Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, two weeks off for TFC now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The One Soccer crew talking about just how bad TFC is right now....Wheeler saying the fans were not told how long the rebuild will be.

its like fingernails on a blackboard.one soccer still gives me a community cable channel vibe

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    its like fingernails on a blackboard.one soccer still gives me a community cable channel vibe
    Yeh, its weird - their best asset by far is KJ's brain and they make him the sideline reporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Until we get a new DM/CM we'll keep being overrun against everyone we play against. Not at all surprised Forge dominated us there (their midfield is really good for CPL level) but I'm disappointed we didn't do more to challenge their makeshift defense (Ashtone put out a lot of fires).

On a more positive note, we finally won a shootout! I think that's a pretty important monkey to get off our back, and a decent sign that as much as we're struggling we're finding ways to win. Interesting and a huge relief to see MB not take a single one btw

LOL'd at Andi calling out her husband on the broadcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, its weird - their best asset by far is KJ's brain and they make him the sideline reporter.
    He's the league's vice-president of communications, I suspect he gets to decide which role he wants. But you're right, it sure would be preferable to have him and Oliver rather than Screech.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man of the Match: The Crossbar

Two huge PK saves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baby steps and i will take the win..but i still dont get what the hell tfc are doing on the field,on the 1 - 1 goal kosi is covering 2 forge players and a 3rd is running in the box alone,where is the help?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

atm we are playing probably 5-7 kids/ game when we'd probably like to be using 1-2.

it's obvious we need a CM (maybe 2), rb, lb (and insigne +oso back of course), but i think we are on the right track.

i doubt we will be a competitive playoff team this season (although you never know with a few effective signings), but i have hopes for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    Until we get a new DM/CM we'll keep being overrun against everyone we play against. Not at all surprised Forge dominated us there (their midfield is really good for CPL level) but I'm disappointed we didn't do more to challenge their makeshift defense (Ashtone put out a lot of fires).

On a more positive note, we finally won a shootout! I think that's a pretty important monkey to get off our back, and a decent sign that as much as we're struggling we're finding ways to win. Interesting and a huge relief to see MB not take a single one btw

LOL'd at Andi calling out her husband on the broadcast
    Totally agree.

I know it was CPL opposition and we didn’t play the best but I thought the game was quite entertaining.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the warm light of the next day, there are a few good things

a) Westberg confidence & capability

b) Thompson & Kerr taking PKs, especially Thompson's CONCACAFing of the Forge player about to miss his PK

c) Ayo as an uptop option - his movement is so good - I think he ends up as the 3rd forward from the right once Insigne shows up

d) the Shaff as a LB experiment seems to be done - probably means we have a LB signed

e) Nobody bats an eye at Peruzza taking PK's - and he took it well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was only able to watch the game on replay, by the end I was pretty entertained.

So happy for Q. I really can't figure out our keeper strategy though and even though I prefer Q I feel bad for Bono in that they rode him all season and then the first game with any significance he is on the bench. Seems unfair to both guys.

Summer of Perruzza-I really like this kid's confidence, poor Kerr looked terrified from the get go but good for him for stepping up.

Also Macnaughton has a leaky face, we need to get that poor guy a protective mask or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thompson's CONCACAFing of the Forge player about to miss his PK
    I think that might have been some friendly chirping more so than pure CONCACAFing. The Forge player was Kwasi Poku who played in the TFC Academy until this season (and had a cameo with TFC2 last year where Thompson spent the whole year). Poku and Thompson are both 2003-born players. They probably played together on the same TFC Academy team for years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that we won on PK’s is a breakthrough. Good. I still think the midfield is being overrun because of the flanks, not the other way round. Even a CPL team can exploit that. Love Kosi though