Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Voyaguers Semi Final - Club Foot @ TFC Wed June 22 708pm - Do. Or do not....

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its the Club Foot in a one off cup game - there is no trying, only doing or not doing. I am not confident of this being done, to be honest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Losing two straight years in the Canadian Championship to Montreal would be a very down point.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Clubfoots are on a tear right now, TFC in a slump. Unfortunately this hits before the rebuild hits in July. I can't see TFC winning this one.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying TFC is in a slump is being very generous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were technically undefeated in four before that loss, so technically not a slump. We’re just bad because we’re a junior team right now, basically. I suspect a few MLSII clubs would beat us. Reinforcements needed desperately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the spirit of this one off fixture, how about BB plays Poz as a 10 to maximize our best asset in order to give us the best chance of winning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    In the spirit of this one off fixture, how about BB plays Poz as a 10 to maximize our best asset in order to give us the best chance of winning.
    He played as a number 10 against New York.

Statistically, he’s actually been best this year when played on the right side of midfield in a three. By far. He has an over 8 rating for the handful of games in that spot. He’s just over a 7 in the hole (but has three of his four goals from there) and a 5.5 as a right wing.

The problem is, the kids can’t read movement at speed, so they don’t fill the right holes in support of whoever has the ball, so the midfielders end up dropping back to either help cover or become an outlet for a late-moving teammate.

Both he and Bradley spent most of the NY game in our half, it seemed. But he was technically playing in the hole.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heck, Jesus spent most of the NY game operating as a Left sided PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To keep with the Star Wars quotes "I got a bad feeling about this". I don't have warm and fuzzies about this game for sure but in a one off game anything can happen so who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Heck, Jesus spent most of the NY game operating as a Left sided PM.
    I think he’s getting frustrated at no service for the seven games Oso has been out.

When Bob took him off, he was still dropping deep and left, even though he was the lone striker at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    To keep with the Star Wars quotes "I got a bad feeling about this". I don't have warm and fuzzies about this game for sure but in a one off game anything can happen so who knows.
    The one thing on our side here is that Kamara is old and has always been very streaky. He could hit a cold snap and not score for a dozen games. But they have other weapons, so…

I mean, on paper, we’re in deep shit, as they’re playing like a well-oiled professional team and we’re blooding youth. But we’ve also beat Philly and NYFC this year, so who knows. Fingers crossed, I guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If nothing else, hopefully being around this club for any amount of time should have it engrained in each one of them that they have to beat the Limp Act at all costs. I don't care if they are 18 or 80. Play your socks off kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If nothing else, hopefully being around this club for any amount of time should have it engrained in each one of them that they have to beat the Limp Act at all costs. I don't care if they are 18 or 80. Play your socks off kids.
    Any kid that doesn’t bring it to this game has a motivation issue! I get upset just thinking about Montreal winning.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to imagine Osorio letting ANY of the yutes get away with not putting in 100% for this game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The Clubfoots are on a tear right now, TFC in a slump. Unfortunately this hits before the rebuild hits in July. I can't see TFC winning this one.
    Grammar question here... is the plural Clubfoots, or Clubfeet?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    When talking about one's rival, it is better to use a descriptor who's lack of grammatical correctness heightens the rival's inadequacies & alludes to rubeness & social ostracization.

i.e.

Clubfoots makes em sound more stupid...so go with Clubfoots

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    Clubfoots, just like in hockey we have the Maple Leafs, not the Maple Leaves.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm. I'm not sure he played as a 10 in New york. For us, he seemed to be playing way too deep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm referring to Poz, in response to the comment above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some reason guys i cant seem to get up for this game.

im so indifferent about this. I hate to get there for 7pm and be down 1-0 before 7.10 PM would leave me super frustrated.

on the other hand its so nice outside it would enjoyable to have a cold water or beer, and it suppose to rain 80% then I really dont know.

I know I'm suppose to support no matter what but bill manning and his moves for the past couple of seasons really bother me. I know July 9th all should be better but man, its tough today I been thinking about this since yesterday .lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bringing some people down with me to today's game. Normally I just go straight to the stadium on gameday but today, since we have a group, we are looking to go somewhere to eat prior to the game in the Liberty Village area but I am not that familiar since I haven't been there in a long time and my usual spots on King that I used to frequent pre-COVID are gone now. I was initially thinking of LOCAL Public Eatery based on some internet searching. Anyone been there or have any other place to recommend? FYI...Some of my group are underage so not looking for a drinking place but more for a meal. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    for some reason guys i cant seem to get up for this game.

im so indifferent about this. I hate to get there for 7pm and be down 1-0 before 7.10 PM would leave me super frustrated.

on the other hand its so nice outside it would enjoyable to have a cold water or beer, and it suppose to rain 80% then I really dont know.

I know I'm suppose to support no matter what but bill manning and his moves for the past couple of seasons really bother me. I know July 9th all should be better but man, its tough today I been thinking about this since yesterday .lol
    Yeah. It's tough, but it is a lovely day, and you might be surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Bringing some people down with me to today's game. Normally I just go straight to the stadium on gameday but today, since we have a group, we are looking to go somewhere to eat prior to the game in the Liberty Village area but I am not that familiar since I haven't been there in a long time and my usual spots on King that I used to frequent pre-COVID are gone now. I was initially thinking of LOCAL Public Eatery based on some internet searching. Anyone been there or have any other place to recommend? FYI...Some of my group are underage so not looking for a drinking place but more for a meal. Thanks in advance.

I like the craft does serve drinks tho.

If you're into smash burgers- burger drops -limited seating.

Maurya Indian is good

Poke Bowl is also nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Yeah. It's tough, but it is a lovely day, and you might be surprised.

I've quickly realized to learn what we have- TFC arent ready to start the game and have been letting early goals recently a problem dating back to Armas.

Same line up with the rookies when the team need a win.

and the scoring rate has gone down significantly because Jesus was playing out of his mind and his strike rate was insane (imagine if he wasnt consistent as he was in the beginning)

will see if traffic is worth driving in today.

SMH

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the craft does serve drinks tho.

If you're into smash burgers- burger drops -limited seating.

Maurya Indian is good

Poke Bowl is also nice
    Thanks I don't mind of course if any place serves drinks but was just saying I didn't want to go to somewhere just for pre-game drinks since we have some underagers. I will do some Googling on your other suggestions. Thanks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm confused. Are you saying there's an 80% chance of rain this evening?

The Weather Network is saying 0% chance of rain in South Parkdale starting 6pm into the night. I know the meteorologists have really been struggling lately, the weather has been hard to predict. If you know a better site for weather reports, let me know please -- thanks!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do folks think, will there be much turnout tonight? I don't watch much sports news, but I have seen zero info about this game. I didn't even realize it was part of our season ticket package.

I have a feeling the club is hyping the Insigne arrival, and that attendance will be very low today. But I really have no idea and no feel for things right now. (I may go regardless, I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say is I can't go to mid week games right now so put my tickets up for sale & somebody bought 1.

I think it will be about 18K but who knows.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it will be the usual turnout that we see most Canadian Championships or maybe a little less given that it is a midweek game and our recent form has not been great. Good weather may help bring it out a bit more people. 16-18K maybe. Still not bad but in a 33K stadium will feel kind of empty.