Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC for all the possession is not able to link up with Jimenez enough despite what Bob Bradley thinks. That is partly on how bad this team is, but I don't think Jimenez is the guy to lead the line. We need to bring in a striker that compliments the way we play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bleh. Losing twice to this team feels bleh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brenner just missed a sitter, calmly collected his rebound outside the box, took the piss by lifting the ball over the head of a child before walking the ball to the 6 yard box and landing a shot on net.

This is a complete fucking pisstake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DSouzaZ View Post
    TFC for all the possession is not able to link up with Jimenez enough despite what Bob Bradley thinks. That is partly on how bad this team is, but I don't think Jimenez is the guy to lead the line. We need to bring in a striker that compliments the way we play.
    I don't think getting rid of the joint league leading scorer, who has done it on half the chances of anyone else in the league, is likely to help our chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It still blows my mind we rode a budget and hamstrung roster to a near supporters shield with Osorio and Delgado as the midfield pairing. And then, we never actually tried it again.
    This should have been our midfield pair for the next three years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thompson. Petrasso and McNaughton are the only ones that grabbed their roster spots. I really hope there is cap room in July to bring in at least 3 other starters along with Insigne. With this strategy you can bring in a 200k player to start the year or a 400k player in July hoping for a late season surge and playoff run.

If thats not the case and they are completely up against the cap then yikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I don't think getting rid of the joint league leading scorer, who has done it on half the chances of anyone else in the league, is likely to help our chances.
    No absolutely not. Its astounding that he's scored so many with so little. Ultimately, I think he'd be more effective as a second striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when do reinforcements arrive?? its sad we cannot even hear rumours of being linked to more players than Insignes friends, we should be completing our due diligence, some of these players might be able to play the bench but they are certainly not ready to be in the Starting XI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The only automatic starters, to me, are Oso, Poz & Jesus.

MB has to sit but he won't while there are so many mids injured.
    Sounds about right. Unfortunately even Poz still looks off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Sounds about right. Unfortunately even Poz still looks off.
    If BB is going to use Poz like this then they should just move him. He’s looked way out of sorts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It still blows my mind we rode a budget and hamstrung roster to a near supporters shield with Osorio and Delgado as the midfield pairing. And then, we never actually tried it again.
    No one will ever be able to convince me that Delgado wasn't traded to open up a spot for Michael Bradley (who was alright tonight). Osorio and Delgado had so much chemistry. It just makes no sense to trade away the youngest of the three midfielders unless it comes out that Marky wanted to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If BB is going to use Poz like this then they should just move him. He’s looked way out of sorts.
    No doubt, it’s definitely not working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I really doubt that Poz will be here next year. Bradley doesn't seem to like to play with a 10 and Pozuelo does not seem to look great on the RW.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz would work in a 4-3-3 high press IF one of the other 3 was a defensive mid with speed. But its MB & Oso which means once they break the press, they got our slowish CB's to attack.

The real key to unlocking the capabilities of this team is decent covering defensive minded FB's & a good DM. That would free up the attacking wides & the attacking forwards to interchange more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are bound to see more losses relying on TFC2 to do the job in the MLS, not acceptable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are we cheering for Seattle to be first MLS team to win CCL? Any other MLS team besides Atlanta or Seattle I would 100%. But this matchup I'm conflicted. Seattle fans can be really annoying, Liga MX fans are also really annoying. I want both groups to be miserable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    So are we cheering for Seattle to be first MLS team to win CCL? Any other MLS team besides Atlanta or Seattle I would 100%. But this matchup I'm conflicted. Seattle fans can be really annoying, Liga MX fans are also really annoying. I want both groups to be miserable.
    I dont care who wins, it isnt TFC thats for damn sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    we are bound to see more losses relying on TFC2 to do the job in the MLS, not acceptable
    The youth should have been getting a run out last year when TFC was clearly out of it. But management kept trotting out the old guys that are on there way out (Mullins, Dwyer, Gonzalez, ZAvaleta, Endoh) in hopes of getting short term results to save their jobs. Now we are in this bad position of having to sort out our budget depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i wanna watch tfc2 and cpl players i will go to york u and watch for free.
    how does this clown manning still have a job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if i wanna watch tfc2 and cpl players i will go to york u and watch for free.
    how does this clown manning still have a job
    totally agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    The youth should have been getting a run out last year when TFC was clearly out of it. But management kept trotting out the old guys that are on there way out (Mullins, Dwyer, Gonzalez, ZAvaleta, Endoh) in hopes of getting short term results to save their jobs. Now we are in this bad position of having to sort out our budget depth.
    so this shows how inept our management is, that after 10 games into the season as well as the preseason we cannot even get a grasp on our budget, does this mean Manning is to be let go, I am just so frustrated, how can we get it so wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post

