Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I just like the fact that somebody other then Shaff is trying to go at the byline & use width.

Everybody else (maybe Petrasso as an exception) has what I call Auro disease - goes wide, stops.....pulls back & passes it to a mid or CB behind them.

Think Richie Laryea - want more of that.
    In our matches against FCC he was even worse than Auro with that. He passed up so much free real estate to work the ball back to Osorio almost every time. I guess it's being a young guy and not wanted to get chewed out by Poz for making 'selfish' runs if things go awry but that's the kind of thing that made Schaff good. If more guys just did that part of the game then we'd at least create some chances and make defenses work for it. Right now we're playing like we did in the lazy days of 2018; holding possession by passing it around 35-40 yards out, with nobody really moving until a pass goes astray and the opposition gets a counter opportunity.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I'd prefer us not waste more time and roster spots on 20+ year old college guys with low ceilings (i.e. Endoh, Achara).
    I look a signings like that as something short term and if you get anything more its a bonus. To TFC at this moment has two paths and pre and post July.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rothrock isn’t a prospect he’s 23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    In our matches against FCC he was even worse than Auro with that. He passed up so much free real estate to work the ball back to Osorio almost every time. I guess it's being a young guy and not wanted to get chewed out by Poz for making 'selfish' runs if things go awry but that's the kind of thing that made Schaff good. If more guys just did that part of the game then we'd at least create some chances and make defenses work for it. Right now we're playing like we did in the lazy days of 2018; holding possession by passing it around 35-40 yards out, with nobody really moving until a pass goes astray and the opposition gets a counter opportunity.
    To me, and this is my hot take… Petrasso > Shaf at fullback as the former can actually make a progressive pass out of the back. Shaffleburg gets skidish in that spot when he gets pressed and often gives up possession. He’s entirely dependent on free real estate out wide to be effective and is really a wide forward or a winger when playing 5 across midfield. Defending not great from Shaff either albeit Petrasso isn’t much better.

Now maybe LA playing inverted solves that problem (re: having space on the wing). But to me, just as important factor here is having your fullback able to pass out of the defensive third to LA directly ahead of him to start the counter attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Rothrock isn’t a prospect he’s 23.
    Things that were said about MAK? Not that I necessarily think Rothrock is a diamond in the rough but NA is different and guys can still catch on later.

Heck, I feel like the Italians are still developing all the way up until they retire, hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no record anywhere of PRO analyzing Nelson’s goal, let alone apologizing. Where did manning get this from?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Thanks.