Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    The probability of scoring from the spot the first goal was shot from is 2.5%
    the average mls keeper stops the first shot 97.5%!of the tome
    is this too difficult for you to understand
    That isn't what the xG stats means. It's just the chances of scoring from a shot from that spot. Doesn't mean that it's saved 97% of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That isn't what the xG stats means. It's just the chances of scoring from a shot from that spot. Doesn't mean that it's saved 97% of the time.
    You mean shots could be blocked
    Or shot off the net
    is that what you mean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or shot off the net
    is that what you mean
    My understanding is that xG doesn't consider the quality of the shot from that spot. It's based on the average shot from that position. So, maybe Bono could have/should have stopped the first goal, but it was a hard shot driven into the top corner. That shot certainly goes in more often than 3% of the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The probability of scoring from the spot the first goal was shot from is 2.5%
    the average mls keeper stops the first shot 97.5%!of the tome
    is this too difficult for you to understand
    That's not at all what that means, like at all. If I flip a coin I've a 50% chance of it landing on heads. That doesn't mean that the person I'm betting against should prevent it from landing on heads 50% of the time, and that if it lands on heads this one time they've done anything wrong. If Messi scores an absolute world class goal from a tight angle with a 2.5% xg that doesn't mean a better goalkeeper saves it 97.5% of the time, if the shots good enough, every goalkeeper saves it 0% of the time.

Think people are very results orientated. We were the better team and we win that game more often than we lose. I think we still have issues (Not great on the full back, still think Michael Bradley is a huge issue and was very poor last night, we continue to use our best player by a wide margin in a less than efficient manner) but overall we're doing okay with the resources we have and played decently. The real test now is who else we can get in and what we do with them once we have it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I find really interesting is that somebody that lives in the middle of no where Canada and doesn’t spend a cent on tfc tickets has the audacity to get angry at people that spend there hard earned money on tfc tickets and are treated to garbage football
    and are not allowed to complain
    How dare you
    It's your football club, not a happy meal. Had you ever once
    posted anything that wasn't petulant whining people might take some of your incessant bitching seriously, rather than mocking it.

Take your mock outrage back to whineville, you sound like an
    Impact fan.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it is a change from the whole "MLS is corrupt & all the games are fixed" stuff we used to hear from certain quarters.

Complain, sure.

Constantly find the worst & only be on here during the worst?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Im not sure what the majority of y'all saw. But what I saw every time TFC had possession was 1 TFC player with the ball surrounded by 2-3 CLB players consistently.

No one made a move or provided support it was literally always TFC being out numbered offensively and even defensively CLB always had more players surrounding TFC.

The high press doesnt work as Bradley' isnt clutch - as you seen from the easy tap in he had. I do feel bad as the whole stadium doesnt understand his shooting accuracy and it is unfortunate twice in the game he had the best chance to shoot from 18 Yards out.

The game definitely changed when OSO jumped in, the most annoying part is the backwards passing or the obvious passing from inexperienced players to, bradley or poz everytime without fail.

This changed once OSO was on, OSO and POZ and sometimes Jesus would play within themselves - with OSO the ball kept moving forward and his subtle shifts opened up so much. The key factor was they never even looked to the center of the pitch to involve bradley except when they need a release valve.

The backwards passing and always going to bradley or pozo is something that is being coached in them including poz - he isnt the same player and doesnt make sense that he was receiving the ball in front of TFC's CB-no sense at all.

I get he is doing well and great at tackling but - I rather conserve his energy in the offensive side of the field.

Nelson was bad.
    Bono was bad - made one pass by his feet rest with his arms- no command and control by contrast to when Q salcedo and mavinga were playing.

Happy for Jesus goal- the wins against shitty teams doesnt change the fact this team and the payroll should be in a much better position -especially considering the fact manning has been here and a consistent for years.

Im not sold on Bob- as he seems sometimes his choices are personal based vs performance based.

The game was boring and the build up was insanely slow- compared to the two previous wins.

why it took Q to get a look that long into the season never makes sense- the shut out was first of the season but first in two seasons -correct going back to 41 games or something?

crowed clearly was not impressed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    It's your football club, not a happy meal. Had you ever once
    posted anything that wasn't petulant whining people might take some of your incessant bitching seriously, rather than mocking it.

Take your mock outrage back to whineville, you sound like an
    Impact fan.
    actually i was quite complimentary of tfc after the impact game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    So Im not sure what the majority of y'all saw. But what I saw every time TFC had possession was 1 TFC player with the ball surrounded by 2-3 CLB players consistently.

No one made a move or provided support it was literally always TFC being out numbered offensively and even defensively CLB always had more players surrounding TFC.

The high press doesnt work as Bradley' isnt clutch - as you seen from the easy tap in he had. I do feel bad as the whole stadium doesnt understand his shooting accuracy and it is unfortunate twice in the game he had the best chance to shoot from 18 Yards out.

The game definitely changed when OSO jumped in, the most annoying part is the backwards passing or the obvious passing from inexperienced players to, bradley or poz everytime without fail.

This changed once OSO was on, OSO and POZ and sometimes Jesus would play within themselves - with OSO the ball kept moving forward and his subtle shifts opened up so much. The key factor was they never even looked to the center of the pitch to involve bradley except when they need a release valve.

The backwards passing and always going to bradley or pozo is something that is being coached in them including poz - he isnt the same player and doesnt make sense that he was receiving the ball in front of TFC's CB-no sense at all.

