Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Some of these kids are really not taking their opportunities. Don't know if it's bad coaching or what but very very dissappointing.
    They aren't good enough and won't be good enough. What a disaster this season has turned out to be....3rd year out of 4 to miss the playoffs...Insigne must be going what the hell did I agree too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think a lot of that disappointment comes from a lot of overhype by fan blogs like WTR who believe every decent player for TFC II is a Real Madrid level talent.
    Lol...that's for sure. Jack Burns is the only one keeping it real there...they had a few others but if you don't tow the party line over their they get rid of them....so its an echo chamber of pretending all is good while literally everything is on fire...lol

This is a disaster plane and simple. Huge market, massive payroll and absolute medicrity on the field.

I ask again, how does Manning still have a job? He has run this team into the ground despite having a huge payroll....

And don't get me started on the college coach bradley....never should have been hired and to make matters worse, his son has no business being on the field but won't be taken off. If this is a "rebuild" which Manning never said it was preseason when they jack ticket prices up again, then bradley should be gone...he is slow as molasses and way past it and a key part of why the midfield is horrible.

First game of the year when I sat through that debacle, I thought we were horrible, but hoped somehow things would turn around...but its not turning around, this is a diasaster.

Watching Nelson for example run around like a chicken with his head caught off....Bradley get overun...Salcedo always out of position....etc...etc...its very hard to watch this drek not going to lie.

Oh well...vent done.

Happy Father's day to the dad's here.
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 06-19-2022 at 08:12 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bulls always give us fits, especially in their stadium. They really only had 2 opportunities to score.

The only way we beat them ever is when they don't play their style or our technical superior guys just craft a way to get it done - as we really only have 3 technically superior guys & 1 of them was injured, this was always the likely result.

I think next year when we play in Jersey, we will have a much different team with a better chance to compete.

These 4 months until July were always going to be a problem - we HAD to get rid of a lot of shite that should have been released in 2020 & 2021. Couple that with some good players wanting to move on & a couple of decisions based on attitude & the kids getting minutes was inevitable.

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postg...y-june-18-2022

Bradley after the game presser - he talks about a very specific way the team knew how NYRB was going to start the game & that the team although prepared didn't get it done. He also went over the corner & how it wasn't ready/ organized enough & how Jayden lost him man but Jesus & Ayo should have dealt with that ball better.

About intensity

"the game had a group of guys who adjusted to the speed and some guys who were not ready to adjust to the speed' "we don't have enough guys who when the games are fast & at a little more of a physical element, are at a level they need to be" He went on then to talk about how this is a part of player development & seeing who can adjust.

i.e. Youth will either train/learn/play themselves up to speed or they won't be kept around

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    i.e. Youth will either train/learn/play themselves up to speed or they won't be kept around
    Yep, this is the best chance a lot of these guys will ever have to establish themselves in the league.

I am sure a few will take it but unlikely everyone adjusts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most teams do this with 2-3 youth each year.

We never have...until this year when we are doing....8 or so.

Now, when Vanney got here, our academy was bad...like really bad.

But, Vanney didn't trust youth either. "We always want to be competing for trophies" became "we have to win each section of each game until games are secure & then we can develop players"

We should have been seeing a few of these guys back in 2019 and 2020. Instead minutes went to DeLeon & Endoh & Mullins - development time went to Fraser.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-19-2022 at 11:01 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what is the most frustrating is that I really didnt think we were going to win last night, but when you lose ugly/stupid/work ethic it is just painful to watch. I dont really feel NYRB are that good of a team. So TFC have something to play for on Wednesday night, lets see how much heart this team really has.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    You know this, I know this, so why did The coach and GM get rid of basically 75 percent of the roster at the beginning of the year? Yes I know this team was more then awful last year, but could they not of kept 2or 3 guys around like Auro and Delgado ?
    i guess we'll see in the second half of the season (and next year) if he is vindicated in this decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i guess we'll see in the second half of the season (and next year) if he is vindicated in this decision.
    I'm ok about the process but even with Insigne and three more new starters it will take a small
    miracle for us to gel quickly enough to make the playoffs.

Even as we're rebuilding the teams we're competing with for the lower places are also improving themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the results it's important to develop your own talent. Maybe it's been a bit of development on steroids so far this season but I'll take that any day of the week over signing more journeymen who just don't produce. I've been quite impressed by the likes of Petrasso, Thompson, Marshall-Rutty, Priso and Nelson to be honest. It shows the talent that can be mined in the GTA and also shows younger kids that maybe they don't need to go to Europe to get there eventually as a contributing part of a big team. I also find it a bit disturbing how many people are so negative towards Nelson in this forum/thread. The kid's 19 years old ffs. Sure, his decisions can be questioned at times but that's what development opportunities are for. The kid has unquestionable talent. All you have to do is look at last year and see how throwing Shaffelburg out there time and again showed solid results by the end of the year (I think he's regressed a bit this year but he's still young). Cheer the kids on ffs. Their window of opportunity will come to a bit of an end when we bring in reinforcements but to be honest, I think these kids have shown the higher ups at TFC that there's better ways to fill out your roster than bringing in the Mullins and Dwyer types. If nothing else I think they've raised the bar at the end of the bench ... and show potential for bigger things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    Regardless of the results it's important to develop your own talent. Maybe it's been a bit of development on steroids so far this season but I'll take that any day of the week over signing more journeymen who just don't produce. I've been quite impressed by the likes of Petrasso, Thompson, Marshall-Rutty, Priso and Nelson to be honest. It shows the talent that can be mined in the GTA and also shows younger kids that maybe they don't need to go to Europe to get there eventually as a contributing part of a big team. I also find it a bit disturbing how many people are so negative towards Nelson in this forum/thread. The kid's 19 years old ffs. Sure, his decisions can be questioned at times but that's what development opportunities are for. The kid has unquestionable talent. All you have to do is look at last year and see how throwing Shaffelburg out there time and again showed solid results by the end of the year (I think he's regressed a bit this year but he's still young). Cheer the kids on ffs. Their window of opportunity will come to a bit of an end when we bring in reinforcements but to be honest, I think these kids have shown the higher ups at TFC that there's better ways to fill out your roster than bringing in the Mullins and Dwyer types. If nothing else I think they've raised the bar at the end of the bench ... and show potential for bigger things
    Yeah, agreed. They tried this under Armas but didn't provide a winning, competitive first team to teach them. If they do as advertised and strengthen the hell out of the first team then the yutes will be well placed to understudy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by buddies View Post
    I appreciate where you are coming from but if I’m to draw a comparison, there is difference between the development experience Doniel Henry received as a 19 year old with TFC vs. one that say, Alphonso David’s got with the Whitecaps.

Leaving talent level aside (cause clearly Davies was always a better prospect), one was put inside a more stable first team that occasionally ground out a result. The other, was part of an unstable team in flux and picked up bad habits that have followed him around for the rest of his career.

I’m not certain the experiences we are providing here are beneficial. Too many people learning at once, too many variables, not enough competitiveness. As someone else pointed out, you normally try to bring through a few guys at a time, not the number we are currently. We’ve over corrected

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    He definitely needs minutes over Nelson and Kerr in the midfield.
    Yeah. Priso should start. Bring Nelson on to run at the defence late in a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    You know this, I know this, so why did The coach and GM get rid of basically 75 percent of the roster at the beginning of the year? Yes I know this team was more then awful last year, but could they not of kept 2or 3 guys around like Auro and Delgado ?
    Petrasso and Thompson are playing out of position.
    The question is why we got rid of Auron etc and began the season with one full back in the squad (you need two each game...), with only CPL experience...