you sound like Caldwell when he says not acceptable
    my question to you is:
    what are you going to do about it?
    my guess is nothing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    you sound like Caldwell when he says not acceptable
    my question to you is:
    what are you going to do about it?
    my guess is nothing
    so you let TFC run our club into the ground and dont want to see improvements, my guess is your content for mismanaging of the club, either that or we take a stand and my stand is to stop watching until they start showing signs that they want to improve, i will get my news and opinions from this forum
    Last edited by gracos; 05-04-2022 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of hot takes in here! This season was never going to be the end product. There was a LOT of roster clear out that happened - Mullins, Dwyer, DeLeon, Delgado, Auro, Lawrence, Richie - and it’s going to take time to refresh the roster. There’s a few other players who have contracts expiring at the end of this season that I imagine we’ll move on from. Realistically we should have started this process a few seasons ago and done it in a more gradual way. We’ve already hit on a good number of our signings - Jimenez, ONeill, Lukas. Salcedo has looked a bit suspect, but with a better DM ahead ahead of him he maybe won’t compensate so much.
    There’s a number of things to like in isolate this year, a lot not to, but will continue to trust the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    A lot of hot takes in here! This season was never going to be the end product. There was a LOT of roster clear out that happened - Mullins, Dwyer, DeLeon, Delgado, Auro, Lawrence, Richie - and it’s going to take time to refresh the roster. There’s a few other players who have contracts expiring at the end of this season that I imagine we’ll move on from. Realistically we should have started this process a few seasons ago and done it in a more gradual way. We’ve already hit on a good number of our signings - Jimenez, ONeill, Lukas. Salcedo has looked a bit suspect, but with a better DM ahead ahead of him he maybe won’t compensate so much.
    There’s a number of things to like in isolate this year, a lot not to, but will continue to trust the process.
    You hit on my main complaint, the team was out of it last year but they did not initiate the rebuild. Its because those in charge were not trying to rebuild they were trying to get some wins in the short term. So yes Manning should have fired Curtis in July and told Perez to evaluate the youth. That didn't happen, strike like 10 on Manning. If Insigne isn't MVP calibre he needs to be booted hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This summer it will be “we’re still bringing guys in”.

This winter it will be “we’re clearing guys out”.

Next summer it will be “we’re still bringing guys in to replace the guys we cleared out”.

Next winter they’ll say “the team is still gelling”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s my take from the game.

Jesus is the man. Can’t stress this enough, always moving to get free and rarely walking. Good to see a forward being constantly active.

Chung was continually burned playing so high. I didn’t understand the logic when they were a man down

McNaughton was great. If he’s your 4th CB you’re in good shape.

MB wasn’t as bad as people say. I’m not nearly as knowledgeable as some here but MB passed the eye test for me. I got a different look tonight and thought he did fine.

Poz is a mystery to me. He looked good at times but then seemed to be on the completely wrong side of the field at other times. There was a stretch where both teams worked up and down the same side but for some reason Poz simply jogged to the complete opposite side and abandoned the play. Maybe tired, maybe yelled at but just thought it was weird.

How Bono is still the goalie is unknown. He’s so bad it’s almost laughable

Petrasso looks solid. He seems to grind it out every play.

3rd game of the year for me in 3 different cities. I was first row on the sideline when I’m usually in the end. Was a really different look for me so I got a pretty good look at how far some guys pushed up the field. It seemed like MB, Chung and Petrasso were always far up as a group looking for offense but when they got caught they were really really burned. That seems like a coaching gamble and I think MB suffers in the fans eyes for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

h
    Yah, agreed dude. Bradley was clear that they were very much a work in progress, which seems a clear public statement that he expects roster improvement in the summer.

I don't have much faith in Manning and I'm not sure if Bob can see past the family blinders, but it's early days, for sure.

Damn, though, do we need a DM, two wbs, and a gk.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the lads are in the air will be back landing in Toronto within the next half hour, will be able to sleep in their own beds and move their focus to Vancouver, guess we will have to see what kind of lineup they can field, that will be the million dollar question, who is back?

SY8725 (SCX8725) Sun Country Airlines Flight Tracking and History 2022-May-04 (KLUK-CYYZ) - FlightAware

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!