Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 247
  1. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I dunno man, he's probably our best player outside McNaughton and Jimenez on the night. He's been blown by three times, at least, in transition, but he's also had a couple of saving tackles and has covered huge ground.

    He really hasn't been that bad tonight. I get the sentiment about his speed, I think we all do. But I'm not seeing him as the problem tonight. (That dummy in front of our own box was insane, though).
    It’s not speed. It’s effort. He looks like he really doesn’t care.

  2. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,679
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    It’s not speed. It’s effort. He looks like he really doesn’t care.
    Disagree completely. Not seeing that at all. He's run like hell all night.

  3. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I dunno man, he's probably our best player outside McNaughton and Jimenez on the night. He's been blown by three times, at least, in transition, but he's also had a couple of saving tackles and has covered huge ground.

    He really hasn't been that bad tonight. I get the sentiment about his speed, I think we all do. But I'm not seeing him as the problem tonight. (That dummy in front of our own box was insane, though).
    He shuts off too often for a player in his position of leadership.

  4. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If not for McNaughton this would be 5-0 by now.
    Stellar performance. O’Neil and him were top quality signings to stock the bench.

  5. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,679
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh look, the ref decided to pretend he was calling this both ways.

  6. #156
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    They didn’t have to accept the Laryea transfer at all. Brought it on themselves and their was transfer speculation all of last season re: Laryea to Besiktas.
    I don't mind the Laryea transfer. He wanted to go to Europe. Let him have that. The Auro move still leaves me dumbfounded and not signing a replacement (for him, Laryea, or Lawrence) even more so.

  7. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Stellar performance. O’Neil and him were top quality signings to stock the bench.
    Now all we need are 7-9 starters, lol.

  8. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Disagree completely. Not seeing that at all. He's run like hell all night.
    He looks shut off. Similar to all last season. Zero impetus.

  9. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Now all we need are 9 starters, lol.
    Oh no. Still need a pair of starting centrebacks (Salcedo could still pan out).

  10. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Finally Franklin in for chung. Should've been put in at the half

  11. #161
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,679
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    He looks shut off. Similar to all last season. Zero impetus.
    Yeah, I just don't agree man. He looked industrious and worked hard all night until about the 65 min. What he looks like since then is gassed, completely.

    I mean, maybe it amounts to the same thing. He can't play a full game of us at 10 men as a number eight. he doesn't have the wheels.

  12. #162
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    At this point we still look like we need a complete overhaul.

    Nah


    There are pieces here but the FB play & the slow midfield is just not working with BB's high press.



    Its a work in progress & there's a few pieces that need to come in. But there's a lot of decent bits about.

  13. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I don't mind the Laryea transfer. He wanted to go to Europe. Let him have that. The Auro move still leaves me dumbfounded and not signing a replacement (for him, Laryea, or Lawrence) even more so.
    When you know so many fullbacks are going and are unlikely to bring any in, you have to hold off that transfer until the summer. Just poor all around.

  14. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, I just don't agree man. He looked industrious and worked hard all night until about the 65 min. What he looks like since then is gassed, completely.

    I mean, maybe it amounts to the same thing. He can't play a full game of us at 10 men as a number eight. he doesn't have the wheels.
    I think that’s fair, though I would call him gassed since half. He can’t carry water as a lone DM anymore. Way too much asked of him.

  15. #165
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its a bunch of academy kids and CPL standouts.... we are never going to win shit like this
    Bob Bradley is ass. Doesn't actually address any problems even when asked about it during the interview, and has blamed players in a few interviews? Like are you fucking kidding me... that's a no-no in coaching 101
    Manning needs to fucking go. He's not good enough to build a solid team.
    Insigne coming in is not going to do shit and he's just going to be frustrated, and want to leave if the gigantic holes in this team are not addressed quickly.
    Also, Michael Bradley needs to fucking sit, but nepotism is strong at this club.

    Bono is hot garbage.. any coach that doesn't see it is trash in my books.

  16. #166
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MB is not playing CDM right now. He’s way up

  17. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nah


    There are pieces here but the FB play & the slow midfield is just not working with BB's high press.



    Its a work in progress & there's a few pieces that need to come in. But there's a lot of decent bits about.
    I agree there are lots of good pieces, but worryingly, very few automatic starters, and some stink from last year still lingering.

  18. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,679
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I worry about Osorio not being here tonight, being pulled in the last game.

  19. #169
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This team has a lot of great pieces for depth and a lot of anchors in key problem spots (Bono, Bradley, Mavinga, Salcedo).

  20. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bono lol

  21. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I worry about Osorio not being here tonight, being pulled in the last game.
    I got a terrible sinking feeling when the announcer said “and we can’t wait to celebrate 400 matches with you soon” at game this weekend

  22. #172
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I agree there are lots of good pieces, but worryingly, very few automatic starters, and some stink from last year still lingering.

    The only automatic starters, to me, are Oso, Poz & Jesus.

    MB has to sit but he won't while there are so many mids injured.

  23. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,679
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I worry he said something like "look, we all know what the problem in transition is, and has been for three years..."

  24. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Please Bradley, stay away from the free kicks

  25. #175
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Amazing that Bono still plays at this level, and amazing that Westberg was brought back to sit on the bench for good money when he’s not seen as better than Bono

  26. #176
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oso is injured but "there is no time frame for it" is what the broadcast said.

  27. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I worry he said something like "look, we all know what the problem in transition is, and has been for three years..."
    Oso had such an amazing run at DM a while back, amazing he hasn’t been tried there once this season

  28. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Near the Danforth
    Posts
    629
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bono is just not good enough. Not blaming him for the overall performance tonight. A terrible distributor and cannot marshal the back line.

  29. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    12,679
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How did Brenner score 25 in 74 in Brazil? One of those cases of a guy who does all the basic stuff so well that playing at a higher level elevates him.

    Can't do it on his own, though.

  30. #180
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Oso had such an amazing run at DM a while back, amazing he hasn’t been tried there once this season
    It still blows my mind we rode a budget and hamstrung roster to a near supporters shield with Osorio and Delgado as the midfield pairing. And then, we never actually tried it again.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •