Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 91 to 107 of 107
  1. #91
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    8,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with most of what was written above. I don't think anybody mentioned much about the calamities before the first Cinci goal. It was off a corner just before halftime. TFC players just didn't seem to give a shit. They took a long time to get into position to defend the corner. It almost looked like Cinci would take the corner before TFC was ready. Then they passed it back off the corner, and NOBODY from TFC ran out to challenge. The Cinci player had all the time and space in the world to put in a cross.

    I can't believe how badly the mentality in the team has deteriorated compared to a couple of weeks ago.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 05-01-2022 at 07:09 PM.

  2. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,744
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

    I can't believe how badly the mentality in the team has deteriorated compared to a couple of weeks ago.
    That's the problem with young guys, especially young domestics; they saw us in the playoff places, heard the 'young Canadians' developing so fast stories, guys doing no wrong even after having poor matches (like Nelsen today) and it looks like it went to their heads. That NYCFC fake comeback papered over that but hopefully today stung. And Bob should have thrown more players under the bus. They earned it.

  3. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,574
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That's the problem with young guys, especially young domestics; they saw us in the playoff places, heard the 'young Canadians' developing so fast stories, guys doing no wrong even after having poor matches (like Nelsen today) and it looks like it went to their heads. That NYCFC fake comeback papered over that but hopefully today stung. And Bob should have thrown more players under the bus. They earned it.
    My feeling, the season is split into pre-summer transfer and post. Bradley is giving the youth plenty opportunity in the 'pre' window. For one left wing will be locked up with Insigne so Petrasso, Shaffelburg and Nelson are battling for LB/W/Backup roles. Elsewhere on the filed if no roster player commands their place I believe they will reinforce next window

  4. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    beautiful downtown bolton
    Posts
    3,944
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    My feeling, the season is split into pre-summer transfer and post. Bradley is giving the youth plenty opportunity in the 'pre' window. For one left wing will be locked up with Insigne so Petrasso, Shaffelburg and Nelson are battling for LB/W/Backup roles. Elsewhere on the filed if no roster player commands their place I believe they will reinforce next window
    i agree with this, the kids are not perfect,and no team in the world will start 4 or 5 17-18 yr olds game after game most of them playing out of postion,my concern are the vets,the cbs,poz mb,that has not changed from last season,if not for jj and his clinical finnishing.we may not have win

  5. #95
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    8,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That's the problem with young guys, especially young domestics; they saw us in the playoff places, heard the 'young Canadians' developing so fast stories, guys doing no wrong even after having poor matches (like Nelsen today) and it looks like it went to their heads. That NYCFC fake comeback papered over that but hopefully today stung. And Bob should have thrown more players under the bus. They earned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i agree with this, the kids are not perfect,and no team in the world will start 4 or 5 17-18 yr olds game after game most of them playing out of postion,my concern are the vets,the cbs,poz mb,that has not changed from last season,if not for jj and his clinical finnishing.we may not have win
    I gotta agree here. I expect some instability from the kids. I mean, Nelson, Petrasso, Chung and all the rest do frustrate me sometimes, but I'm not going to get too worked up about that. But almost all the vets are showing the same instability.

  6. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,420
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I gotta agree here. I expect some instability from the kids. I mean, Nelson, Petrasso, Chung and all the rest do frustrate me sometimes, but I'm not going to get too worked up about that. But almost all the vets are showing the same instability.
    And this is the main problem right now, this is the cause we do not have 5-6 more points in the standings.
    Vets like Salcedo, Mavinga, Bradley, Poz have all clearly underperformed, no matter of the reasons why.

  7. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    722
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    And this is the main problem right now, this is the cause we do not have 5-6 more points in the standings.
    Vets like Salcedo, Mavinga, Bradley, Poz have all clearly underperformed, no matter of the reasons why.
    Exactly, seems like also is the only vet left over from last year who is actually motivated, and probably only because of the World Cup. There is definitely still a stink from this team, and I don’t think it will leave until MB and Mavinga are gone, Salcedo too. Way too much arrogance. I hate to say it again, but MB is becoming our Jermaine Jones, no discipline, too good to sit, but impossible to compensate for. And furthermore, could we just get some more no frills CBs? I’d rather have stay at home CBs, than guys that try to do too much and end up unbalancing everything and missing simple things.

