Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Yeah overall I'm happy with Bob, it's two big worries so far - complete blindspot on his son and seems to want to play a certain formation regardless of it suiting the players he has or not. But, overall, he's been okay and pedigree wise we aren't going to get anyone better
    Who plays instead of him? MB is holding the fort while others develop - he isn't what he was but as we saw on Wednesday he is still alot. Do we succeed playing Okello Kobi or Ralph Priso instead of MB?? Thats the real question.

BB is very clear headed and really clear in his press conferences. Doesn't seem to miss anything. It is far more consistent with his behaviour to assume that he has complete clarity about MB's strengths and weaknesses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Well, a few weeks ago you said coaches don't matter....
    We won three games in a row, so everyone terminally depressed disappeared from the boards. Now we've lost three in a row, the "sky is falling" again.

People need to wrap their heads around the fact that until Bradley got here in January, the rebuild hadn't even really started. We're probably two more transfer windows from a complete roster, at least.

As Og said, we're outperforming the relative skill level of our starters right now. The only two of the young guys who are likely ever going to see starting time are McNaughton and Petrasso, possibly Thompson. Nelson, Chung, Kerr, are all going to be seeing spot duty, possibly Petrasso too, given that Shaffelburg is faster and also produces assists, and they'll be running the overlap.

I'm not sold he has a Michael blindspot yet. People quite often have realistic views of their kids, particularly grown-ass men in their sixties. He just doesn't see much other option right now, because he doesn't have one.

People keep mentioning Auro and a few have mentioned Delgado. But a new manager has to believe a player will buy in to what he's selling. If he considers them negative to the room, he's going to get rid of them. It's easy to say "they're good player, we need them," but neither was particularly good or consistent over the last two seasons. Auro wasn't awful, while Delgado had a horrendous season last year and had been po faced for ages.

Early days. I have no issue with Bradley yet. If the DM situation isn't resolved by the end of the year, and we don't significantly improve more than just left wing, then yeah, Manning has had more than enough time; I don't trust him to do the job because he was foolish enough to hire Curtis and then approve a string of his stupid decisions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally spot on JLoome. With clarity as always from you.

as for me, I’m enjoying the yutes. I do think Nelson has potential though. He needs to look for the one touch pass and if he can, could be very good indeed.

also dont forget Priso.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 05-06-2022 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Who plays instead of him? MB is holding the fort while others develop - he isn't what he was but as we saw on Wednesday he is still alot. Do we succeed playing Okello Kobi or Ralph Priso instead of MB?? Thats the real question.

BB is very clear headed and really clear in his press conferences. Doesn't seem to miss anything. It is far more consistent with his behaviour to assume that he has complete clarity about MB's strengths and weaknesses.
    I wouldn't drop Michael, but, playing him as a play maker is showing a level of faith in his abilities in that area that, I'd argue, is not backed up by reality and is not based on a fair assessment on his strengths or weaknesses. Also he publicly blamed a goal we conceeded from a Bradley blunder (which anyone can do! But it happened) on pozuelo. Those two things worry me. So I'd still play Michael for sure, but I would not have him in the role he's in and it's doing him no favours - most people (not you, I know that!) think he's having a pretty bad season as a result

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Current system doesn't work with MB as that #8 or as that #6, mostly because the other mids are not fast enough & the FB's are defensive liabilities.

To me, MB works currently as a #6 nailed in front of the top 4 in a 4-2-3-1. But, we aint' gonna play that.

We have no speedsters beyond Shaff, and it shows. No team speed, no wide threat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We won three games in a row, so everyone terminally depressed disappeared from the boards. Now we've lost three in a row, the "sky is falling" again.

People need to wrap their heads around the fact that until Bradley got here in January, the rebuild hadn't even really started. We're probably two more transfer windows from a complete roster, at least.

As Og said, we're outperforming the relative skill level of our starters right now. The only two of the young guys who are likely ever going to see starting time are McNaughton and Petrasso, possibly Thompson. Nelson, Chung, Kerr, are all going to be seeing spot duty, possibly Petrasso too, given that Shaffelburg is faster and also produces assists, and they'll be running the overlap.

I'm not sold he has a Michael blindspot yet. People quite often have realistic views of their kids, particularly grown-ass men in their sixties. He just doesn't see much other option right now, because he doesn't have one.

People keep mentioning Auro and a few have mentioned Delgado. But a new manager has to believe a player will buy in to what he's selling. If he considers them negative to the room, he's going to get rid of them. It's easy to say "they're good player, we need them," but neither was particularly good or consistent over the last two seasons. Auro wasn't awful, while Delgado had a horrendous season last year and had been po faced for ages.

Early days. I have no issue with Bradley yet. If the DM situation isn't resolved by the end of the year, and we don't significantly improve more than just left wing, then yeah, Manning has had more than enough time; I don't trust him to do the job because he was foolish enough to hire Curtis and then approve a string of his stupid decisions.
    My sentiments exactly. I couldn't have put it any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I wouldn't drop Michael, but, playing him as a play maker is showing a level of faith in his abilities in that area that, I'd argue, is not backed up by reality and is not based on a fair assessment on his strengths or weaknesses. Also he publicly blamed a goal we conceeded from a Bradley blunder (which anyone can do! But it happened) on pozuelo. Those two things worry me. So I'd still play Michael for sure, but I would not have him in the role he's in and it's doing him no favours - most people (not you, I know that!) think he's having a pretty bad season as a result
    people see his mistakes but miss the other stuff - today for example he was very good indeed but the board only noticed an error. I’m not saying that he is the Bradley of 2015, but he does an awful lot people don’t notice so take for granted. (And Poz did pass him that ball under pressure