Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 194
  1. #1
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Voyageurs 2020 - Cup Final - TFC @ Hamilton Sat June 4 7pm It's the dreams that

    we weren't chasing



    *********

    Have at It People

  2. #2
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    3,183
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A 2020 Cup final played in 2022 just feels odd. I am sure the team wants to win anything they can plus they wouldn't want to ever let a CPL team beat them for bragging rights. Will be an interesting game. All the pressure on TFC.

  3. #3
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Really interested to see the lineup for this one and does the turf factor into, wonder exactly how Bob The Builder is approaching this?

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,876
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both teams should have to bring in their players from 2020. Pablo Piatti needs his redemption.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Really interested to see the lineup for this one and does the turf factor into, wonder exactly how Bob The Builder is approaching this?
    How does a player Even celebrate that? Yay, we won .... but we're not the cup holders and it means nothing... but it's a title, yay!

    they should've just abandoned it for a year.

  6. #6
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    8,129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not going to even try to remember what this is all about. And please don't try to explain. Hopefully the turnout isn't too ridiculously low. I can see this meaning something to Hamilton fans, they're going to love an opportunity to beat high-priced TFC, even if the chances are slim. With BB needing to protect a thin roster, playing on turf, maybe their chances aren't actually so bad.

    At least the weather looks to be decent. I think only a small number of fans will make it down from Toronto though.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Sec 126
    Posts
    805
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah it seems silly at this point to play this game. Everything was affected by the pandemic and not having a champion for 2020 isn’t a big deal.

  8. #8
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Really interested to see the lineup for this one and does the turf factor into, wonder exactly how Bob The Builder is approaching this?
    Poz mentioned this game in the presser as one the team wants to win.

    I think we go as full a squad as we can.


    There are no other games again until the Cup game with Montreal.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    3,876
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll watch because I watch every possible game, but it does seem silly to play for a trophy from two years ago.

  10. #10
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To me watching this game (here's hoping its on Fubo) is a bit of an academic exercise

    How does our best team available do against a CPL mid level team?

    How does this team do when its fighting for what may be its only trophy shot this season, even if its a weird one?

    Is there any signs of progress from anybody?

  11. #11
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    10,894
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm not going to even try to remember what this is all about. And please don't try to explain. Hopefully the turnout isn't too ridiculously low. I can see this meaning something to Hamilton fans, they're going to love an opportunity to beat high-priced TFC, even if the chances are slim. With BB needing to protect a thin roster, playing on turf, maybe their chances aren't actually so bad.

    At least the weather looks to be decent. I think only a small number of fans will make it down from Toronto though.
    TFC away has three sections for this game, 107-109. 107 is almost gone. Overall more both sides of the lower bowl are available after sales went well. Now THF seats about 24K and the upper dowl is not open so if they get to 10K it will be a good night.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  12. #12
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    18,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To me watching this game (here's hoping its on Fubo) is a bit of an academic exercise

    How does our best team available do against a CPL mid level team?

    How does this team do when its fighting for what may be its only trophy shot this season, even if its a weird one?

    Is there any signs of progress from anybody?
    I expect that Bob Bradley will keep some of the top players on the bench to start and only add them if needed, so I doubt it will be a good comparison.


  13. #13
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I expect that Bob Bradley will keep some of the top players on the bench to start and only add them if needed, so I doubt it will be a good comparison.
    To what purpose though? We don't have another game until June 18th.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To what purpose though? We don't have another game until June 18th.
    l'm hoping he'll try a 343 with two strikers and a hole player.

  15. #15
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    18,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To what purpose though? We don't have another game until June 18th.
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    l'm hoping he'll try a 343 with two strikers and a hole player.
    I think he'll want to try some of the young players, this is a chance to experiment.


  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    655
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    BTW: some one should change the subject heading of this thread to its correct spelling:
    Voyageurs

  17. #17
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...........

  18. #18
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For me, the CCL TFC vs Mexican clubs matches are the best TFC matches I’ve been to. But something about 2020 in 2022 and having attended several Forge games in Hamilton with my nephew who lives there… and maybe especially this (Ashton Morgan). It wouldn’t kill me if the underdog won:

    https://canpl.ca/article/i-never-tho...canchamp-final

  20. #20
    RPB Member
    Moderator

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On the Interwebs
    Posts
    18,127
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    BTW: some one should change the subject heading of this thread to its correct spelling:
    Voyageurs
    ooops. corrected.


  21. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Dirty Shwa
    Posts
    2,292
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    TFC away has three sections for this game, 107-109. 107 is almost gone. Overall more both sides of the lower bowl are available after sales went well. Now THF seats about 24K and the upper dowl is not open so if they get to 10K it will be a good night.
    Is there a link for TFC section. Want to go to the match and would prefer to sit with our supporters. Thx

  22. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just click on 'single match tickets' on the TFC site.
    We got a link from the club months ago and 4 of us are going.

  23. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    14 of us are going to support TFC and a lot of my friends have Hamilton forge season tickets and are going so it’s the bragging rights

  24. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well we got two cracks at this title with "2022" and "2020-too"

  25. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Well we got two cracks at this title with "2022" and "2020-too"
    And starting next year, we have three routes into CONCACAF Champions League: through the new "Leagues Cup", for winning the Voyageurs Cup, or as one of the minimum five MLS clubs that can qualify from league record or winning the cup.

    https://www.si.com/soccer/2022/06/01...ormat-criteria

  26. #26
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firm View Post
    14 of us are going to support TFC and a lot of my friends have Hamilton forge season tickets and are going so it’s the bragging rights
    Yeh, I don't think people quite have figured out yet but the more "derby" of our rivals locally is actually Forge.

    Couple that with the Sigma stuff & there is going to be some aggro in this game, I suspect.

  27. #27
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    19,270
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And starting next year, we have three routes into CONCACAF Champions League: through the new "Leagues Cup", for winning the Voyageurs Cup, or as one of the minimum five MLS clubs that can qualify from league record or winning the cup.

    https://www.si.com/soccer/2022/06/01...ormat-criteria

    That format is going to grow the game in this country - we are already seeing how CCL has beniftted CanMNT like Osorio & Laryea.

    I am excited about the Leagues cup - group stage games against Liga Mx where every team in this league has to put up or shut up or show how they REALLY are in the scheme of things.

  28. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,110
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That format is going to grow the game in this country - we are already seeing how CCL has beniftted CanMNT like Osorio & Laryea.

    I am excited about the Leagues cup - group stage games against Liga Mx where every team in this league has to put up or shut up or show how they REALLY are in the scheme of things.
    Plus, some hardcore fans will never take the CPL seriously until it begins to spend more on quality players. Competing regularly against MLS and Mexican teams, with three teams getting into the CCL, means they have to bolster their ranks, and it means more players from cheaper developing countries will consider it an option, as they’ll gain real visibility.

    It’s quite the development.

  29. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Are supports section tickets still available for this game?

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Plus, some hardcore fans will never take the CPL seriously until it begins to spend more on quality players. Competing regularly against MLS and Mexican teams, with three teams getting into the CCL, means they have to bolster their ranks, and it means more players from cheaper developing countries will consider it an option, as they’ll gain real visibility.

    It’s quite the development.
    I agree but isn’t it two guaranteed plus more possibly - three if a CPL team wins the Canadian Championship or takes one of three three Nations League spots.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •