Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Tbh I’ve barely seen any RBP presence since footy returned to BMO. I figure other groups absorbed a lot of active members?
    Its like in losing Joes we lost more than a gathering place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Character win tonight. 2 solid performances in a row.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That was awesome!!! Great game to experience in the stadium.

Only concern: I'm a bit worried about Westberg. After he was down, he kicked a couple out of touch, which is very uncharacteristic for him. Just wondering if he picked up a knock.
    It's possible, I hope not. Westberg was excellent most of the game, you really saw it on the free kick against TFC in the second half, he organized the defence really well for that shot. The one goal against him was class, no one would have stopped that one. Once he got a few games under his belt you really can see how much better organized TFC's defence is with him in goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Priso’s post-game comments were spot on. Intelligent young dude.
    For those of us who were still in the stands, what did he say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    World-class tackle.
    JLoome, half the stadium rose in an ovation for that - likely not visible from Northern Alberta. Also, Ayo looked really tired and down when he came off until he realized there was a huge ovation for him and you could see him respond. Fantastic from the supporters.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, the iq of the fans was good tonight.

Solid play got ovations.

We are a town of many sports - soccer is one of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Poz was very good tonight. Lots of amazing passes. he still looks gassed all the time but this was his best game this year and likely last year as well, really encouraging.

\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a great night. My first game back since the season opener. I love those night games. The temperature was perfect and one of the long time SS holders who I haven’t seen in two years has a 7 month old baby. Crazy!

Excellent game from the team. Lots of rough edges, especially with passing. But a big 3 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AAAAAnd - MB was very good tonight. Needs to be said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That was a great night. My first game back since the season opener. I love those night games. The temperature was perfect and one of the long time SS holders who I haven’t seen in two years has a 7 month old baby. Crazy!

Excellent game from the team. Lots of rough edges, especially with passing. But a big 3 points.
    Hey! My first game since the season opener also! (Too busy watching Wout Weghorst videos, i am sure you know how that is)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus not his best tonight. And Shaff scores if he hits it first time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Hey! My first game since the season opener also! (Too busy watching Wout Weghorst videos, i am sure you know how that is)
    Lol. I didn’t realize how much I missed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we can keep this form until Insigne and Criscito arrive we will be in good shape.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/lates...o-june-25-2022

This is a very mature presser for a guy his age.

"On a personal standpoint, I think I can do better"

BB has instilled into these guys a much different mindset where guys know they can do good but can do better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    For those of us who were still in the stands, what did he say?
    Took some soft balls about amazing goal/excited for Insigne and made them (paraphrasing):

“We’re happy to get the win but the performance can definitely be better. I know the fans haven’t been the happiest results, but I think it’s going to blend really well once the veteran presence is added this summer and in the long term will make a big difference.”

Very cool head, intelligent comments, acknowledging pros/cons, stakeholder opinions, self-reflection. Tone of delivery was excellent as well. Not trying to overvalue a 2 min convo, but I was like woah intelligent guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga had some incredible tackles. It's often at the edge of what's physically possible with him: definitely some risk of injury.

I loved the way he and JMR completely wiped out some Atlanta players with huge slide tackles. Those guys had no clue what hit them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Let’s hope this homestand is the start of the mid-season push by this team with the new additions joining on July 9th or so.
    Exactly what I was going to say.

It's painful for me when this team is bad ... I really can't take it.

So I really hope we've turned the corner.

Can't wait to see Insigne in action.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne down with the viking clap thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best performance of the season with Insigne looking on in the stands. If we can remain within striking distance of the playoffs for a couple of weeks, we'll be in good shape.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought Salcedo has had two very solid games now. Was watching him marshaling the lines. There is some truth that it takes defenders a little time to change leagues and understand the tempo and create familiarity with your team mates. Hopefully this is the start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn’t catch this one live and had to watch late. Great game by the guys all around.

