Hybrid View

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    You are frustrated and have been a supporter from 2007. Think of the poor souls who have followed the Leafs the last 55 years.
    I have suffered through about 50 years of that too (LOL)....sadly it’s turned to apathy now with the Leafs for me for another 11 months or so until the playoffs start again in 2023, as the rest of the regular season games seem meaningless to me now, as the Leafs will be judged solely on what they do in the playoffs — getting 115 points and AM scoring 60 goals ultimately meant nothing in the end - the season was a failure to me as they literally ended the same as the year before, in Game 7 of Round 1 and blowing a series lead in doing so.....

......obviously there is no comparison to TFC who’ve had an all time season in 2017 but they are becoming a parody right now to me of a team who doesn’t actually know how to develop players (or keep them healthy) despite having all the resources to do so - since 2018, how many new TFC academy players start regularly now for TFC?! (by that I mean play over 2000 minutes in a season which is about 65% of the Available minutes in a 34 game MLS season - in 2017 we had 10 (!) players play at least 2000 minutes that year....right now our best bets to reach those numbers are Alex Bono and Michael Bradley - yikes! and Jimenez (the best signing they’ve had in ages based on salary and performance) and Petrasso - the only “kid” that might stick as a full time starter right now (Nelson and Rutty still need to grow quite a bit).....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 05-23-2022 at 08:26 PM.