Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The bench is looking razor thin for this one.

I believe they are maxed at 4 short term loans per player. So this is Antonoglou's last one before he needs to be signed to a first-team deal. It's Franklin's third. Rothrock and Yeates on their first

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I believe they are maxed at 4 short term loans per player. So this is Antonoglou's last one before he needs to be signed to a first-team deal. It's Franklin's third. Rothrock and Yeates on their first
    Yes Themi has reached the max of four in season. With the roster space TFC has would not be surprised to see him signed to a home grown first team deal. Also in regards to short term deals you can only play a max of 2 MLS games under them.

As per the MLS website

Affiliate Short-Term Agreements

A club may sign a player, age 25 or younger during the league season, from its affiliate (MLS NEXT Pro / USL) to a maximum of four Short-Term Agreements (up to four-day contracts) each season (maximum of 16 days).

An individual player may be included on up to four MLS league season match rosters each season, however, that player may appear in no more than two MLS league season matches. An individual player may appear in any number of non-league games during the terms of his four Short-Term Agreements.

A club may roster up to four players on Short-Term Agreements per MLS league season match, so long as they are Homegrown Players or Players earning less than or equal to the MLS Senior Minimum Salary ($84,000) with the affiliate. This number will be reduced to one player per MLS league season match after Roster Freeze (inclusive of MLS Cup Playoffs). Additional players may also be signed to Short-Term Agreements for MLS league season games but only in cases of Extreme Hardship.

International Player limits still apply to Short-Term Agreements, excluding callups for cases of Extreme Hardship.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So they can only play in max 2 games. They can only appear on the bench for total of 4 games. So if they signed today (for 4 days), they could be included in the roster today and Saturday and technically only be allowed to sign 3 short term deals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like seeing the building of the club. Like 2007, only better, because the veterans are ours and the youth are Canadian. I do hope Poz gets back his mobility and Priso gets fit enough to play beside MB. But watching the young players grow is fantastic. Two steps forward, one back. The more they can have a discreet role to focus on the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Holy crap. Judging by what's been happening to my friends and colleagues, I really doubt it's going to only be a single case. Current variants are just too freaking contagious, and these guys spend lots of time indoors together. I've actually been surprised there haven't been more cases around the league recently. I guess if they test very often maybe they can catch it early in the infectious period, plus people being very careful with symptoms. Also I guess the team can easily pay for all the PCR tests they want. Rapid tests are so damn unreliable for vaccinated people with symptoms these days, and you can't shut a player down for at least 5 days every time he gets the sniffles.
    everyone around me has had it, including a super fit 25 year old. Everyone was knocked out - like mono - with various other symptoms. But the 25 year old recovered the best. Judging from that experience, players would need time off but if get it the same way would be ok after a week or so. As for the over 50’s - it lingered and really affected people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I like seeing the building of the club. Like 2007, only better, because the veterans are ours and the youth are Canadian. I do hope Poz gets back his mobility and Priso gets fit enough to play beside MB. But watching the young players grow is fantastic. Two steps forward, one back. The more they can have a discreet role to focus on the better.
    I agree. I read that article on Seattle in the CCL final from ESPNFC and how Schmetzer is crediting them competing in this and staying consistent in the league to their academy churning out young guys who can be effective in spots 12-15. He referred to it as sort of like having an extra $1M in cap space from their young guys who are cap exempt. I am looking at us this season, especially the first half, as a trial by fire to see who will be the key guys to take those spots on our roster when we restock. In the long run, it should pay off for us like it has for Seattle and I would take this any day over watching guys like Dwyer or DeLeon fill the void but offer little more than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yes Themi has reached the max of four in season. With the roster space TFC has would not be surprised to see him signed to a home grown first team deal. Also in regards to short term deals you can only play a max of 2 MLS games under them.

As per the MLS website

Affiliate Short-Term Agreements

A club may sign a player, age 25 or younger during the league season, from its affiliate (MLS NEXT Pro / USL) to a maximum of four Short-Term Agreements (up to four-day contracts) each season (maximum of 16 days).

An individual player may be included on up to four MLS league season match rosters each season, however, that player may appear in no more than two MLS league season matches. An individual player may appear in any number of non-league games during the terms of his four Short-Term Agreements.

A club may roster up to four players on Short-Term Agreements per MLS league season match, so long as they are Homegrown Players or Players earning less than or equal to the MLS Senior Minimum Salary ($84,000) with the affiliate. This number will be reduced to one player per MLS league season match after Roster Freeze (inclusive of MLS Cup Playoffs). Additional players may also be signed to Short-Term Agreements for MLS league season games but only in cases of Extreme Hardship.

International Player limits still apply to Short-Term Agreements, excluding callups for cases of Extreme Hardship.
    Good to see Rothrock get a look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeling like a massive underdog to Cincinnati is a tough look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m watching warmups. It’s possible I might be a second half sub it’s that thin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priso and Thompson in the midfield?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priso in for Oso - watching him might be the only interesting part of this match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I agree. I read that article on Seattle in the CCL final from ESPNFC and how Schmetzer is crediting them competing in this and staying consistent in the league to their academy churning out young guys who can be effective in spots 12-15. He referred to it as sort of like having an extra $1M in cap space from their young guys who are cap exempt. I am looking at us this season, especially the first half, as a trial by fire to see who will be the key guys to take those spots on our roster when we restock. In the long run, it should pay off for us like it has for Seattle and I would take this any day over watching guys like Dwyer or DeLeon fill the void but offer little more than that.
    totally agree. In a way, Curtis was building an expansion team - recycled coach, recycled players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with Jesus on your team there is always hope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Priso in for Oso - watching him might be the only interesting part of this match.
    glad for him. Hope he has finally recovered. If he is sitting beside MB could be very effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guy beside me is asking me who the heck all these TFC subs are. I had no answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dare I say playing Michael Bradley back-to-back with a midweek game is poor judgment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok that was pathetic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Ok that was pathetic
    Just ... wow. That was awful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No shame in losing to MLS powerhouse FC Cincinnati.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t watch live so I’m PVRing the game and was planning to watch tonight.
    Might just stick to looking at the box score at this rate…

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL....wow....just wow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we just forfeit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes…Who teaches these kids how to tackle?

“Make sure to aim high and point your studs at him!”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My god, what was he doing lunging like that?

Just... wow. We're not going to have a good night.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes it is just so difficult to watch. I might just turn on the biggest clutch team in the Leafs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kid looks gutted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#CannavaroIn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)