I thought Nelson was key to the attack in the first half. His pace and willingness to be the runner that stretched the backline really overloaded ATL (along with the high press). Unfortunately his decisions are still erratic at times and he had quite a few unnecessary losses of possession or opportunities to move the ball that weren’t taken. Also made one really bad pass that left us short on the break. Leaving the yellow side, I think Bob subs him at half anyway (right decision).

What a difference having two ball-playing CB’s makes. I love O’Neill when defending but in possession he is a liability. Mavinga managed to strike the right balance today. We’ll see if he can stay consistent. If he doesn’t I think Criscito slides over from LB and takes his spot.

Nice game by Priso and something to build on. I think he should be above some others in the pecking order (Kerr, Okello) but Bob seems to value willingness to get forward and pace in those spots more than anything else. We’ll have to see but if performances are what matter I think Priso has turned in better average ones of late and Kerr / Okello play one impactful game in 5

Ref was poor. I hope he doesn’t become a regular fixture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ref was poor. I hope he doesn’t become a regular fixture.

He was very poor, muffed a lot of close decisions in favor of the attacker where the defender clearly had ball
    first and position. I thought Pozuelo was going to suffer apoplexy in the first half when he got whistled three times in a row for good tackles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still can't get over that one time strike from Priso. That was so class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the game last night. An evening enjoyed.
    Great game atmosphere. Maybe not electric but certainly lots of sparks.
    In agreement with most of the observations made by the many above.
    Everyone mostly played well. JJ had an off night. Not worrying though; part of his profile.
    His final goal touches were off despite the chances; also pushed off possession that lead to the conceded goal.
    Generally, lots of team pace, good vision, many attempts at the through ball, numbers of chances; still, finish wanting.
    Most of the kids did well, Kosi, Luca, Jayden, Ako, Jahkeele, Jacob and of course Ralph. For me and for now, all keepers.
    Rotational plug ins and play, once reinforcements start to arrive.
    If my eyes were not mistaken, Deandre was getting 'schooled' by Carlos during the Quintin injury.
    Fun crowd reaction in the WestSide for Chris and Jahkeele tackles. Lots of other play ovations.
    Michael, a machine. Spectating in person, the balls to and through him didn't seem as forced or recycled as in the past.
    More part of the team's forward movement and action.
    Poz continues to return to his MVP self. Bob has got him to consistently, defensively chase and pressure attackers.
    Westberg is the guy for as long as possible; any future keeper needs to be at least of his ilk.
    Hope TFC has him stay on as a GK Coach.
    The Priso goal celebration by the players felt 'Playoff'. Perhaps even the TFC season TSN Turning Point?
    25.5+K crowd. Lorenzo there and acknowledged. During halftime TFC/jumbo-tron confirmed he will make debut 9JUL22 against San Jose Earthquakes.

And now for something completely different... the leading three... Ralph(19) V Jayden(19) V Jahkeele(18).
    IMHO...
    While Ralph seems to be the most TFC MLS mature kid and ready for prime-time,
    And Jahkeele has been universally anointed as the most talented; for and with international expectations,
    For myself and for now, Jayden represents the player with the most raw potential of that group to be at least very impactful within the league.
    At times, the most frustrating player; at moments the worst and best TFC kid on field.
    Obviously, BBradley keeps rating him enough to consistently play him; believes he has something to offer and develop.
    BTW, during the Red Bulls Post Game commentary, was BBradley referencing Jayden @ about 7:47?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-26-2022 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He was very poor, muffed a lot of close decisions in favor of the attacker where the defender clearly had ball
    first and position. I thought Pozuelo was going to suffer apoplexy in the first half when he got whistled three times in a row for good tackles.
    Yeah, and as much as I don’t blame us for doing it, the fouling of Araujo was well into persistent infringement.

If LA gets fouled into oblivion like that without the cards coming out I’ll be pissed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    At least Oso starts. My guess is the plan is to play him ~60 and bring Priso on for the rest
    Not bad, not bad at all Coach/Assistant; @ the ~62 mark!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice game by the boys. Need to keep their heads up a bit more in the box for easier tap ins, but damn, we'll take it!