I get he is doing well and great at tackling but - I rather conserve his energy in the offensive side of the field.

Nelson was bad.
    Bono was bad - made one pass by his feet rest with his arms- no command and control by contrast to when Q salcedo and mavinga were playing.

Happy for Jesus goal- the wins against shitty teams doesnt change the fact this team and the payroll should be in a much better position -especially considering the fact manning has been here and a consistent for years.

Im not sold on Bob- as he seems sometimes his choices are personal based vs performance based.

The game was boring and the build up was insanely slow- compared to the two previous wins.

why it took Q to get a look that long into the season never makes sense- the shut out was first of the season but first in two seasons -correct going back to 41 games or something?

crowed clearly was not impressed.
    Well said and fully agreed.

My question, the elephant in the room if you will, what would it take for Bradley jr to get benched or subbed? No matter how he plays, he stays on. Will his dad ever bench him if he isn't playing well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I find really interesting is that somebody that lives in the middle of no where Canada and doesn’t spend a cent on tfc tickets has the audacity to get angry at people that spend there hard earned money on tfc tickets and are treated to garbage football
    and are not allowed to complain
    How dare you
    Agreed.

I sat through that opening day s.hit show and was fuming. That wasn't even competing, that was an absolute embarrassment. Am excited about Isngine coming though, can't wait to see him on the 9th. HIm and Poz and Jimenez should make a great trio.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post

My question, the elephant in the room if you will, what would it take for Bradley jr to get benched or subbed? No matter how he plays, he stays on. Will his dad ever bench him if he isn't playing well?
    I say not until Priso shows he can do the job consistently as good as Bradley or else in 2024. Whichever comes first. At present I expect MB to start this year and next no matter how tattered and worn down he must be.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post

it's a fair question but not too relevant so far this year as he's been one of our better/ best players.

there's no point in the season so far where i thought we'd have been improved by taking MB off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or shot off the net
    is that what you mean
    Yeah, exactly. Shots from outside the box almost always have a lower xG than closer range. It was actually a great strike imo that Bono didn't have much chance on. Should really have been closed down by a defender though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Shots from outside the box almost always have a lower xG than closer range. It was actually a great strike imo that Bono didn't have much chance on. Should really have been closed down by a defender though.
    did Bono have a chance on that shot
    let’s analyze and see
    a quick search on Google yielded the following
    On a penalty kick the keeper can move from the centre of the net to one of the posts in 600 milliseconds
    the shot arrives in approximately 500milliseconds
    now the Columbus shot was taken roughly at twice the distance from goal as the distance a penalty kick
    I actually watched it on YouTube and it took around 800milliseconds ( I timed it)
    now Bono did not have to move the full four yards from the centre to the post
    he only had to move about one yard
    so his travel time is roughly 150 milliseconds
    also, watch the play on YouTube in 0.25 speed
    Bono dives sideways not upwards to meet the ball
    So to sum up travel time 800milliseconds of ball
    time Bono needed to get to ball 150milliseconds
    you make your own conclusion
    i have made mine but I’m not going to post it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did Bono have a chance on that shot
    let’s analyze and see
    a quick search on Google yielded the following
    On a penalty kick the keeper can move from the centre of the net to one of the posts in 600 milliseconds
    the shot arrives in approximately 500milliseconds
    now the Columbus shot was taken roughly at twice the distance from goal as the distance a penalty kick
    I actually watched it on YouTube and it took around 800milliseconds ( I timed it)
    now Bono did not have to move the full four yards from the centre to the post
    he only had to move about one yard
    so his travel time is roughly 150 milliseconds
    also, watch the play on YouTube in 0.25 speed
    Bono dives sideways not upwards to meet the ball
    So to sum up travel time 800milliseconds of ball
    time Bono needed to get to ball 150milliseconds
    you make your own conclusion
    i have made mine but I’m not going to post it
    this is why expected goal is 2.5% or slightly more maybe double
    the physics don’t lie

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is why expected goal is 2.5% or slightly more maybe double
    the physics don’t lie
    The XG should just be double whenever Bono is in net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The XG should just be double whenever Bono is in net.
    He pulled a very similar stunt in the Columbus game earlier in the year
    A grandmother could have stopped that shot in the Columbus game in March
    please explain to me how he does not stop that shot
    watch it slow motion on YouTube
    he had to move a foot to reach the shot
    Last edited by stevep; 07-01-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prediction: Bono takes massive pay cut on his next contract (hopefully somewhere else).

Question: How does he play so badly, but never gets called out by the media that follows the team? Except for little comments in-game. Is he so sensitive he can’t take it? If so, professional sports is probably not his thing.
    Last edited by Kamp Berg; 07-01-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Prediction: Bono takes massive pay cut on his next contract (hopefully somewhere else).

Question: How does he play so badly, but never gets called out by the media that follows the team? Except for little comments in-game. Is he so sensitive he can’t take it? If so, professional sports is probably not his thing.
    I could see him take a Zavaleta type deal to be a back up at LAG and Vanney will use him more than he should.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I could see him take a Zavaleta type deal to be a back up at LAG and Vanney will use him more than he should.
    Sounds about right, all the power to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    it's a fair question but not too relevant so far this year as he's been one of our better/ best players.

there's no point in the season so far where i thought we'd have been improved by taking MB off.

exactly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not trying to defend him on this as I also thought he should have saved the shot. But in the replay I saw him leaning to his right because it looked like he was screened and then the shot went to his left and he didn't react quick enough