo Starr...at least I'll save a tonne on parking.

Onward to victory!