Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I'm assuming Cricito would fill that role of stay at home organizer?
    Probably will be this guy but does anyone know if he speaks English? I have no idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old defenders never work out in this league. I don’t think signing him will answer anything.

Plus, our defensive problems begin because we’re easily knocked off the ball and have poor midfield speed, leading to unstable transitions where we’re continually out of position. Having someone Marshall the back line won’t stop them from being pulled out of shape if they’re covering for an absent midfielder or two.

The DM should still be the priority.

Having said that, a stay at home defender who’s playing fullback in Italy is, at least, more likely to be fit and fast enough to put up with the insane disorganization in MLS compared to better leagues.

But, not a solution on his own.

Insigne will change a lot; if we’re getting twice as many balls into the box and shots on goal — which is what we’d require to be among league leaders — that’s a lot of time we’re not spending in our own end or transition.

Think about every ball one of the kids had in a good position to cross into the box or slip to a forward breaking the line and froze, or turned back, or chose the wrong pass.

Now consider half of those being dangerous crosses and diagonal balls to Jimenez. Plus, Insigne’s deadly from the top of the box. If they try to double him and close him, he puts it in for the forward. If they leave him open, he puts shots on goal.

If all we added was a DM and Insigne, we’d already be challenging for a playoff spot.

But without a more defensive midfield we’re fucked. We’ll pick up extra goals over our expected all season from Jimenez and Pozuelo because they’re both dangerous from anywhere around the box. But if we spend half the game chasing unmarked diagonal crosses into our own box, we’re fucked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ My thoughts exactly on having a much better offense, but we also need to work on the right side or teams will over play us much like they did with Piatti, that said he is far better. Have no clue what they are going to do in the midfield, would help with a healthy Priso, Osorio, Poz, Okello etc. but alas still no destroyer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    ^ My thoughts exactly on having a much better offense, but we also need to work on the right side or teams will over play us much like they did with Piatti, that said he is far better. Have no clue what they are going to do in the midfield, would help with a healthy Priso, Osorio, Poz, Okello etc. but alas still no destroyer.
    Good analysis by JLoome.

About that destroyer, has Bob Bradley ever played with one? I don’t think he favours either destroyers or stay at home central defenders, not to mention conservatively positioned backs. It’s not simply that he ran out of time with having to run training camp and field a side but also a certain idea of how he wants his roster to play. It would not make sense for Vanney to play kids out of position at wing back but it does for Bradley.

It can be exciting football to watch when it works but we’ll probably have to wait for that stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Part of me thinks this is worse, at least as a fan. In the dark days my expectations were nil, so I was happy to go to BMO and see Robert Earnshaw nip a goal. Watching this team get on the stump and preach about how amazing they are and want to be and then completely faceplant has been so much harder for me.
    Fair point. I can remember thinking to myself at the start of the 2013 campaign thinking maybe things will get better this year but that quickly got stomped out. We know that given the right tools this team can be much better than what it has shown. Insigne alone is going to make a mockery of most MLS defenses and that should open Jesus a little more. I just wish that we could get a real medical and training staff on board. I get people are frustrated with playing the kids but who else is there...?? Oso and Mavinga have 1 good leg between them at the moment, Poz picked up a knock, JMR is still a month out, Shaff out hurt and the list goes on. Does that ultimately fall on BB and Manning's lap? Absolutely but there is nothing anyone can do about it right now. We are stuck with what we have until the transfer window ups in July. I was not expecting us to make the playoffs this year and will be happy if we manage to go on a run and do so. I am willing to be lenient and trust the process for now. However, come the start of next season I expect a contender for every trophy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wanted to stop buying beers but the weather dictated other wise.

game was ugly- when they managed to press successfully bradley couldnt even make the simple pass/play.

my question ultimately is - why is bono still in need- id rather have westberg in and let that shot from the free kick that bono saved to get better control/command from the backline and most importantly to not give up possession so easily.

Is Bono being trained to kick it out of bounds or directly to the other team- so TFC can press to cause a turnover? It is not working.

every game I count minimum 10 turn overs-unforced errors really- the possession could have been easily 55% tfc- this is being over looked and is very questionable when Bono's best pass has been with his arm or 3 yards out(but then again our team keeps playing it back to bono -for another turnover)

its difficult enough to get the ball and once TFC gets it -it's turned over ASAP - how can there be any consistency or stability even for the young guys- no wonder they all look like they are running around with their head cut off.

most frustrating part- they lost back to back games on set pieces- why is TFC defending corner's difficult i dont understand they have 10 men back and jesus literally in the 18 yard back.

As for jesus- the old man shouldnt be required to come to half to help gain possession .

I also though akinola was better than most, he was able to hold up and control possession- his passing still off but he basically was the most dangerous and energetic player on the field .

Definitely missing Osorio and man Laryea speed alone was good for a corner, a cross,a free kick. hard not to be frustrated with manning
    Last edited by FootBallAZ; 05-17-2022 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just watched the orlando goal in slow motion.
    ayo why did you jump when the ball was already past you? did you not have enough time to jump when the ball was coming right at you from 100ft away?
    Ayo why did you tilt your head sideways when you went to head it away? why didn't you jump straight up to meet the ball and head it away
    ayo you are much taller than the little guy on orlando that scored, how did this happen? #really confused please explain Ayo
    why did Caldwell say it was poor marking? i think it was not poor marking at all, it was an easy header away for TFC
    #reallyconfused