Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Did they ever say why Kerr came out of the line up? Priso earned another start, likely more today. Nelson is improving his team play and if he can keep it up (which isn’t a given) will be starting caliber soon too. OKello has suffered from his injuries. Petrasso jury is out as a starter; Shaff seems down the list ATM; Kerr and Kosi have deserved their minutes so are keepers but not starters. Unfortunately, the most touted of all JMR has not been able to have an opportunity to prove the hype real.
    Shaff only got a few minutes but I noticed he was closing down his man a lot more quickly, which was a good sign. He was really pressing quickly.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Westberg please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was fantastic, can’t believe how big a difference Priso makes when he is in form.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was not expecting such a result or effort but glad to see the boys turn it around. Keep up the momentum

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver wins so it will be TFC @ Vancouver for the final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Insigne be eligible for the final?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Will Insigne be eligible for the final?
    i think so, there's no locked roster from the beginning of the comp, is there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i think so, there's no locked roster from the beginning of the comp, is there?
    I don't think so. But, roster rules in North America are made up on the fly. The Shitecaps are very beatable as is. Having Insigne and Criscito available makes us heavy favorites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first ten minutes were more evidence Pozeulo on the right is a waste. They could ask Thompson to play that role for a fraction of the wages. Pozuelo is much more effective the more centrally he plays.

Nice work from Priso and great to see Oso return.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Thanks I don't mind of course if any place serves drinks but was just saying I didn't want to go to somewhere just for pre-game drinks since we have some underagers. I will do some Googling on your other suggestions. Thanks.
    Brazen Head was completely Jammed and did not know about any supporters groups so we left (Collision and Dave Matthews were also happening). Ended up on the Patio at the Commons and to be honest, food was good and draft was cold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has the date for the final been set?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Brazen Head was completely Jammed and did not know about any supporters groups so we left (Collision and Dave Matthews were also happening). Ended up on the Patio at the Commons and to be honest, food was good and draft was cold.
    Cool. In the end the people joining us got delayed and with traffic we just made it to the stadium before kick off and had to partake in the stadium food instead. Oh well, at least it was great weather and a great game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Has the date for the final been set?
    It hasn't, but these are the remaining game dates for MLS for us and the Whitecaps. My best guess would be July 20 or 27 (probably 27 -the BC Lions have a CFL home game at BC Place on July 21)
    Last edited by rydermike; 06-23-2022 at 08:37 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I don't think so. But, roster rules in North America are made up on the fly. The Shitecaps are very beatable as is. Having Insigne and Criscito available makes us heavy favorites.
    They said on the OneSoccer post game show that Insigne will be playing in a final right after joining the team so I am going to assume they would know? Or maybe they are making assumptions too. Not sure. Just too bad not going to be at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    The first ten minutes were more evidence Pozeulo on the right is a waste. They could ask Thompson to play that role for a fraction of the wages. Pozuelo is much more effective the more centrally he plays.

I totally agree. Poz should be playing in the middle (3-5-2). I don't understand why Coach Bradley is not more flexible with his system and stop playing people in positions that they will fail at.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Anyone else concerned with the field status? Grass looked like it was thinning out and very dry. Football lines were still visible. It's going to be a long summer with very little time for recovery with all the Argos and TFC games and practices on the field.
    After seeing Canada play in Honduras....I am not complaining.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They cut that grass really low for the Argos.

That is.... concerning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a great game! We needed that type of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post

Correct.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paging Section 223...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The big thing is we need to see this level of effort consistently - beating a playoff team in this fashion gives a lot of hope, but we need to see the drive and we need to see it, at the very least, 3 games out of 4.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They cut that grass really low for the Argos.

That is.... concerning.
    Just move them to Lamport. Even their true blue fans are saying they'd rather go there and fill it than have a 1/4 or less full BMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    More Westberg please.
    I have a feeling that if we started him from the very start of the season we'd probably be in 7th right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Paging Section 223...
    The trolls only come out when things are going poorly...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The trolls only come out when things are going poorly...
    I suppose since our club has given us very little to cheer about in the last couple of years we should all be happy for the result last night , but beating Montreals “second” team does not excite me one bit. Clearly Montreal did not put emphasis on winning this years competition And since Bob Bradley has already burned this season, the Canadian Championship is all this team has to salvage any respectability. Montreal did not start regulars Breza Mihailovic Kamara waterman wanyama miller torres .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, probably TFC's most complete game in a very, very long time.
    It felt like there was suddenly a real camaraderie going on between all the players during each goal celebration.
    I enjoyed this 4-3-3... 4-3-1-2?

I would like to watch that entire game again.
    If I am not mistaken, it may have been mentioned on the message board a long while ago that telecasts of these sorts of games may be archived?
    Eventually available for free viewing by the public somehow? Perhaps through a portal of one of the Canadian soccer associations?
    If anyone has any insight, much appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    I suppose since our club has given us very little to cheer about in the last couple of years we should all be happy for the result last night , but beating Montreals “second” team does not excite me one bit. Clearly Montreal did not put emphasis on winning this years competition And since Bob Bradley has already burned this season, the Canadian Championship is all this team has to salvage any respectability. Montreal did not start regulars Breza Mihailovic Kamara waterman wanyama miller torres .
    Five points out of a playoff spot half way through the season, with a game in hand and an Italian NT starter on the way is a burned season. Got it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I have a feeling that if we started him from the very start of the season we'd probably be in 7th right now.
    It's not just that his distribution is better, he organizes the defense much better.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Five points out of a playoff spot half way through the season, with a game in hand and an Italian NT starter on the way is a burned season. Got it.
    Knowing that you have Insigne coming in July why wouldn’t Bradley keep some vets like Delgado and make sure we are in a better position to qualify for playoffs, does he not know that we missed playoffs two of the last four seasons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Knowing that you have Insigne coming in July why wouldn’t Bradley keep some vets like Delgado and make sure we are in a better position to qualify for playoffs, does he not know that we missed playoffs two of the last four seasons?
    Marky was nearing the end of his contract and we received a solid offer for him. He ended up signing for a TAM level deal with LA, which probably wasn't in the cards with TFC. Between Poz, Oso, Bradley, and Delgado we were stacked with midfielders, especially if we wanted to begin integratting Priso, Okello, Petrasso, etc. into the team. Someone had to go, and Delgado probably was going to get the best return.