  8. #98
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northwest Territories (Section 226)
    Posts
    8,076
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    And this is the main problem right now, this is the cause we do not have 5-6 more points in the standings.
    Vets like Salcedo, Mavinga, Bradley, Poz have all clearly underperformed, no matter of the reasons why.
    I'll add Bono and O'Neill to the list. They're both 28 and have been playing long enough that they should provide stability together with the rest you mentioned. Even Achara is 24 and has been with the club for 2 years. I feel all the vets have had some good games or spells of games this season, but are wildly inconsistent. Add the kids to the mix and we're lucky that TFC already got as many points as they did.

  9. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,744
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    And furthermore, could we just get some more no frills CBs? I’d rather have stay at home CBs, than guys that try to do too much and end up unbalancing everything and missing simple things.
    I still believe we could get by alright with our current CB batch of we had an experienced, true DM and a GK that vocally organized us at the back and commanded his box better. At this point I wouldn't mind going high TAM on a GK and maybe even DP on a legit ball playing DM. Most of our goals against come when our backline is in chaos and nobody knows where anybody else is and thusly are slow to react to plays. Both goals yesterday were that.

  10. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    F5
    Posts
    13,262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Salcedo is a poor fit IMO. And it makes me wonder if that deal was more about hiding the waste of Soltedlo’s signing and saving Manning’s job. Still lacking leadership at the back.

    Bradley is only more complicated with each passing game. He’s sitting in passing lanes and spots where he can break up the play, so the stats sometimes look good but the sad reality is anytime he gets isolated 1v1 he struggles keep up and a lot of players are making adjustments out there to compensate for it.

    Overall, the team had a lot of guys who turned in average performances yesterday when the game needed something bolder.

    Looking forward to the summer window and these things being addressed.

  11. #101
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    18,860
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Both of those goals were planned plays (unless you think the smallest guy on the pitch being directly behind their tallest guy jumping for a header was unplanned)


    I think MB was at fault on the first goal for not going out to meet the man & based on the presser yesterday, BB knows it & this will be addressed.

  12. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,744
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Both of those goals were planned plays (unless you think the smallest guy on the pitch being directly behind their tallest guy jumping for a header was unplanned)
    They planned it pretty good but we were just in abstract chaos at the time of each goal. Just a lot of ball watching or scrambling aimlessly. We're still a couple windows away from being a good team. Until then we will have our share of days like yesterday.

  13. #103
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    498
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    our big issue is that young players finding their feet will not be consistent.

    hopefully by july these young players we're relying on will be squad players, not nailed on starters.

  14. #104
    RPB Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    3,151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Salcedo is a poor fit IMO. And it makes me wonder if that deal was more about hiding the waste of Soltedlo’s signing and saving Manning’s job. Still lacking leadership at the back.
    I was expecting a lot more from Salcedo like I am sure most of us were. I never watched him play in the Mexican league but I thought since he was a DP we were going to get a leader and a rock on defense and add some stability. Instead I think he seems to unbalance the defense a bit and has poor decision making at times. Just my opinion but our defense doesn't seem to be any better or worse when he is in. DP's should make a noticeable difference. Then again with our midfield not being able to hold onto the ball it does make it harder to evaluate the CB's since it is non-stop pressure on them for so much of the game.

  15. #105
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    5,744
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I was expecting a lot more from Salcedo like I am sure most of us were. I never watched him play in the Mexican league but I thought since he was a DP we were going to get a leader and a rock on defense and add some stability. Instead I think he seems to unbalance the defense a bit and has poor decision making at times. Just my opinion but our defense doesn't seem to be any better or worse when he is in. DP's should make a noticeable difference. Then again with our midfield not being able to hold onto the ball it does make it harder to evaluate the CB's since it is non-stop pressure on them for so much of the game.
    I think his future is to become a higher TAM replacement for Mavinga. He is that type of CB. The search for a new 'Moor' type CB continues.

  16. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Except for the weathert, everything was wrong with that match on Saturday…including the celebration just inside the gates post match after a horrible display and the ziplock bag give-away.
    Last edited by CowTipper; 05-02-2022 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Not Friday…Saturday 😀

  17. #107
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    4,203
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I still believe we could get by alright with our current CB batch of we had an experienced, true DM and a GK that vocally organized us at the back and commanded his box better. At this point I wouldn't mind going high TAM on a GK and maybe even DP on a legit ball playing DM. Most of our goals against come when our backline is in chaos and nobody knows where anybody else is and thusly are slow to react to plays. Both goals yesterday were that.
    Those are some pretty big 'ifs'.

    Bringing back Mavinga, Bono and sticking with Bradley in midfield remains just purely baffling. It's getting laughable that this board has been pointing things out for two years that the FO hasn't addressed yet.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •